IL - Stacy Ann Peterson, 23, Bolingbrook, 2007 (still missing) - #14

Yes, the article was to point out the time going into these cases and how things were moving towards an arrest, imo. I think it was a good idea to not only let the public be made aware, but to put DP and JAB on notice in a round about way.

We may not have heard the last of the blue barrel.

Today is the 6-month anniversary of Stacy Peterson going missing. The last time anyone spoke to her outside the immediate household, was about 10:15am on Sunday, October 28, 2007.

I have been studying the maps of Hassert Blvd/ HWY 111 for days. Remember when I had that dream I posted, I think it was in NOV or DEC?? To make a long story short I later found it interesting that some "psychics" were also interested in that area close to the "quarry".
I had another dream about this and have been scanning the maps for days looking for a 5 star motel and an airport in that same area. I have found some but still am not clear about it in my mind. I have been praying for clarification.
ANY HOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I did find a "Long Beach Elementary School". Could that be what the reporter was referring to?? Hope this link works!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...0287,-88.28064&spn=0.128541,0.233459&t=h&z=12

CuriosityCat,

Please take a look at this link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/W+Boughton+Rd+&+N+Weber+Rd+Bolingbrook+IL+60490/

The grey area in the middle of the map is Clow Airport. I'm pretty sure there aren't any five-star hotels in Bolingbrook. However, there are probably several in communities within 30 minutes.

I live about 2 miles from the Airport in South Naperville. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area.

CuriosityCat,

Please take a look at this link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/W+Boughton+Rd+&+N+Weber+Rd+Bolingbrook+IL+60490/

The grey area in the middle of the map is Clow Airport. I'm pretty sure there aren't any five-star hotels in Bolingbrook. However, there are probably several in communities within 30 minutes.

I live about 2 miles from the Airport in South Naperville. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area.
Hey Girl! Great to hear from you again! I know you remember that first dream.
Lisa, I am looking for a hotel that might possibly have an elevator that is open. Do you know of anything? I know that sometimes the nicer hotels have open elevators that are open to the outside as you are riding in them. That's what I have been looking for. If you know of any in any town with in driving distance of Bolingbrook please let me know.
Thank you!:blowkiss:

Hey CC! I've been around, just reading and watching, not posting much. I will ask my husband about any hotels with those "glass" elevators on the outside. I can't think of any, but he drives the area every day doing home mortgage and insurance inspections, so he might have a better idea. He also frequents hotels in the area, as he is a wedding photographer on weekends.

I didn't know where to put this response to Drew's new persona asking for leads in Stacy, s disappearance and he is now offerring $25, 000 for a reward.

I think that waiting 6 months to offer a reward on your wife's disappearance is alittle bizarre..where was this reward during the first weeks..

I just knew those two had something cooked up..but this I never would have guessed.

CC:

I spoke to my husband who knows this area very well. He doesn't know of any hotels/motels in the immediate area that have elevators of the type you have described. We do know, however, that there are numerous other businesses that have elevators of that type, like medicals centers and shopping malls, specifically. Oak Brook Mall has elevators like that in their parking garages, and several medical complexes do, as well. I don't know if this is at all helpful to you. My husband is familiar with most of the Western Suburbs' hotels and they don't have elevators of this type, but there are several in Chicago proper. Hope this helps.

CC:

I spoke to my husband who knows this area very well. He doesn't know of any hotels/motels in the immediate area that have elevators of the type you have described. We do know, however, that there are numerous other businesses that have elevators of that type, like medicals centers and shopping malls, specifically. Oak Brook Mall has elevators like that in their parking garages, and several medical complexes do, as well. I don't know if this is at all helpful to you. My husband is familiar with most of the Western Suburbs' hotels and they don't have elevators of this type, but there are several in Chicago proper. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I pray for a miracle in this case and SOON!:)

Thank you! I pray for a miracle in this case and SOON!:)

I think that is why we are all here. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know about the area. If I don't know, I'll find out. I'm still feeling a little weird about living half way between the missing Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic. It's just too weird to have two missing women within a couple of miles of where I live - it still makes me wonder if there isn't some strange connection.

I think that is why we are all here. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know about the area. If I don't know, I'll find out. I'm still feeling a little weird about living half way between the missing Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic. It's just too weird to have two missing women within a couple of miles of where I live - it still makes me wonder if there isn't some strange connection.
I can't believe you are saying that! I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. For some strange reason I started thinking about this case and wondering the same thing! What if there is some kind of weird connection?? It seems so far out, but I guess anything is possible these days.:waitasec:

Stacy's father spoke to the grand jury today.

Stacy Peterson's father speaks to grand jury

"She never left her kids," he said. "She called me every day. If she didn't get me on the phone, she'd leave a voice mail."

I just read the article that Chicoliving posted in the media links, and found this tidbit very interesting!

Peterson's neighbor James A. Mitchem Jr. and his teenage son also testified, but declined to comment.

My immediate thought upon reading this was that maybe this is the neighbor who reported seeing DP and an "unidentified man" (Tom Morphey) move a blue barrel into DP's vehicle the evening of October 28th.

At the time it was reported that a neighbor saw DP and an unknown man move a blue barrel into DP's vehicle the night of October 28th, all the major media was in Bolingbrook and basically camped out in front of DP's house. The media was clamoring for interviews with anyone connected to the case. They interviewed Sharon, Cassandra, and later members of the Savio family, Ric Mims, and almost every night, Steve Carcerano. Still later, we learned about Tom Morphey being the man who helped DP move a blue container to DP's vehicle.

In all the media interviews, there's three people who've never been interviewed............Tom Morphey, the neighbor who witnessed the blue barrel being moved into DP's vehicle, and Mary, the neighbor/best friend of Kathleen Savio, who was also in the house the night Kathleen was found.

I think James A. Mitchem, Tom Morphey, and Mary, are the three major witnesses and LE advised the media that these three were not available for interviews. These are the three who's testimony is being saved for the grand jury and a future trial.

Edited to add.......I just read another newspaper article on today's grand jury appearances, and in that article it states that James A. Mitchem is a neighbor and also the high school principal that one of DP's boys stayed with in the first few days after Stacy's disappearance. So, he's evidently not the man who witnessed the blue barrel being moved the night of Oct. 28th. Here's the link to the newspaper article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson-grand-jury_02may02,0,1363979.story

If it was the first time you thought about the connection of Lisa and Stacy...remember that DP probably watched carefully the reports of Lisa's disappearance plus he was on the force at the time. It was a training manual and still is for husbands that are getting ready to lose half or more. CS may have left NO trace of Lisa and still contends she left with another man. Sound at all familiar?! Hmmm...

By the way...we just passed the year mark for Lisa Stebic. Keep her and her children in your prayers.

My solice is knowing that DP and CS are being considered to be SUSPECTS during the same months in the same area that the Grand Jury has been seated. I believe more in the GJ procedure than I do in any trial. They get to hear truth. I pray to God...any God of every person...that they found some truth in both cases and the persons will be indicted for those murders.

RIP Kathleen, Lisa, Stacy. We haven't forgotten you.

If you are divided or undecided about men killing wives...please check out Steven Grant. He gave a detailed account of what he did to his wife who was going to leave him. His should be the testimony we try to relate to...as crazy as we know he is...because he was married with kids at the time his wife disappeared. He kept a normal relationship with LE....he gives us insight on the first few days of how. We can learn so much from him. He finally gave up, but it was because he ran out of time not lies. Tara's torso was found in their garage and after he was apprehended (when he vowed suicide)...he told them what he had done word for word. I think DP and CS would consider him "weak".

If you have followed Stacy's case...you should read Tara's. It will give you a new way to look at an "old" husband who might want his wife dead and how he was so normal in doing it.

I can't believe you are saying that! I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. For some strange reason I started thinking about this case and wondering the same thing! What if there is some kind of weird connection?? It seems so far out, but I guess anything is possible these days.:waitasec:

CC: This is not the first time I've posted my thoughts on the possibility of a connection between the two. I can't recall in which thread I posted it. But it is conceivable that there may be a connection between the two. I don't think it's too far out there to suggest it.

SS it wasn't the FIRST time I had thought of it, but I have always before discounted it as more than likely not being connected. Just Coincidence. All the facts that we have been told ,of course, lead me to believe "no way".

I do have one question that bugs me. I have never had what I feel is a really satisfying answer to it. The question is "Why are both of these men still walking free"??? Like LT states these disappearences happened within miles of each other. Both of the women had complained, at least to friends and family, of domestic violence. If I am not mistaken LS had filed DV reports. I doubt if SP had, when you are married to a cop you feel like you are up against a brick wall. (Been there and done that)
Both women were telling friends that they were going to leave. In LS's case she was supposed to leave within a day or so to an apartment, I believe.

While I think that both men are probably guilty as sin, would it hurt to look at other things?

My problem is that I am an avid reader of Mary Higgins Clark mysteries. What I love about them is that just when I am SURE that the murderer is obvious it turns out to be someone completely different.

I have always been a free thinker. I like to look at all sides of a thing and then make up my own mind. It drives some folks crazy but hey that's the way I roll...LOL

I have a really good theory about what I think might have happened in SP's case, but when I tried to tell it on the SP forum they deleted the thread.

I am not sure we will ever know for sure, but like you SS I pray to God that we will. I pray it is before another woman in that area "disappears". I mean in that area what would a man have to worry about?? I know that sounds crass but it's how I feel.

I feel the same way about child murders in Boulder..but hey, that's another story

SS it wasn't the FIRST time I had thought of it, but I have always before discounted it as more than likely not being connected. Just Coincidence. All the facts that we have been told ,of course, lead me to believe "no way".

I do have one question that bugs me. I have never had what I feel is a really satisfying answer to it. The question is "Why are both of these men still walking free"??? Like LT states these disappearences happened within miles of each other. Both of the women had complained, at least to friends and family, of domestic violence. If I am not mistaken LS had filed DV reports. I doubt if SP had, when you are married to a cop you feel like you are up against a brick wall. (Been there and done that)
Both women were telling friends that they were going to leave. In LS's case she was supposed to leave within a day or so to an apartment, I believe.

While I think that both men are probably guilty as sin, would it hurt to look at other things?

My problem is that I am an avid reader of Mary Higgins Clark mysteries. What I love about them is that just when I am SURE that the murderer is obvious it turns out to be someone completely different.

I have always been a free thinker. I like to look at all sides of a thing and then make up my own mind. It drives some folks crazy but hey that's the way I roll...LOL

I have a really good theory about what I think might have happened in SP's case, but when I tried to tell it on the SP forum they deleted the thread.

I am not sure we will ever know for sure, but like you SS I pray to God that we will. I pray it is before another woman in that area "disappears". I mean in that area what would a man have to worry about?? I know that sounds crass but it's how I feel.

I feel the same way about child murders in Boulder..but hey, that's another story

I think it's highly unusual to have two women disappear without a trace, just a few miles apart, under similar circumstances. In both cases, their husbands are the prime suspect, yet there doesn't seem to be any evidence that Drew Peterson and Craig Stebic know each other. But, there could be a common connection we don't know about. These two cases do suggest a common component.

I would be very interested in hearing your theory. If you prefer not to put it here, you could PM me. :)

I too am an avid reader of Mary Higgins Clark, and really enjoy all the plot twists. I haven't read her latest one though. :)

Curiositycat, the thing about mysteries written by mystery writers is that they can make anything happen - with twists and turns that their prolific brains conjure, anyone could have done it.

Real life is different. In the vast majority of cases involving missing women, when the husband is looking at losses (such as children or financial or the thought of losing the wife), they are the ones who most likely did it....they had motive. It's really very simple. The tough part is finding enough evidence to get a conviction and the prosecution gets only one shot.

With both the Savio homicide and the Stacy disappearance, there are problems. First, with Kathleen, so much time has elapsed and the crime scene is now gone. Forensic evidence cannot be gathered. That's major. With Stacy, there's no body. In these cases, the burden of proof for the prosecution is daunting. Lack of a body and crime scene in the Stebic case is also daunting. The last thing wanted in these three cases is "not guilty."

We must let law enforcement do their jobs and we must exercise patience. All of us want these men to be where they belong: IN PRISON.

Motive, means, and opportunity point to the husband in all three cases. With all due respect, crime novels might be entertaining, but usually have absolutely nothing to do with reality except that some of them are based on actual cases and they use the findings in their crime novels.

While I appreciate what you are saying Sleuther I don't just use my reading experience to make comments about domestic violence crimes.

My life experience and work experience have given me a lot of experience also.

I think we have let LE do their jobs or not do their jobs in a lot of these cases.

Any LE official that you speak to or work with knows the REAL reason we have to be so careful these days. It can be summed up in one word LAWSUITS.

Let's talk about KS. Her death evidently was not treated as a CRIME.
Perhaps that is the biggest problem we have in that case. Why wasn't it?
Do you have a really VALID answer for that?

With all due respect to you in order to do top rate detective work you need to be able to think outside of the box.

Awhile back I had a long discussion with the Sheriff, an elected official, in one of the small counties in my state.

I was a little ticked that he seemed to not arrest many men involved in domestic violence cases in the state for violations of restraining orders.

When I reminded him that I like to know which LE officials in the state are not favorable to women before we elect them AGAIN, he sat down and had a decent talk with me.

I ended up respecting him a lot more when he reminded me that it is the legal justice system in this country that has his hand's tied. He, being older like myself, reminded me that in the good old days what we could arrest someone for and what we can do today are two different things. In many cases the inmates are running the prison, so to speak. In other words the criminals have all the civil rights in the world. They end up suing at the drop of a hat.

While I didn't like it, I had to admit he is right.

I like that explanation a lot better then your "we must let law enforcement do their jobs and we must exercise patience" It would be good if the justice system in this country favored the victim more than the criminal.

With all due respect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back