Stacy Sightings and Other Case Phenomena

Wow!!! Are you sure they were in Peoria for that taping?

I have been thinking about this letter all day and have many unanswered questions about it, but, one of the main theories I keep coming back to is that Drew wrote the letter himself. He had to have. I have been wondering if he has at anytime referred to Stacy (or any of his ex-wives) as 'pudgy' when they were pregnant.

I know we have seen him riding off on his motorcycle and have been surprised that no one seems to have followed him. But, this idea that he was in Peoria on the very day that the letter was mailed is just stunning.

And, to SuzieQ: weren't the bed linens removed by the police? Or, did I miss something?

Wonder if she was wearing her bikini since DP said that is all the clothing that is missing!!

Well, that would certainly make someone take notice......seeing a young lady walking around a grocery store in November in a bikini! :)

And, to SuzieQ: weren't the bed linens removed by the police? Or, did I miss something?

I questioned where the bed linens fact came from and another poster here posted a link to a media report of somesort, I can't remember what. Maybe someone could kindly post it again?

Also, maybe a local member of the area could call NBC in Peoria and get a confirmation that Drew taped the interview there?

Small world! it just so happens that both Drew and his lawyer Brodsky were in Peoria the morning of November 19 to be interviewed by Matt Lauer using a satellite connection. They were at the local NBC affiliate station.

Pretty strange that the person who sent the letter decided not to contact Peoria or BB police, not to ask the Kroger staff to call police or save their video tape, did not contact Stacy's family or Illinois state police. They didn't even call Drew anonyomusly from a pay phone. Nope, they sat back, seeing the searchers on TV every day, trudging thru underbrush, dragging ponds, Stacy's parents and sisters heartbroken. They decided to forego any reward money, didn't tell anyone at all for five days, then snail-mailed a letter without giving their name.

What a coincidence...Drew and Brodsky being in Peoria on the exact same day our tipster who doesn't want to be identified finally decides to drop Drew a line.

Susan
progress.gif

It's way too much of a coincidence that DP and attorney were in Peoria on the same day that a tipster letter was mailed from Peoria. It wouldn't surprise me if DP had someone else write the letter so it wouldn't be in his handwriting.

I think DP and Brodsky are trying way too hard to discredit Dr. Baden's autopsy results, and are now making up phony tips to make the police think Stacy is still alive. All it's doing is making Dp look all the more guilty!

I questioned where the bed linens fact came from and another poster here posted a link to a media report of somesort, I can't remember what. Maybe someone could kindly post it again?

Also, maybe a local member of the area could call NBC in Peoria and get a confirmation that Drew taped the interview there?

LOL! Well, you are absolutely useless! Incidentally, I just read your post in that chitchat thread, and I must say, I knew there was some reason why I like you, and now I know.

That's a good idea about someone calling the NBC Peoria station.

LOL! Well, you are absolutely useless! Incidentally, I just read your post in that chitchat thread, and I must say, I knew there was some reason why I like you, and now I know.

That's a good idea about someone calling the NBC Peoria station.

Well it appears I'm even more useless! The Bed linens were discussed on Jamie Colby's blog and she's talking about the bed linens that were taken by police. Soooooo nevermind!

I hope you posted your turkey day story! The L.A times used to publish "The turkey awards". It was stories readers submitted about their horror travel stories. I would laugh so hard reading it. I don't think the Times printed it this year. Darn.

Here is the full Associated Press report:

Atty: Letter Says Cop's Wife Sighted

By CARLA K. JOHNSON

"Brodsky said Peterson hopes the letter, which describes a sighting of a possibly pregnant Stacy Peterson in Peoria, will lead authorities to his wife.

Pamela Bosco, a close friend of Stacy Peterson's family, scoffed at the idea. She said the family has received "tons of letters," signed and unsigned, from psychics and others claiming to know the missing woman's whereabouts.

"We got a letter saying she was seen in Florida," Bosco said. "She's traveling an awful lot, isn't she?"

The writer of the letter, dated Nov. 19, said Stacy Peterson wasn't alone when spotted in a Peoria supermarket and might have been trying to be noticed. She appeared to have "a little pudge," the letter writer wrote, asking if she was pregnant.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself."

This one just smells, imo.

From what I read Drew knew her "menstrual cycle" so he would know how far along she would be. But at her age with 2 kids she probably had a local Dr. and Drew didn't know for sure. I bet the police have talked to her Dr by now. I doubt she would have skipped any bc pills and with any luck she was getting the bc shot every 3 months and DP may not have known it

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/662764,CST-NWS-boling22.article

Less than 10 days before his wife vanished, Drew Peterson confronted her and another man at a suburban Denny's and posed a question:
"He asked me how I'd react if my wife was with another man," Scott Rossetto said Wednesday after testifying before a Will County grand jury looking into Stacy Peterson's disappearance.
Who is Scott Rossetto?
Scott Rossetto, 35, a registered nurse from Shorewood, testified before a grand jury Wednesday looking into the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. Afterward, Rossetto said:

* He was not having an affair with Stacy.
* He traded racy text messages and e-mail with Stacy.
* Drew Peterson could have ''misconstrued'' the messages if he saw them.
* Stacy reached out to him ''out of the blue'' three weeks before she vanished.
* Stacy told him she was ''sick and tired of being trapped in the house all the time.''

* His twin brother, Keith, dated Stacy six years ago.

I remembered that when it hit the news that DP would be on Today the morning of Nov. 19, I heard a teaser for the show say that DP would not be in New York again, but would be via satellite from the local NBC Tv Station.
Remember, the second interview was reported to have been done because his new lawyer wanted to dispute and discredit Baden's statement that Kathy's death was a homicide. This was the first I saw of Mr. Brodsky.

I looked on Newslink.com for Illinois tv stations and found NBC is in Peoria.

Susan

progress.gif

Could he be THAT stupid?!?! Nevermind....YEP he could! :slap:

Small world! it just so happens that both Drew and his lawyer Brodsky were in Peoria the morning of November 19 to be interviewed by Matt Lauer using a satellite connection. They were at the local NBC affiliate station.

Pretty strange that the person who sent the letter decided not to contact Peoria or BB police, not to ask the Kroger staff to call police or save their video tape, did not contact Stacy's family or Illinois state police. They didn't even call Drew anonyomusly from a pay phone. Nope, they sat back, seeing the searchers on TV every day, trudging thru underbrush, dragging ponds, Stacy's parents and sisters heartbroken. They decided to forego any reward money, didn't tell anyone at all for five days, then snail-mailed a letter without giving their name.

What a coincidence...Drew and Brodsky being in Peoria on the exact same day our tipster who doesn't want to be identified finally decides to drop Drew a line.

Susan
progress.gif

Wait! Where does it say that Drew was in Peoria on 11/19?!!! Peoria is literally a HAUL from BB.

It makes more sense that DP and lawyer would have gone to Chicago's NBC affiliate, NBC 5 Chicago, WMAQ TV, at 454 N Columbus Drive (which is about 30 miles away and about 45 minutes northeast-straight up the Stephenson (I-55)) than going all the way to Peoria, which on a good day is over 2 hours away (Peoria is 140 miles southwest of BB). :twocents:

Can someone point me to the link that the second Today Show interview was done in Peoria as opposed to Chicago? Thanks!

I remembered that when it hit the news that DP would be on Today the morning of Nov. 19, I heard a teaser for the show say that DP would not be in New York again, but would be via satellite from the local NBC Tv Station.
Remember, the second interview was reported to have been done because his new lawyer wanted to dispute and discredit Baden's statement that Kathy's death was a homicide. This was the first I saw of Mr. Brodsky.

I looked on Newslink.com for Illinois tv stations and found NBC is in Peoria.

Susan
progress.gif

Just so you know the local NBC TV station is in CHICAGO, NOT in Peoria. I'm sure Peoria has their own station, BUT DP is closer to Chicago than he is to Peoria and it only makes sense that the interview would be conducted at NBC 5 Chicago, than Peoria.

Did they just say "Local NBC TV Station"? If so, then that would most definitely be NBC5 Chicago, which is broadcast throughout the Chicagoland Metropolitan area and Northwest Indiana...

I posted somewhere earlier that I spoke with a WS member that verified that Drew filmed the 11/19 taping in Chicago.

Police request surveillance video in Peterson case"PEORIA -- The Illinois State Police Department has requested surveillance video from a Peoria Kroger store in connection with the Stacy Peterson investigation."

"An anonymous letter with a Peoria postmark was sent to Drew Peterson's attorney detailing an encounter the writer had with Stacy on November 12 at a Peoria Kroger.

A Kroger spokesman told us surveillance video from the Madison Park Kroger on Harmon Highway has been turned over to state police.

State investigators would not comment specifically on the video, but did say it is under investigation."

Hey ,Ill bet everyone here a dollar neither Stacy or Drew Peterson's buddy are anywhere on this video.
What? no takers?
Of course unless they got some young women aproximately Stacy's size to play her part(Undoubtably with a hoody and sunglasses) Counting on the surveilance cameras...

Both Nancy Grace and Dan Abrams received copies of the letter and showed it on the air.
I hope someone will post it so we can all see it.
It appeared to be produced on a computer but using some squirrlie script handwriting kind of font.
The letter was really really strange.

I'll bet dollars to donuts DP wrote that letter.

Sounds like a female type of thing. Bet Mom had something to do with it.
If it had been Drew, he would have thought about cameras in the store.

On Greta's show tonight (Wednesday January 23) Joel Brodsky appeared and told of a telephone message 'tip' that he received on Monday January 21. They played the message and it was a little hard to hear but a woman caller claimed that she had seen Stacy on January 2nd at or near The Dream Center in Peoria.

Peoria is about 140 miles from Bolingbrook. The caller claimed to have seen Stacy twice, and said she talked with her the first time.

Brodsky said he turned the info over to the Illinois State Police. He said that he thinks all they did to follow up was to call the Center and ask if a Stacy Peterson had checked in.

And then, in an incredibly stupid statement, imo, he said that he has asked his phone company for the records and/or logs to see where this call came from. Assuming it was not from a pay phone, he said that they would be able to learn the identity of the tipster. He also seemed to think this is the same tipster that sent the letter around Thanksgiving time claiming to have seen Stacy at the Kroger's in Peoria. So, by saying he is going to try to find out who this person is, does that encourage other tipsters? Isn't the purpose to actually find Stacy?

Personally, I just don't get why people would send their tips to either Brodsky or Drew. If they are real tips, send them to the police.

Want to know what I think would be funny? They say everybody has a twin look alike somewhere. What if someone who had a resembalance to Stacy would dress like her and approach DrewP in a public area. Wonder what he would say?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back