Stacy's children

It's Drew's oldest son, Steve, who has custody of Drew's minor children, who are half brothers and sister to Steve. Steve was newly married at the time Stacy disappeared.

Unfortunately, Steve is squarely behind his father and will only perpetuate the belief that their father is innocent and being unfairly prosecuted.

The two older boys, at 14 and 16 should have professional counseling to deal with all that's happened. If DP is convicted of the murder of Kathleen, they will need long-term counseling.

Because of their age, I think the courts will give some consideration to the boy's preference for who they want to live with, and since DP has kept the boys from having any contact with their mother's side of the family, they would probably state a preference for Steve and his wife. I do feel that the court should give visitation to the Savio family, so the boys would have the opportunity to get to know them. Perhaps, in the long term, the boys would opt to spend more time with the Savios.

At the time Stacy disappeared, her two children were only age 2 and 4. They should be protected from all that's happened, until they're old enough to know the truth. I think Stacy's sister should have custody of her niece and nephew, as they need a mother figure at their age more than an older brother.

It's a difficult situation no matter how you look at it. With so many families involved, it's likely the four children would be broken up, but if all the adults could put their differences aside to allow frequent contact between all four children, that would make a difference.

An unknown in all of this is Drew's second oldest son, Eric. He would be about 28 years old now. At the time of Kathleen's death, he didn't feel her death was accidental and broke off his relationship with his father. Nothing is known of him.

Bad place for the kids to be. I think things are in motion to get the little ones out. I wonder if the son is anything like the dad and brain washing these poor boys.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=6230454

It's so sad that the Savio boys were kept from their Mom's family so as to not know them. I hope Stacy's family gets some good legal advice and gets those babies out of there. Apparently DCFS checked the house - DCFS is not held to high standards in Illinois. They have a horrible reputation. Well known for putting abused children back into the homes of abusers. I knew of a particular case where they returned a small child to his abusive mother, who subsequently hung him with an extension cord in the closet. I'll find the link. Google Illinois DCSF nightmares. It's a HORRIBLE system of child protection in Illinois.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=6230454

It's so sad that the Savio boys were kept from their Mom's family so as to not know them. I hope Stacy's family gets some good legal advice and gets those babies out of there. Apparently DCFS checked the house - DCFS is not held to high standards in Illinois. They have a horrible reputation. Well known for putting abused children back into the homes of abusers. I knew of a particular case where they returned a small child to his abusive mother, who subsequently hung him with an extension cord in the closet. I'll find the link. Google Illinois DCSF nightmares. It's a HORRIBLE system of child protection in Illinois.

I hope something can be done for the children. I'm not as optimistic about the two older boys because they've had no contact with their mother's side of the family for over five years, and they're only have a few years before they will be considered adults. I think Stacy's family stands a better chance at winning custody of Stacy's two small children, and I hope they can find a good attorney to present their case.

Just curious, has anyone seen anything new on the 4 children???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back