Stacys search Info

I'll pray too. I had no idea they'd keep searching at this point. I'm impressed.

I'll pray too. I had no idea they'd keep searching at this point. I'm impressed.

FWIW, Sandra Bellinger (of Laci Peterson case fame) predicted Stacy would be found in April. Let's pray she's right.

IIRC, she thinks she's at the Dresden Locke, under-water.

JMHO
fran

I'm not sure which thread to post this to, but after debating I feel this is the right one.

I have paste and copied a portion of a search teams maunevers in searching for a body in cold water temperatures. This team is located in another state, but I immediately thought of Stacy while reading it. I asked for permission to post it here and received it.

For me, it helped on how a body "reacts" in a river, lake, etc. I think the area that Stacy is beleived to be in is also considered a "cold water" river.

From the article;
Uhler’s search includes three main functions: attaching a boat to a high-line rope system and dropping a camera into the water around the falls and near the footbridge; sending two teams along the shoreline to search debris piles with probes; and searching the river’s eddies, the outer corners where water becomes slow-moving.
“There is clearly a good reason to believe we could locate a person if they were a victim of the river,” he said. “The river is very predictable.”
When a person falls into a cold-water current like the Otter Creek in February, the process is always the same, Uhler explained. A body will descend through three phases, known as the top, middle and bottom load. If the person is conscious, he will remain in the top load longer as he fights the current. If he is unconscious, or cannot beat the current, he will sink to the middle load and finally the bottom.
“If there’s a lot of debris in the river a person’s clothes can become ensnared in the debris,” Uhler said.
In warmer water, a body would become more buoyant, rise to the surface and begin moving on the current. But in the Otter Creek’s cold water, it’s unlikely a body would travel far from where it entered the river, Uhler explained.
“In a matter of one to two minutes he could have gone from top load to bottom load, especially with the current,” he said. “With the cold water conditions we have now, once a person becomes trapped in a certain area in the river, they would probably stay there for a while.”

But do they mention how they determine cold vs warm? Stacy went missing in Oct. and the weather was pretty warm for Oct. last year.

There will be a search for Stacy Peterson this Saturday, October 25.

BRING STACY HOME!
Searchers needed Sat October 25, 2008 Stacy Peterson Hello again all! We are currently in need of volunteers to aid us in a search on Oct 25, 2008. We will once again be search for Stacy Peterson, it is not too late and it is not time to give up. We must push forward and bring this beautiful young woman home.If you are available please email me here or at fuzzbuttmom@comcast.net. We will be meeting at 9am, meeting location to be announced. Please feel free to repost this as often as you would like. Thanks again to all who have been helping in the searches and for any further help you may be able to provide.

ANY LOCALS?
Are there any searches still planned?
Did everyone just give up looking?

The FBI and Illinois State Police have returned to a southwest suburban forest preserve to search for the body of Stacy Peterson.

<snip>
The search in the Hammel Woods area is not related to any new leads, but is part of periodic searches held in the case, according to the source

Stacy Peterson's cell phone showed activity in the Shorewood area around the time she disappeared. The search on Monday wrapped up around 4 p.m.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8875246

Authorities search canal near Lockport for Stacy Peterson’s body, her sister says. Wife of Drew Peterson has been missing since 2007.

Authorities searched a canal near Lockport on Tuesday at the urging of the sister of Stacy Peterson, the missing wife of convicted murderer
Drew Peterson, her sister said.

Illinois State Police confirmed they searched the area with help from the FBI, though they did not specify what they were looking for.
Lockport Fire also assisted, according to Fire Chief John O’Connor.

The search Tuesday followed others in the same area in recent months, and all have been unsuccessful, State Police Sgt. Delila Garcia said.

Stacy Peterson’s sister, Cassandra Cales, said she pushed authorities to search the area. She said she believes she has video evidence of skeletal remains in the area.

FBI search for Drew Peterson's missing 4th wife turns up empty, sister continues hunt with sonar

Diving teams entered the water Tuesday five months after Cales said she submitted a tip in May that her privately employed sonar search crews captured
video of supposed skeletal remains in the Des Plaines River near the Lockport Powerhouse, which is a power station north of Joliet, Illinois.

"I'm not going to stop. If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself," Cales told Fox 32 Chicago.

"I am beyond frustrated. It's definitely somebody," Cales said of what appeared to be bones captured on video in an area of murky water about 21 feet deep.
"I can't say it's my sister. But why take so long to go and retrieve something?"

https://wgntv.com/news/sources-tip-brings-searchers-back-out-for-stacy-peterson-in-lockport/

LOCKPORT, Ill. — Fourteen years after her disappearance, search teams were back out looking for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson on Tuesday following a tip from her sister.

Sources told WGN Investigates a tip brought boats and divers to the sanitary and ship canal in Lockport. SkyCam9 was overhead as fire department crews, state police and the FBI were all at the scene.

In a press conference Tuesday, Peterson’s younger sister Cassandra Cales said she submitted a tip in May that skeletal remains were supposedly found. Cales said she then enlisted the help of man from Alaska who specializes in underwater searches with a remote-operated vehicle.

Cales said they discovered what appears to be skeletal remains and she’s frustrated it took police months to come out.

It did not appear search crews found anything, sources said.

“Because of me pressing buttons, they come out five months later and don’t recover anything,” Cales said.

‘I Will Be Back': Stacy Peterson's Sister Vows to Keep Searching Lockport Canal

After authorities searched a Lockport canal Tuesday afternoon as part of an investigation into the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, her sister, Cassandra Cales, spoke alongside the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

"Today was a search for possible human remains that I have basically devoted my life to," Cales told reporters after the search ended.

The area searched was the same canal where Cales claimed her sister's body had been found, sources close to the investigation told NBC Chicago. Stacy Peterson, a Bolingbrook mother of two and the fourth wife of convicted killer Drew Peterson, disappeared at 23 years old in 2007.

On Tuesday, Cales said she obtained a live video recording of skeletal remains in the water in May. She told reporters she gave the evidence to law enforcement, but no search was conducted for another five months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back