Star Jones Reynolds GONE!!!

I just turned on the View and Star is NOT there. I missed the first part what happened??

kato said:
She said "The View" made Star a star. Towards the end she looked really flummoxed before they broke for commercial. I think she is HIGHLY PISSED off. This could hurt Star's future career bids. IMO she crossed the wrong woman.

Couldn't agree more!!! I can't stand Star.

Is Star gone for good now??? They haven't mentioned anything after the break.

MrsMush99 said:
I just turned on the View and Star is NOT there. I missed the first part what happened??

1st thing when they walked out Star's picture was not included. BW said that Star was no longer with the show and that they were taken by suprise by her statement as they had agreed to do it Thurs.. She also said Star has known for months that her contract was not going to be renewed for reasons she would not go into. Basically what we have been hearing and reading since yesterday.

Thanks Kato. At least we don't have to endure a goodbye show. Whew!

kato said:
"The View" RIGHT NOW!! Saying they are sad. Oh boy getting messy. BW just said it's hard to sit there and act like nothing is going on and then she continued to talk. She said "The View" made Star a star. Towards the end she looked really flummoxed before they broke for commercial. I think she is HIGHLY PISSED off. This could hurt Star's future career bids. IMO she crossed the wrong woman.

Thanks Kato. I agree - this could really hurt Star's future - who does she think she is? She's going on Larry on Thurs who's best buds with Barbara. Babs isn't going to take this lying down. What network is gonna want to touch her?

MrsMush99 said:
Thanks Kato. At least we don't have to endure a goodbye show. Whew!

Yes, thank goodness we don't have to listen to everyone being nicey nicey when we know damn good and well they hate each other.

I watched Charles Gibson's goodbye on GMA. Now that was bittersweet. But at least he'll be on the nightly news. I for one like him.

jilly said:
Thanks Kato. I agree - this could really hurt Star's future - who does she think she is? She's going on Larry on Thurs who's best buds with Barbara. Babs isn't going to take this lying down. What network is gonna want to touch her?

She'll just have to go back to being an attorney. That is if anyone would hire her. LOL

MrsMush99 said:
Yes Kato. It's mandatory. They want to make sure they are taking the surgery seriously and I guess to get to the root of why they overeat. I think it might be mostly with females that change because we have a male friend that had the gastric bypass and he looks fantastic and is still the same fun loving guy that we've always known.

Getting ready for the surgery can vary a lot from surgeon to surgeon. As far as therapy goes, most insurance companies require you to have a psych. evaluation 1 time basicly to see if you will be up to the changes you'll be facing after surgery, that you understand how things will change in the way you eat and you'll be able to comply with the new rules.
People who have the surgery often talk about how friends and family will change towards them, if they've always been known as the "fat friend" and suddenly they're not, some people will feel threatened. It's common for the surgeons to have some sort of support group available after surgery but not every one keeps going to it. The surgery is a tool, it's not a 100% guarantee that you'll lose all the weight and keep it off.
IMO anyone who after surgery suddenly becomes the beeotch you've never seen before, always had her inside, just with being so overweight before felt she had to be nicer because of lower self-esteem.

Old Broad

Here's the dialogue from this morning's show, as per Drudge Report:

Transcipt:

WALTERS: "And then there were three. This is, truthfully, a very difficult day for us, and it is a sad day for us. If you were watching the program yesterday, you would have heard Star announce that she's leaving THE VIEW and will not be on the program next fall.

"We didn't expect her to make this statement yesterday. She gave us no warning. And we were taken by surprise. But the truth is that Star has known for months that ABC did not want to renew her contract and that she would not be asked back in the fall.

"The network made this decision based on a variety of reasons which I won't go into now. But we were never going to say this. We wanted to protect star. And so we told her that she could say whatever she wanted about why she was leaving and that we would back her up.

"We worked closely with her representatives and we gave her time to look for another job. We hope she would announce it on the program and leave with dignity.

"But Star made another choice. "And since her announcement yesterday, she has made further announcements that have surprised us. "So it is becoming uncomfortable for us to pretend that everything is the same at this table.

"And, therefore, regrettably Star will no longer be on this program, except for some shows that have been prerecorded.

THE VIEW helped make Star a Star and Star helped make THE VIEW the success that it is.

"We will never forget that. We wish her well in this new chapter of her life as we begin a new chapter on THE VIEW."

Developing...
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash6.htm

And here's more...

A few hours after a televised display of saccharine warmth and affection between Barbara Walters and Star Jones Reynolds - who yesterday surprised her "View" colleagues by announcing she's leaving in mid-July - their relationship turned very chilly indeed.

Never mind Walters' previous public assurances that Jones Reynolds was welcome to stay on the show as long as she wanted. Yesterday, "The View's" alpha female - the show's co-owner and co-executive producer - told me that she lied "to protect Star" from the damaging news that ABC long ago decided not to renew her contract.

"I have always told the truth on this program, except in the case of Star," Walters told me, her voice the temperature of liquid nitrogen. "The network decided long ago not to renew her contract. Her contract is with the network, not with me. I was trying to protect Star and her sensitivities. She has, after all, been on the program." Sticking in the knife, Walters added icily: "There are very strong reasons why [ABC execs] felt she had lost the audience. I had then decided, along with [executive producer] Bill Geddie, that whatever she wanted to say - that she had a new job, that she was starting a new chapter - we would back her up."
I read somewhere yesterday (but can't find it now!) that Star has already accepted another job with a competing network, but they didn't name the network. My guess is that it's with CNN or MSNBC, but obviously that's just a guess. I personally wish she would go back into the apartment she shares with her husband and never show her nasty face again. JMHO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/430729p-362999c.html

I can see this is definitely getting ugly... Star is marching all over town telling anyone who will listen her pitiful side of the story.

Jones tattled to Ryan Seacrest earlier Wednesday morning during a radio interview, saying she was sent packing immediately after Tuesday’s on-air announcement that her contract had not been renewed, according to Entertainment Tonight Online. Her last day was evidently supposed to be July 13.

The diva has been sharing her two cents all over the place. On Tuesday, she dished to People magazine, saying her departure was not by choice.

“I feel like I was fired.”

Walters said she felt sideswiped by Jones’ surprise announcement on Tuesday after the show’s first commercial break.

“I love Star and I was trying to do everything I possibly could — up until this morning when I was betrayed — to protect her,” she told The Associated Press.
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060628/FEATURES/60628013

Thanks, HeartOfTexas, for posting the Drudge transcript of Barbara's opening remarks. You just saved me some reviewing & typing. :D

Curious, as to how they were going to handle Star's remarks yesterday and subsequently learning of her remarks in the People article - I tuned in this morning. I also taped it so I could post an accurate account here on the thread.

I thought Barbara addressed the audience with honesty, grace & dignity in explaining just what took place on their show yesterday. Obviously, the subject couldn't be avoided - and she handled it very well.

IMO - Star didn't do herself any favors by blindsiding Barbara & the View producers on Tuesday's show - not to mention her People Mag remarks that came to light after The View ended yesterday.

Still - and most unfortunately - I think Star will somehow be back on the tube (probably a cable channel) with a show of her own. "Star" as "the star" - not just one person on a panel or in a group of women. Since she had known for months - even months before Meredith's April announcement - that her contract was not being renewed .. I'm sure 'her people' have been plotting & planning Star's next career move.

Star's ratings continued to plummet even after the ABC folks had decided they did not wish to renew her contract last fall - so that 'continuous ratings drop' may play heavily into her future on TV. Who knows ... ?! :confused:

JMHO ... :)

13th Juror

13th Juror, I agree with everything you said... and everything I've read in the past couple of days seems to substantiate what you're saying. I so wish Star wasn't getting another TV show, but I feel certain she will.

13th Juror said:

Thanks, HeartOfTexas, for posting the Drudge transcript of Barbara's opening remarks. You just saved me some reviewing & typing. :D

Curious, as to how they were going to handle Star's remarks yesterday and subsequently learning of her remarks in the People article - I tuned in this morning. I also taped it so I could post an accurate account here on the thread.

I thought Barbara addressed the audience with honesty, grace & dignity in explaining just what took place on their show yesterday. Obviously, the subject couldn't be avoided - and she handled it very well.

IMO - Star didn't do herself any favors by blindsiding Barbara & the View producers on Tuesday's show - not to mention her People Mag remarks that came to light after The View ended yesterday.

Still - and most unfortunately - I think Star will somehow be back on the tube (probably a cable channel) with a show of her own. "Star" as "the star" - not just one person on a panel or in a group of women. Since she had known for months - even months before Meredith's April announcement - that her contract was not being renewed .. I'm sure 'her people' have been plotting & planning Star's next career move.

Star's ratings continued to plummet even after the ABC folks had decided they did not wish to renew her contract last fall - so that 'continuous ratings drop' may play heavily into her future on TV. Who knows ... ?! :confused:

JMHO ... :)

13th Juror

I agree. Barbara handled the situation very well.

julia said:
Goodbye Star! I won't miss ya!

heehee!

Or as my co-worker says 'don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha' :crazy: :crazy:

Wow!!! I never know she had so many fan's ( is it 1 or 2 fan's lol)

I know many dislike Barbara Walters but I have the most respect for that woman. She has blazed many trails and has managed to not burn *many* bridges in the process! She has class and has been welcomed by leaders all over the world....

With that being said, how thick must Star Jones be to have not picked up one good lesson in these last 9 years :banghead:

Seriously, talk about burning bridges...man, Star chose the Golden Gate with that little episode! If she does get back on TV I predict it will be some tabloid thingy...the very thing she disliked so very much :D :D :D

Lynie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4