Starbucks sued for pulling offer

luvbeaches said:
Not only do I hope she is laughed right out of court...I wish she would have to be responsible for Starbuck's attorney fees. If there were some financial consequences slapped against these attorneys & clients for filing frivolous lawsuits, then maybe people wouldn't rush in to try and cash in so quickly.

What luvbeaches said! :dance:

I don't think she is trying to collect all that money alone.
I think they are trying to start a class action suit..so everyone would get their share of the missed latte. I don't think the money would go to the lady.
I think Starbucks screwed up on this and as Yakwoman said it was really dumb.

I better go reread the article before I shoot off my mouth.

eta:
from the link:

The woman's lawyer says $114m equals the cost of drinks for all those turned away when the company decided to cancel its offer. He hopes millions of other disappointed customers will join the legal effort.

He is accusing the company of fraud and is requesting class-action status for the lawsuit, hoping to sign-up countless others around the country who also missed out on their free drink.

ETA again: Just to clarify, i would never bother with such a suit, but I only wanted to point out that I don't think the lady is trying to get all the money.The point of a class action suit is that the loss of one just isn't enough to bring suit. But if millions of people join in the effort then the amount is much more substantial. That is why they are trying to get people to participate. I don't think this will survive though.

I didn't think she was attempting to get it all for herself.

i do think, though, she's got a weird lateral thinking thing going on and may need to examine herself at little - or much.

so she was disappointed?

it was just a drink, for hades' sake! :slap:

Floh said:
I didn't think she was attempting to get it all for herself.

i do think, though, she's got a weird lateral thinking thing going on and may need to examine herself at little - or much.

so she was disappointed?

I didn't mean to imply that you thought that. I should have quoted those that did say it, sorry.

Floh said:

so she was disappointed?

Exactly.

People continue to amaze me.

Floh said:
People: you have noooooooo idea how happy it makes me to see no one backs to this utterly ridiculous suit!

the sharpest answer of all (of which all being sharp) was: OMG are people really that petty and greedy now a days?? So you didnt get your free drink its not like you NEED it anyway...geez! :banghead:

yeah - that! :croc:

hope they wipe the frickin' floor with her in court. :doh:

and charge her costs. :croc:
Hey, a free cup of coffee is free.SOOO why compain if you do not get it.Oh, Boy this is nuts! As for sueing well the lady needs to get a bloody life.As we Aussies say"only in America"!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back