Starbucks testing beer-flavored latte in Florida, Ohio

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by LinasK, Sep 23, 2014.

1. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Updated: 5:12 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014 | Posted: 5:11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014
    Cox Media Group National Content Desk
    SEATTLE —
    Good news, coffee and beer lovers: Starbucks is reportedly testing a new latte that combines two of your favorite flavors.

According to The Associated Press, the Dark Barrel Latte – a stout-flavored coffee drink – is available at a few stores in Florida and Ohio.

The Seattle-based coffee chain describes the drink as having a "savory toasty malt" flavor.
    The drink includes whipped cream, caramel and a "chocolatey stout-flavored sauce," but no alcohol, Starbucks spokeswoman Linda Mills told the AP. http://www.krmg.com/news/news/natio...nt_internallink_relatedcontent_2014_partners3

2. Loading...

3. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa New Member

I tried it. It tastes nothing like stout - it tastes like horrible, artificial banana, of all things! I was pretty disappointed, as I like stout and I thought a bittery stout with caramel drizzle would be good with the coffee taste.