State DHS worker punished for reporting illegal aliens that were applying for benefit

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
DHS worker says he was punished for reporting illegal immigrants
OKLAHOMA CITY -- A state Department of Human Services worker says he was punished for trying to report illegal immigrants who were applying for state benefits.
Steve Thomas told the House Revenue and Taxation Committee he tried to follow a rule requiring memos be written to DHS superiors when they come across an applicant who's an illegal immigrant.

Thomas says he was taken before DHS' civil rights office and accused of threatening illegal immigrants. His testimony came at the request of Representative Randy Terrill who wants the committee to study illegal immigration in Oklahoma.

But Oklahoma Catholic Charities attorney Shirley Cox says Thomas sounds like a disgruntled employee. Cox says the issue should be addressed at the federal _ not state _ level.
If that aint bizzare i dunno what is
http://kfor.com/Global/story.asp?S=5590386&nav=menu99_2_1

Not bizarre - disgusting and obnoxious. Sounds like the supervisor didn't want to conform to the regulations, and punished the subordinate for doing what was right.

I''d like more details on this one, but so far I am with the employee who sent the memo.

If Catholic services got involved then Thomas must have said something to the illegal immigrants and done more than just sending that memo because otherwise, how would they even have known that he sent the memo. If it was okay for these immigrants to receive food stamps or whatever they were applying for, then he should have just done as told with the memo and kept his mouth shut.

Catholic church is heavily politically involved in illegal aliens - they support them a lot, a cyncial person (me!) could say it's because people are leaving in droves, and illegal immigrants are substantially Catholic....

I didn't see it saying the Catholic church lawyer was involved before this hit the public...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back