State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

How does a broke person move out of the country? Which countries welcome convicted felons on a moment's notice? Why is this being entertained as an option for her?

There is nowhere on this earth she can go where someone else can't make a buck from exposing and/or betraying her. She will have to be forever vigilant. There is no escaping her self-made legacy.

How does a broke person move out of the country? Which countries welcome convicted felons on a moment's notice? Why is this being entertained as an option for her?

For little letters explain it all for you Horace Finklestein - media generated.

.......................C.........A..........R...........P...............

I think it's the same one Lisbeth used in her motions recently arguing against HHJP's order to pay costs.....here it is.....:bigfight: .....:floorlaugh:

Friday, NASA put North America back in the possible target zone, with a low probability that any surviving debris will land in the United States.

NASA said the satellite will pass over Canada and Africa, as well as the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...d-to-re-enter-Earths-atmosphere-later-tonight

Whew! Glad to hear that! I have a lot of "amends" before I go and I don't think I'd have time for them all before I fall asleep tonight.....:innocent:

Someone mentioned Casey getting a job. She doesn't need a job. Let her sell plasma every month. I did it to pay for my college text books. She can do the same. Where I live, you can earn up to $55 by giving twice a month.

It's time to pay up Casey!

jmo

And some of us can get some small comfort that she is having a needle stuck in her arm, just for the wrong purpose.

couple that with the fact that it's very difficult for americans to emigrate to pretty much any country (believe me, I know) let alone one convicted of felonies. let alone one that made international news for the murder she was acquitted of.

I read the People magazine article -- it sounds like more B.S. from the un-named sources -- although I notice that the un-named sources are identified as either male or female. Reading between the lines I am guessing that the un-named sources are Casey's lawyers, including Jose Baez, Cheney Mason and Lisabeth Fryer. My only question is did People magazine pay any money to Casey funneled through them?

On another issue, what country would accept Casey Anthony as a visitor, let alone as in immigrant since she has a criminal record with both felony and misdemeanor convictions? I think it's more pie-in-the-sky musings from Casey and her lawyers that she can move anywhere where someone won't know who she is.

I'm usually the optimist, but I just can't get happy about this one.

A. It doesn't look like KC is going to be held to any deadline to pay back this money, and

B. $217,000+ is not that much if she gets a deal to tell her story.

I guess the only thing that's going to give me any satisfaction is if KC is arrested on federal felony charges, or if she commits another felony crime. :sigh:

I'm usually the optimist, but I just can't get happy about this one.

A. It doesn't look like KC is going to be held to any deadline to pay back this money, and

B. $217,000+ is not that much if she gets a deal to tell her story.

I guess the only thing that's going to give me any satisfaction is if KC is arrested on federal felony charges, or if she commits another felony crime. :sigh:

I understand what you are saying.

Assuming FCA stays in Florida or the USA, without knowing how long these money judgments run for or if they are renewable, it is hard to tell what amount, if any, she will really pay.

Nevertheless, this will hang over her head and her attorney's heads for the time being and they know that any money made from book sales, interviews, etc. are at their highest value now and will steadily decline.

So, with that in mind, and assuming a money judgment runs at least 5 years, Judge Perry has thrown up a huge road block to FCA and/or her attorney's living "high on the hog."

It's not perfect, but for the first time, at least someone is holding FCA accountable for her actions. I applaud Judge Perry for this.

I understand what you are saying.

Assuming FCA stays in Florida or the USA, without knowing how long these money judgments run for or if they are renewable, it is hard to tell what amount, if any, she will really pay.

Nevertheless, this will hang over her head and her attorney's heads for the time being and they know that any money made from book sales, interviews, etc. are at their highest value now and will steadily decline.

So, with that in mind, and assuming a money judgment runs at least 5 years, Judge Perry has thrown up a huge road block to FCA and/or her attorney's living "high on the hog."

It's not perfect, but for the first time, at least someone is holding FCA accountable for her actions. I applaud Judge Perry for this.

I applaud Judge Perry as well. I worry that the anger at KC is at its peak now, and although there will always be die-hards (like me and you and others on this board), the demand for her story among the public at large may outweigh their hate for her in a few years. I dunno.

I applaud Judge Perry as well. I worry that the anger at KC is at its peak now, and although there will always be die-hards (like me and you and others on this board), the demand for her story among the public at large may outweigh their hate for her in a few years. I dunno.

The only way this order will ever actually be paid off will be if KC does land some big deal involving a book/movie/interview/photos. Since her lawyers have worked basically pro bono, it will have little effect on them. The benefit they get from working on this case is from the hoopla surrounding this case. i.e. JA's book, JB's Aruban adventure, CM's appearance as a panelist on the Lessons in Ethics shindig, with the Cheetos and boozing reception afterwards. Future books, clients, interviews, key note speaker engagements, etc. All the lawyers involved in this from both sides will benefit from being part of the trial of the century, for many years to come, none of which will benefit KC.

I agree with you that the demand for her story will outweigh the hate for her, but I don't think it will take years. Aside from those who have seriously followed the case for the past 3 years, which is a tiny part of the general public, many people would like to hear her story. Hollywood doesn't care that she is a convicted felon, they only care whether or not they can make money off her notoriety, and I think, not only can they make money off her, they will.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

The only way this order will ever actually be paid off will be if KC does land some big deal involving a book/movie/interview/photos. Since her lawyers have worked basically pro bono, it will have little effect on them. The benefit they get from working on this case is from the hoopla surrounding this case. i.e. JA's book, JB's Aruban adventure, CM's appearance as a panelist on the Lessons in Ethics shindig, with the Cheetos and boozing reception afterwards. Future books, clients, interviews, key note speaker engagements, etc. All the lawyers involved in this from both sides will benefit from being part of the trial of the century, for many years to come, none of which will benefit KC.

I agree with you that the demand for her story will outweigh the hate for her, but I don't think it will take years. Aside from those who have seriously followed the case for the past 3 years, which is a tiny part of the general public, many people would like to hear her story. Hollywood doesn't care that she is a convicted felon, they only care whether or not they can make money off her notoriety, and I think, not only can they make money off her, they will.

In my opinion although the attorney's worked pro-bono, that doesn't mean that she hasn't signed away rights to future earnings, therefore creating a possible windfall for themselves.

In fact, I am reasonably certain FCA has signed away money to Baez because of the leaks, marketing attempts on "her" behalf.

I agree with you that the attorney's may earn money in their own name but in my opinion, the money they could receive from a movie or book deal would exceed it.

JMO

In my opinion although the attorney's worked pro-bono, that doesn't mean that she hasn't signed away rights to future earnings, therefore creating a possible windfall for themselves.

In fact, I am reasonably certain FCA has signed away money to Baez because of the leaks, marketing attempts on "her" behalf.

I agree with you that the attorney's may earn money in their own name but in my opinion, the money they could receive from a movie or book deal would exceed it.

JMO

Agree, although the quotes on the amount that FCA would earn from an interview have dropped more than significantly in the last couple of months - there is no one out there saying they would pay her anything close to 200K.

Honestly I think it's too late - don't you?

And if KC somehow does not get the big book/photo/movie deal, it will simply go unpaid.

I read the People magazine article -- it sounds like more B.S. from the un-named sources -- although I notice that the un-named sources are identified as either male or female. Reading between the lines I am guessing that the un-named sources are Casey's lawyers, including Jose Baez, Cheney Mason and Lisabeth Fryer. My only question is did People magazine pay any money to Casey funneled through them?

On another issue, what country would accept Casey Anthony as a visitor, let alone as in immigrant since she has a criminal record with both felony and misdemeanor convictions? I think it's more pie-in-the-sky musings from Casey and her lawyers that she can move anywhere where someone won't know who she is.

I haven't read the article,but from what I'm reading on this thread ,sounds like a Leonard Padilla story.:crazy:

And if KC somehow does not get the big book/photo/movie deal, it will simply go unpaid.

I agree with you there, you simply can't get $217,000 from someone who doesn't have a penny.

It is a possiblity that she has signed away her rights to future books etc. to her lawyers, or more likely a percentage of those earnings, so I agree that they could profit from brokering a deal for her. A potential windfall for them, in the immediate future, however, CM mentioned that the cost of the pro bono work (had they been able to collect for it) would have been in excess of 2 1/2 million dollars. If this amount is anywhere close to being true, even a million dollar deal for KC would not equal a windfall for her lawyers, it would only give them a little relief from the costs that have accumulated over the last 3 years.

I do think that as time goes on, KC's story will lose value. Judging from the ratings of Dr. P's program with the A's, her story has not lost any value yet. We will hear another blip in a few days when she reports to her PO. We will also hear blips anytime motions, hearings or new civil lawsuits with her name attached are filed. In addition, each time a pending case uses her case as to why they need a COV or sequestered jury, or whatever, we will hear blips, and the same will hold true when any of the Caylee type laws make the news.
I think after her probation is finished, and her civil suits are settled, then her stock will plummet. If she hasn't worked a deal within the next year then neither her nor her lawyers will see any kind of a big windfall. Each book released, JA's book, the People guy's book, etc., will keep interest in her story for awhile. The old saying, strike while the iron is hot, will translate into $. Once the story becomes old news, and the iron cools, the $ will not be there. The verdict in this case caused a pretty big fire, and the iron was not just hot, it was white hot, and it will take quite awhile for that to cool, especially when any story with her name attached keeps adding fuel to that fire.

I really don't care if she ever pays her lawyers a penny, or if she ever has a penny to her name after this is all over, but I would like to see her be able to pay the IRS, the state of Florida, and TES. So, I hope she lands a deal of some sort that will get those 3 paid off, after that, who cares LOL.

I'm sure someone has already said this but maybe if JB gets Gary off, he can hook up with FCA and they can both take out insurance on each other , move to Aruba...game on!

Well, it seems that both of them had shopping interests in common:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/aruba-suspect-gary-giordano-criminal-past-gardner

Giordano had brazenly entered Target stores, load up his shopping cart, and then just walk out the door with the goods like he had just purchased them, Det. Hill said.

Even after he stowed his stolen stash in his car, Giordano often went right back in and did it again!

Giordano was eventually nabbed when surveillance cameras caught him in the act.

Authorities say he sold the stolen goods on the internet.

“He would talk to us but he seemed like he was a step ahead of us,” Det. Hill said.

“He didn’t want to give us any information.”

Giordano was convicted, but received a suspended sentence.

Agree, although the quotes on the amount that FCA would earn from an interview have dropped more than significantly in the last couple of months - there is no one out there saying they would pay her anything close to 200K.

Honestly I think it's too late - don't you?

No, I really don't really think it is too late but the timing is not to their advantage at all for an interview or book deal while she has probation and mutiple lawsuits to contend with.

The question for me is if they (Baez and herself) will get desperate enough to risk it. Any publisher would demand more than smoke and mirrors and any truth would implicate her in her lawsuits.

It appeared from the onset that Baez wanted very much to market her until she lost her probation case. That threw a big monkey wrench in their plans. Up until that point I think they felt they had a cash cow. The probation order was a disaster for them all. (Thank you Judge Stictland and Perry)!!!!

Now, the civil money judgment has compounded this and therefore their media focus is on her being broke. My gut tells me they will ride this year out, move her to a foreign country and go for broke.

How much? Who knows, but OJ was aquitted in 1995. His book, was in 2006. Yes, it was a flop and cancelled but I am sure he made money off it so it is possible she could have future earning potential. Hopefully not much though since since she was not a famous football hero.

JMO and further on a sidenote, I feel these Judge's were fully aware of what the cash cow plan was and they nipped it in the bud to the fullest extent possible.

I love them for it!

The article I read on MSN said if she ever buys a home they can attach a lien on it. This debt will follow her the rest of her life. Although her lawyers will probably help her dodge her debts, it still gives me a little satisfaction she has to pay someone. I'm sure JB or CM are lining their pockets with her problems. I wonder if she now wishes JB would have kept his mouth shut at the trial, he's the one who announced in court that she knew from day 1 Caylee was dead. He's the one that announced at the hearing that he knew she was on probation in jail. Seems his OS backfired on her but gave him alot of business post trial. If I were her me thinks I would be looking for a new lawyer. I would suspect he has his own agenda for financing his lifestyle. I'm sure she hasn't even suspected that of him, they all are her only friends right now. I wonder if she now wishes she had been found guilty, her life would be much simpler. Don't put it past her to reoffend, stir up more media coverage, maybe she would feel safer in protective custody. As far as People article goes, I haven't read all but I don't believe anything coming from JB camp, not even worth reading the whole thing..as LG said..carp!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back