State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiedid2

katiedid2 New Member

If that was me in her shoes I'd be a nervous wreck and would have no appetite for Starbucks- in and out- burger(2), McDonald's she bought fries and water.
    She DIDNT seem to have a problem functioning without a care. I know we think differently and she was. Defective but geez.

2. getReal

getReal postcrastinator

You pull a Casey Anthony ... declare bankruptcy, debts are cleared, and you start over clear and fresh. All new income is yours. Who cares if you cannot redeem your credit rating for seven years? You cash in on a huge signing fee for the rights to your story and you don't need credit cards for the rest of your life. Then you do the inevitable nude photo/video offers which will pour in. NOTE: This applies only to attractive/semi-attractive female killers (e.g., Amy Fisher, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc.). Only hitch is that you need to be "on the outside".

3. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Something fish about him and his testimony IMO he sounds very scared. JA likely has enough pics, tapes, etc on him to put him in prison - wouldn't be surprising!!!

4. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

I don't know if the first stab was to the heart as there were three (3) stab wounds to the upper chest and one (1) to the abdomen. She was definitely aiming though. The deep, plunging one to the right chest at nipple line IMO was the first as the other 2 were at an angle. Or vice versa. The angled ones would have involved a more rapid "stabbing action". Hard to know.

5. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Closing arguments order

1. State
    2. Defense
    3. State

6. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Someone asked how much did the Casey Anthony's case cost.

ORLANDO, Fla | Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:03pm EDT

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) - The Casey Anthony murder investigation and trial cost taxpayers almost $700,000, based on new tallies on Friday from the major agencies involved in the case.

Prosecutors are seeking reimbursement from Anthony, 25, who was acquitted July 5 of murdering her two-year-old daughter Caylee. Casey Anthony was convicted of four charges of lying to detectives in 2008 and leading them astray from the first day of the investigation into the fate of the missing toddler.

more at link

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/29/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE76S72320110729

7. Charlottetown

Charlottetown New Member

The critical difference between the CA and the JA trial is the overwhelming forensic evidence in the JA trial. What are the odds that there would ever be a murder trial where you actually have photographic evidence of the killing in progress?? There is actually such an abundance of evidence, that part of the reason for the excessive focus on sex and lengthy defense witness testimony is to intentionally distract and distance the jury from the physical evidence of the case.

8. Memphis Belle

Memphis Belle New Member

That guy is ridiculous. Can HLN get any lower?

9. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

Yes but poster said "the guilty party". Someone who's found guilty would be in jail. Where Jodi will hopefully be soon.

10. Southern_Meadow

Southern_Meadow New Member

Sheesh. I had a hair appt this afternoon so I missed him, thank goodness.

11. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing! Their case has been so long! I just hope JM's 10 days are still on the juror's minds.

12. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

OT...Remains identified as Haliey Dunn.

13. JustJudy

JustJudy New Member

Respectfully snipped.
    Re the Florida trial, I had been on pins and needles waiting for the verdict, while, ironically, also serving as a juror on the 4th day of a local criminal trial.

Our bailiff (aka babysitter) told us the Florida verdict on our lunch break.....I was grateful to be with others when I heard the dumbfounding news. Because of Florida's Sunshine Laws I'd read every doc surrounding that case and followed it closely since Cindy's 911 call.

Turns out a good half of us had been closely following it.....we helped soften the shock for ea other. I'm a pretty new member, but from what I've seen of the fine folks here, if this trial doesn't exactly turn out as we want it to, we'll all be here helping each other get off the JA emotional roller coaster.
    . :rollercoaster:

14. tomato

tomato New Member

How come State go twice? I thought each party has only one chance.

15. getReal

getReal postcrastinator

CAUTION: If you are a current juror in an ongoing trial, you should NOT be discussing it with ANYBODY --- including HERE!

16. katiedid2

katiedid2 New Member

Mikee daniels makes fun of her lizard tongue! Which is possibly her sticking her tongue out. Your right though.

17. Arishia

Arishia New Member

Graphic description:

I would say no, for this reason. The superior vena cava is cut, so less blood is flowing into the right heart, therefore less blood is flowing through his left heart per beat. Add to that that there is less blood available over time for his heart to eject. The heart speeds up trying to meet his physical needs, but the stroke volume is decreasing, so the carotid spurting is decreasing in volume over time. That tv program showing a carotid spurt is exaggerated. Don't go by that. And in this case, expect a smaller than normal arterial spurt due to previous blood loss and a cut superior vena cava that supplies blood to the heart. There will also be less blood returning to the heart from the right lung due to its collapse as well. imho

18. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Same order as trial.

1. State CIC
    2. Defense CIC
    3. State rebuttal

19. otto

otto Verified Expert

<respectfully snipped for length>
    BBM

The medical examiner said that it was impossible to determine whether the knife wound was left to right, or right to left.

20. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

I tend to think this had to be the type of knife she used. Its a miracle that she could butcher him the way she did and not sustain some SERIOUS wounds on her fingers.
    I know she had some bandages, but I mean a wound that would REQUIRE medical assistance.

Maybe she got lucky.
    I am thinking if not a hunting knife maybe a chefs knife.

IMO she didn't steal it from WalMart anyway... Some people do get away with it, but it is very hard to get away with it at WalMart. Their loss prevention team is excellent. There are several plain clothes people working out in the store and security cameras everywhere.
    One of my sons friends got caught not stealing a .98 fly fishing lure.
    I had to drive to the store and get my son. They pressed charges on his friend.
    They did tell me they saw the boy trying to encourage my son to steal... Several times and thankfully he refused. My son was leaving for Canada the next day on a fishing trip...
    IMO that friend was trying to get my son in trouble so he could not go. ~he was another Jodi... Jealous of my son.
    When you meet people like JA run away do not walk!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.