State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Inactive

I'm disgusted that she would be an expert witness for Big Tobacco - indicates to me lack of ethics. Sorry guys.

2. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

Chris said that he and Sky didn't want Jodi around their children.

Guess those self-help brochures just didn't 'take'.

3. zaza

zaza New Member

I'm watching NG, listening to JA responding to the jury questions - Boy, does she like to talk! She's one of the chattiest defendants I've ever seen. I'm guessing that she's making a lot of her answers up as se goes along. She gives way too much information at times and with great detail. And she forgets her lies. Example: one reply - 'the last words I remember from TA was after I dropped the camera, he said, a two year old could do a better job....(paraphrase)'. Then a later reply, 'the last thing TA said was I'm going to ******ing kill you, bi*ch, after the gun went off (again, paraphrase)'. And prior she said she didn't remember anything after the gun went off. Her story keeps changing.
    I hope the jury is keeping track of these discrepancies , there are plenty more. I wish JM had gotten after her for these contradictions.

4. MidwestMama

MidwestMama Active Member

I will refrain from saying what I REALLY want to say lest I get my first TO, but I would like to say that it is not just you :floorlaugh:

5. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

That is exactly how I feel FrayedKnot, and I have been hesitant to post about it today. So I thank you for putting it into words for me! The breaking point for me was Skye's willingness to believe Nurmi, that was it, I don't want a friend that would even consider the possibility that I could do something like that. I have seen comments that Nurmi was an authority figure or an officer of the court, that doesn't explain it for me, nope, it doesn't. That officer of the court is DEFENDING the woman that brutally killed my good friend. Nope, never gonna believe a word that guy says, wouldn't even talk to him unless I was ordered too. But I guess that's just me. As for the other emails.... CH said that he went on to say in those emails that saying abuse was being harsh. I can't believe that not once did Juan bring that up? I find that hard to believe too. JMO

All just my opinion, and I apologize if it offends anyone. But this is a forum, to discuss things, and unfortunately for the Hughes', their words were used in this trial an awful lot.

6. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

When JM was going over JA's "route" I told my husband that if I were on the jury I would want them to give me a map so I could follow along or project a map on the overhead projector (whatever it is called).

7. noonie

noonie New Member

Chris wants the chace to finally tell Travis' story and I thik he should. Why should we believe the Jodi's stories that were put into evidense? I'm sure most of the story is her fantasy. I want to hear Chris and Sky. Good for them for coming forth to help their brutally murdered best friend. I know I would and it wouldn't be for the $$$., It would be for the right's of my best friend, who was slaughtered to death by someone none of them knew very well nor wanted too. She had a really bad vibe and she sure does know how to fabricate stories that are not true. Bless the Hughes family.

8. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

Yes.

And, as per ALV :giggle: Sky said she would not let Travis date her sister.

9. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

It was a time delayed bullet wound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PrincessSezMe

PrincessSezMe Rest in Peace

I'm so jealous. It's STILL snowing here :facepalm:

11. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above is factual, are "ethics" the basis for it?

Or is it (in part?) because someone placing a huuuugggggge bet could also 'influence' the verdict, to assure or enhance their odds of winning?
    e.g. bribing a witness; threaten jurors; blackmail a judge; pay off attorney on one side or the other? :facepalm::twocents::blushing::moo::banghead:

Just a thought.

12. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Can you imagine him questioning a child victim of sexual assault?

I feel like puking just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ElleElle

BBM~ Or of her Jodi exposing Travis.

14. Emmi

Emmi New Member

I know just what you mean. Her poise has a studied quality, which of course comes off as remote.

15. sammijo

sammijo New Member

Then possibly the pre-trial hearings need to have new "guidelines"? I don't know what the correct terminology would be.

And you're absolutely right, it is solely a desire on my part to see people like Jodi Arias denied the chance to slander everyone she "feels" like, just to save her own life, after she so cruelly and viciously took someone else's.

I have no idea what the proper solution is. I do think it needs to be considered and looked into by people who understand the law, to see if there is anything that can be done. Maybe there isn't... :/

16. Schuby

Schuby Under the thumb of The Man

Yeah, could be but I doubt it. Vegas is all corporate now. They're out of the business of trial tampering.

17. bettybaby00

bettybaby00 Active Member

BBM

This is why the "specialty" of Nurmi's law practice is......idk ironic is obviously not the right word, but damn!!!!

The fact that he plans on basing his private practice on the very accusations that his client is now claiming is just.....it really leaves me speechless... :furious:

18. ElleElle

The battle will begin in 15 hours. :D

19. ElleElle

:floorlaugh:

20. indicat

indicat Justice for Travis and his family

And they were told they had been verified by the handwritting experts. I bet nobody is as sorry as they are about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.