State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelgal

travelgal New Member

Hi Everyone. I have just been lurking the past few days as we await the big finale to this trial. I just got back from a dr's appt, and grocery shopping. It is 85 degrees here in NE KS and I was buying like a storm is coming. The checker asked if I have a big event coming and I said "yes"! I'm already to get back to trial! I now know I am a very addictive person -OJ Trial, CA Trial, JA Trial & M&M's!!

2. Schuby

Schuby Under the thumb of The Man

Unfortunately, the truth is that this issue has gravitas only within the context of an extremely publicized trial. In 99.99% of trials any allegations raised by the defendant aren't presented for mass public consumption. Shall we change all of trial law in consideration of the .01%?

3. AZWatcher

AZWatcher New Member

[​IMG]

Which signals the time after which I can no longer safely answer questions like this ... Thank you for playing.:silenced:

4. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

No worries there. JSKS is irritatingly 'small'.

Small enough to march to the DT's tune while standing up to no one.

I can't remember when I've ever heard so much twisted hearsay foisted as fact in a court of law.

5. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Sorry still have to strongly disagree!

I'm erring on the side of caution when it comes to my kid. An accused pedophile isn't getting anywhere near mine. Period.

I realize Travis was dead at the time...

But I would bet my last dollar Sky thought back to all the times Travis stayed overnight, was he ever alone with the kids, omg omg omg!!!

That's how my mind would race.

And I would be beyond furious upon learning Nurmi lied about such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

I might be reading the Twitter wrong, but is CH saying he has read ALL of TA's emails and chats? If so, how did he get them? They have not been released to the public yet as far as I know. I do remember that Sky had some of TA's journals and wondered how she got them. But a PP said that CH was the executor of TA's will so maybe that is how SK got them.

I feel rather nosey wondering about all this but then again, it was TA's friends who went on TV to talk about what they know and now I am curious.

7. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm jealous! Where are you? I love snow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Schuby

Schuby Under the thumb of The Man

"The battle begins.." Reminded me of this (which I find hilarious):

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCcskKfG0OM"]Cat vs. Chihuahua - YouTube[/ame]

9. kscornfed

kscornfed Active Member

Yeah. But an airhead carries one can of gas----not 3. The 2 cans of gas were suspicious, but apparently Darryl had told the police about the gas cans so she couldn't lie about those. The 3rd was absolutely crazy and she knew it, so she just lied about it, like everything else.

10. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

Or that their surrebuttal witness cannot rebut Dr. Horn's testimony. I think JM additional witness move was perfect. I think the judge has had enough. This will be never ending if this Dr. Gefner is allowed to rebut the ME and so on and so on. JMO

11. Numbers

Numbers New Member

It's just you. The rest of us think he's waaaaaaaay over the line.

12. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

But again, they were told that by the guy DEFENDING the woman that brutally killed him. At what point do they question his word before responding with 'I knew Travis had issues but...' and 'what ages did he like'? (not sure if those were the exact words but they were similar)

13. dhunter

dhunter New Member

Woah,
    I think the Hughes, while I don't know them, do deserve some consideration. They aren't just witnesses thinking of self preservation. I never ever had that impression of these people. They are grieving over the unnecessary death of a close friend and, with all due respect, my heart goes out to them and will for their loss.

Again, I hope I am not coming across as snarky but this is my two cents worth.:twocents: To those who make mean comments about them I ask: What if it were your best friend who was violently brutally murdered by his ex? :waitasec:
    How would you deal with your loss? :hero:

It is so disturbing, the way we try to excuse the perpetrator and vilify the victim. This case seems to painfully demonstrate our loss of reason and focus on what's really important. A young beloved man was murdered; not by a stranger but by someone he trusted, took places, cared about, helped unconditionally. When we ask why? Try to understand how? I think the words of those involved, like the Arias family and the Hughes, help us to learn and maybe do things hopefully better, more informed, when faced with similar scenarios.

14. kaydono

kaydono Active Member

Kick the HLN hosts off of their own show? Works for me. Where do I sign up? : :abduction:

15. Jill-in-NV

Jill-in-NV New Member

Very well stated! It does work both ways, and all opinions are valid even if one disagrees! I completely agree with you, thank you!

16. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

Does anyone know what the pic was that they just showed being passed from Juan to nurmi during court? (on Dr D) tia

17. sammijo

sammijo New Member

But what about Casey Anthony? She did the same thing?

And I can't think of names right now, but there are other cases where the very clearly guilty defendant has used an "offensive defense".

I'm not trying to argue with you just to argue. I would really like to understand. You clearly have a legal framework that I do not. But I used to have respect for the law and courtrooms and judges....and after the trials I've watched I just have a fear of more injustice being done.

Maybe I've just seen too small a picture of the whole system and therefore my "sample size" is too small. Lol!

That's why I appreciate the legal minds on here. They help me understand these things.

18. G&AMom

G&AMom Verified Mikette

Ah, yes, thank you. There are so many emails and so many stories my brain tends to scramble (where have I heard that? :waitasec:)

My take on the Hugheses is that they are somewhat naïve. Jodi tells Sky a bunch of stories about Travis and Sky believes them -- until somebody says otherwise. Nurmi spins some tale about the letters and Sky and Chris believe them -- until somebody says otherwise. To a certain extent, it shows how Jodi could have a field day with Travis and his social circle.

19. Mare10

Mare10 Member

Wow the truth lady Judy on Dr. Drew, feels that JSS favors JA over the Prosecution. Now I need to find out what past JM and JSS have. I really don't want to say it, but I have felt this all along. UGH. TV TV TV, it's just TV. Is that the law of attraction?

20. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

I do see your point, Linda. Nurmi was slimy for presenting false evidence to the Hugheses.

I still cannot see myself suddenly believing such toxic lies about my dear friend for whose safety I had serious concerns, especially if I were so alarmed by his girlfriend that I had ordered her out of my home forever.

I would assume that this was just another of JA's nasty lies, and would scream to the mountain tops that my friend was NOT a pedophile!!!! I am not even TA's friend and I know with every fiber of my being that he was NOT a pedophile.

The Hugheses are not on trial here, nor should they be, but I do think their credibility is relevant.

That said, I think you are one of the smartest and most thoughtful posters on WS. Oh. And funny as H-E-7-7!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.