State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank HO

Its not life threatening but hate the thought of her going under general anaesthetic

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

No matter how 'small' the issue is, it's always scary. But I'm sure she's in great hands and will have many prayers sent her way.

I was being facetious and injecting some humor on this somber day. I think that Jodi will be medicated as she has been throughout the trial so that she doesn't have any overt reaction when the verdict is read. Not to mention, also, that the Judge will likely admonish everyone in the courtroom to refrain from any outbursts when the verdict is rendered. :moo:

Yeah I got that you were just joking. I guess I should've added a lol to my comment. :floorlaugh:

I think its stress and anger. Her circus is ending and closing arguments will reveal what we have seen all along: A man who was murdered while he was taking a shower. There are no more cards to play, no magical witness to save the day.

How easy would it have been for JA to say "Travis, you're a little funky, would you mind taking a shower?" Even if he hated her, had just slept with her to sleep with her, I think Travis was the type that would have obliged that with a trip to the shower. Imo, that was part of her plan, to say that he needed a shower, and then to get him to turn his back on her so she could set up and go for the kill.

:floorlaugh:
I totally agree with you Rocco. But it can be an excuse for a juror if they don't want to give the death penalty.

If that juror concludes premeditation can you please give me an example of a thought process that would support such a conclusion when the totality of Travis' injuries are considered. If a juror concludes premeditation they would have to have rendered the dura mater irrelevant.

*barf* Barbara Walters just called this case "a juicy murder trial with a good looking defendant" on The View.

Ugh.

I agree, it's one of the reasons you were hired - to be accurate.

I have to argue a bit about this. My hubbie works for Homeland Security and it appears to me daily that no one can spell or type correctly in his office or others he deals with. I get the impression from him that people are hired for jobs more because of their clearance levels,seniority, military rank, disability than whether they can actually perform the job.

Sneaking in from work...:D

I was confused...I forgot with closing arguments it's State, Defense, then State again. Right???

How long will the defense drone on?? Hope at least it's Wilmott and not Nurmi!!

One more hour till lunch. Hope to catch a little Juan!!!

Lawd have mercy on the jury! You know how Jenny writes down every single detail and then has to cover the same every single detail in her cross-exams? I dread she may cover every single detail which she wrote down during the trial.

I hope the judge gave them time limits. Or even have Nurmi give the closing.

I might be wrong, because...
tumblr_mea9l2rlZb1qhkp1k.gif

.. since we started, but didn't Dr.Samuel say Jodi started telling "the truth" after he and Nurmi had a chat with her? They might've not TOLD her what to say, but I wouldn't doubt they gave some helpful hints here and there.

Lordy...is that Mrs. Chancellor from Young and The Restless???

Of course you aren't Hopeful. Judge said starting at 9:30 but instructed jury to be there at 9:15:seeya:

I was thinking 9:00 (and waiting for some smart aleck on here to comment on my stupidity - Sleuth?? Steely?? Dewey?? :D).

:tyou:

A quick statement and an important question to follow.
Regardless of if the projectile went through the frontal lobe or not, and whether or not it punctured any part of the brain, anyone who has walked down a basement stairway and whacked their forhead on the landing, knows you are dazed, your eyesight gets blurry etc.
I can think of a hundred instances over my almost 60 years on the green side of the sod that I have walloped my head while working under a car, wood flying off my lathe, snowball fights as a kid, etc. You just don't carry on as usual as if nothing happened. I can't imagine any juror even considering Travis took a .25 through his skull and it didn't phase him long enough for JA to make a run for it. It's just common sense.

now for my question. Who's bringing the sourdough donuts today? :D

The mafia weapon of choice for executions was a .22. The bullet enters the brain and causes dramatic damage as it deforms and tumbles immediately due to low velocity, typically never exiting the head. I simply do not understand the hub bub about a .25, not much difference in characteristics overall, especially a hollow point. Hollow points were designed to tear and damage tissue encountered regardless of calibre.

That's why proof reading is necessary, and, btw, the report did have spelling mistakes as well. I think the "typographical" error related to the durma matar was an omission of the word " not", as in, it was not intact. This really shows poor professionalism.

Was this a proofreading test? ;) I spy it!

For anyone who was relying on the CNN feed for trial coverage: I sent an email last week inquiring about why the Jodi Arias trial was not being covered any longer. I received the standard immediate reply indicating that I would be contacted within 48 hours by staff. No one has ever contacted me, and CNN has not provided a live stream link to the trial this week. I guess no response was as good as a "No" answer.

She used him and his credit to purchase that house and she knew she couldn't keep up with her half of the mortgage. She met Travis, then dumps DB 4 days later and they begin to sleep in seperate rooms. She left him holding the debt (how will she pay it back now?)

Also, for a man she supposedly loved for 4 years - she sure didn't mind calling him an alcoholic on the stand. She used him for the gas cans as well. Now DB was dragged into her mess and even his son's name is now public.

She totally used this guy. Wasn't he almost old enough to be her father?! To his credit, he had the smarts to tell her up front there would be no marriage, so it appears she didn't fixate on him. I believe they had seperate bedrooms from the start. He was a convenience.

I've always found her stopping by his place to pick up gas cans significant relating to premeditation. Did she really think this wouldn't come out?! LOL

While I agree the typo is a stupid mistake, at the end of the day I don't think it will be a big deal. The jury will remember JA lied to the police, lied in court and most importantly lied to them. This is a smart jury who has been paying attention to the things that matter in this case. JA is going down. M1 - DP (JMHO)

exactly. he didn't type the report. he dictated it. doctors do not type their reports. in some facilities, transcription is being done via computer these days instead of a human being listening through a headset.

anyone having a problem with the typo----look at the photo of TA's face with the bullet hole in it. what's directly behind that hole? the BRAIN. no way that bullet didn't penetrate the brain and that's all we need to know.

another interesting thing to me which wasn't even brought out is the lack of bruising and swelling of his face. if he'd been shot first, he would have black eyes and massive swelling and bruising, IMO. he did not. again, indicating to me he was dead when he was shot. she HAD to use that gun to bolster her '2 intruder' story she told flores in her phone interview right after TA's body was found, and take suspicion away from herself.

Yes, fired. Accurate transcription and typing skills are imperative to the job. These "mistakes" could lose the case, cost the ME his job, I mean, you don't know the serious repercussions that can and will now follow because of it. Accuracy is part of the job.

That's reeeeaching a bit high this mornin'! Samuels, Lav, and JW - you would fire them too with those standards. Their lies ( errr.... Errors) could have helped a cold blooded murderer walk. Gee, as long as your not one-sided, it was a big error, but not a game changer. And.... Not INTENTIONAL like the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea