State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they talk about the phone call logs again soon. I have more questions after looking at that odd call ping circle from NC cell on Fri.

Defendants have the right to a speedy trial...there is nothing preventing the defense from dragging it out for years

It sounds like they could do that in hopes of getting a mistrial. If enough jurors can't go into May, that could be an issue. This won't wrap by May 1st.

Depending on what the defense brings up, the prosecution can ask to call rebuttal witnesses.

Mr Cummings pauses during questioning have probably added a week to this thing.

It sounds like they could do that in hopes of getting a mistrial. If enough jurors can't go into May, that could be an issue. This won't wrap by May 1st.

Regardless of the commitments, it is not the juror's decision but rather the judge's, though I'm sure he will try to accomodate them.

Regardless of the commitments, it is not the juror's decision but rather the judge's, though I'm sure he will try to accomodate them.

I would have a hard time with that. They were asked about committing for 6-8 weeks. If they had known it could go past that timeframe, it might have changed their availability to be on the jury. Let's say they had a vacation planned and paid for already for May. He'd have to put me in jail before I would miss it.

NCSU - would you like chocolates or cigarettes sent to the jail in May?

I finally figured out why Cummings looks familiar. He reminds me of Steven Tobolowsky. If you are a fan of Seinfeld, he was Tor Eckman, the spiritual healer who turned George purple:
23284_117802024926623_8317_n.jpg

I would have a hard time with that. They were asked about committing for 6-8 weeks. If they had known it could go past that timeframe, it might have changed their availability to be on the jury. Let's say they had a vacation planned and paid for already for May. He'd have to put me in jail before I would miss it.

Kids spring break too!

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Lead detective George Daniels is back on the stand today. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Watching livestream, tweeting from WRAL newsroom RT @jeannefromnc #coopertrial @wral is your person tweeting again? has the ban been lifted?

Could they use it in appeals?
If they come back in less than an hour with a decision..... it won't look like they gave it due consideration, IMO. This question about how long will be on the record, and both sides could use it to call for a mistrial.

Does anyone believe that a woman who had been 'out' had a couple of drinks, went to bed at 12:30ish... got up at 4:30AM (remained awake) and ran at 7 AM?

If they come back in less than an hour with a decision..... it won't look like they gave it due consideration, IMO. This question about how long will be on the record, and both sides could use it to call for a mistrial.

I could give my decision right now, why would that be a mistrial...look at oj deliberations for a year long trial...was it 20 mins?

I'm not sure what Cummings intended to show with this line of questioning, but not linking the answers to the questions was STUPID.

I finally figured out why Cummings looks familiar. He reminds me of Steven Tobolowsky. If you are a fan of Seinfeld, he was Tor Eckman, the spiritual healer who turned George purple:
23284_117802024926623_8317_n.jpg

Ned Ryerson... Groundhog Day.

Mistrial because of the length of time it took a jury to reach a verdict?? Has that ever happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.