State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
His judgement, if it is him and that is to be determined, is in question big time!

Extrememly unprofessional IMO, most especially while the trial is still in progress. Possibly even against trial rules as to 'not discussing the case publically until it's completed.' Anyone know if a gag order is in place for the trial participants? I'm not hearing anyone else talk about the case in progress?

It is possible, but really I imagine the attorneys are so busy preparing for the next day's stuff and trying to keep the strategic plan going while dealing with tactical stuff that I doubt they'd have time.

JW likes internet stuff, and it was his first go, so maybe that's why he, if it was he, posted.

Maybe a paralegal could be looking at stuff but I can't see Kurtz having the time to spare to care about synopsis of postings. I would think he would use any spare time to get a read from courtroom observers on the jurors' reactions.

Keep in mind, the www was pretty new when I stopped doing this.

Nevertheless, we would have somebody in the courtroom if we could to watch everything, including the jury. If the jury does not trust you, and does not see you as the best guide to the truth, you are making things harder for your client's case.

So, bottom line, I think it would be hard for them to have the time. As these guys work and prepare, the office has to juggle the rest of the practice, and talk to witnesses to keep them ready to testify, and get exhibits ready, and do legal research on objections and support for evidence submission. Trials are a ton of work. Also, the defense, off the top of my head, would be ethically bound not to try to influence the trial through postings, etc.

Thanks for the response. As the internet has become such an integral part of day-to-day life and business I can see how legal teams could utilize public opinion and the opportunity to strategize their case with interns, assistants, etc. Of course, I certainly didn't think K or T themselves were camping out on WS in the evening hours.

Again, I'd like to tell you that I appreciate every single post you have contributed here. I hope you will also be following the Young trial and then the Abaroa one after that. I look forward to your knowledge and input!!! You're my hero!

I don't doubt it could be him and might just be. It stands to reason he'd be reading about how he did on the stand and how he was perceived. I didn't care for the way Boz went after him--I didn't think it was necessary, and it didn't underscore the bigger issue that no one (outside of Mr. Ward) hacked into Cooper's laptop and no one hacked into Cooper's wireless network.

Could happen, perhaps, although I still doubt they'd get to that CSCO laptop very easily. My co. uses the same security standards and a lot of the same software. It is not meant to be easy to get into, that's why they use it.

Malware doesn't place incriminating evidence on a computer that ties you to a murder. But LOL at the notion it does, and LOLOLOL at people who will cling to any belief that it could. There's some Nigerian princes who would love to get a list of those names and email addresses to help them claim their 'inheritances.'

Security is an illusion. Relatively secure is about the best you can do. A computer or network is only as secure as its weakest link. That means that any on any network are not truly secure. Your company, Cisco, my company.

Even RSA, a company at the very core of security with encryption, authentication, and SecurID was completely compromised a few weeks back. We don't know enough to assess the total impact of this, but it is a huge concern.

I have watched the trial the last two days from home because these sites are security risks. So is video. The worst being the Adobe products. At work, I read email and browse using "primitive" programs that do not support scripting, images, video, embedding, or much beyond simple text (e.g. pine and w3m). No wireless. That is a relatively secure environment. Relatively.

ETA: Brad's computer was insecure. Mine and yours, too. Do you use PDF or SWF files, use WiFi at public access points (or anywhere else), use WS Windows, ...? You get the idea.

BTW How much do you trust your suppliers? Could someone be spying on you using Norton or similar products? Could your hardware have been infected with malware when you bought it?

{Snipped}
There's some Nigerian princes who would love to get a list of those names and email addresses to help them claim their 'inheritances.'

BBM

Yes, I have heard of that, I am looking forward to receiving my money, but it is from an important businessman who was killed in an accident. I was contacted by an extremely helpful gentleman who is helping me get several million dollars. I am already planning a big party and will retire as soon as it arrives.

Don't worry, you will all be invited to the party. For those out of the area, I will fly you in just to attend!

The money should be getting here any day now..... yep, any day....:crazy:

Seriously, There is a group of folks who DO contact the Nigerian scammers and pretend to be sucked in by the scam. I read a very funny account of someone who turned the tables on them and, while it is a long story, made them think they would be paid by the page to write, in longhand, the Harry Potter book. It had to match content word for word, with exactly the same words on the page written out as they were on each page of the book.... then they had to be faxed to a given number.... The writing had to all be in the same penmanship. They fell for it, and produced the work. Then the receiver of the fax claimed that the work was unacceptable, and that the original "researcher" had a mental breakdown and was no longer working for the company. - hoisted on their own petards, as it were.

If either side watches these sorts of things, I could see it being an "idea farm" as much as anything else. Moreso than gauging reactions to fine tune presentations.

To some degree, once the trial starts, you have to "go with what you've got" though you have to flexible to adapt your plan. There is so much involved in changing your trial plan once it is underway that, at least in the old days, you would change only if really necessary. At the firm I worked at, we had about 100 lawyers in the building, and during a trial they'd all love to tell you how to do it better and you just had to keep your head down and stick with your plan.

However, that's just one perspective and I really don't know how trial attorneys use these tools now.

Imagine if you were making a movie on the fly and you changed it according to realtime audience reactions - could you really keep a good narrative going?

The best storyteller draws you to him, with confidence, and does not pander. He is guiding you, and he is not looking for your reaction to tell him where to go next.

But it is obvious the sides are checking online regarding the witnesses, witness the FB cross, and maybe they use forums to see how things are going over as well.

Boy, I'd hate to see the furor if JA, HP, or DD posted here during the trial. Whew, I can't even imagine how that would have went over.

Since you seem to think that members of the defense team are posting here under assumed names, why would you exclude the possibility that any of those people you mentioned could be doing the same? Just a thought...

Appreciate your thoughts. Utter lack of professionalism if the posting was the Mr. Ward. :crazy: Enough said by me in this regard.

I think you and a few others already stated (or agreed) that he was utterly unprofessional - among other things, before and during his testimony. So why would this bother you? if you already thought he was unprofessional then you are stating the obvious to yourself and those who agreed with you to begin with.

I think you and a few others already stated (or agreed) that he was utterly unprofessional - among other things, before and during his testimony. So why would this bother you? if you already thought he was unprofessional then you are stating the obvious to yourself and those who agreed with you to begin with.

Possibly, but Mr. Ward exited the witness stand I was done with him. My thoughts were my thoughts.

He opened the door while posting while the trial was in progress!

Possibly, but Mr. Ward exited the witness stand I was done with him. My thoughts were my thoughts.

He opened the door while posting while the trial was in progress!

At least he wasn't tweeting from the stand!

Since you seem to think that members of the defense team are posting here under assumed names, why would you exclude the possibility that any of those people you mentioned could be doing the same? Just a thought...

Well, they haven't outted themselves, for one. I think it has been suggested on this forum that some of the people posting here are from that circle by some folks who think Brad is not the murderer. I'd have to go back and dig up posts for examples - but if my memory serves me I think it's been alluded to and suggested several times. I don't know anybody, so it is just *speculating* on my part. My *beliefs* don't have to be your beliefs and your beliefs don't have to be mine.

Well, they haven't outted themselves, for one. I think it has been suggested on this forum that some of the people posting here are from that circle by some folks who think Brad is not the murderer. I'd have to go back and dig up posts for examples - but if my memory serves me I think it's been alluded to and suggested several times. I don't know anybody, so it is just *speculating* on my part. My *beliefs* don't have to be your beliefs and your beliefs don't have to be mine.

However, it is not speculating on my part that you have directly suggested (at the least) that specific posters could be part of the defense team.

I think the judge needs a crash course on 21st century communication tools. And then he should be required to put all rulings in txt format, as GritGuy hilariously demonstrated. With appropriate smilies at the end, natch.

In his shoes, I would have posted here too. Did you know that, through various people searches, you can plug in someone's name and anywhere their name is listed on the internet, a link will appear. He has a professional reputation to consider. I thought it was in very poor taste the way some of you dragged his name through the mud here the past few days, knowing nothing about him. I really think you should do the right thing and go back and delete your derogatory comments about him. This is another reason that only initials should be used while discussing witnesses or those related to the case, IMO.

Check my posts. I have never said anything bad about this guy. Not sure who "you" represents. I did say that I personally as an expert witness would not ever do what he did. I stand by that comment, otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about him. Please clarify whether you meant me in your post.

Read JW's post and honestly, I think it was him. The writing was right in line with how he spoke during testimony. JMO. Right for him to do it, I don't think so but it is what it is.

Whether it was JW posting or not, I'm glad the issue of the pictures was cleared up. If one could have in any way inferred that he had a folder of LOLCats images, his testimony might have been unfairly disregarded.

Check my posts. I have never said anything bad about this guy. Not sure who "you" represents. I did say that I personally as an expert witness would not ever do what he did. I stand by that comment, otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about him. Please clarify whether you meant me in your post.

Cody, I wasn't referring to you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members