State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did do a geat job at that, but why? Should we applaud the Pros in an instance like this, I don't think so. The Defense should be able to see what was produced by the FBI tool so they can cross and defend their client. This may be one murder case, but bottom line it sets precedent that could at some time affect someone you know, or an innocent person. We can't just because we want one person to be guilty that it is ok to give up a few rights this one time, when we do that then there is always another time and before we know it it is law.

He also did a great job of saying to the same Durham LEO, so he looked at this map 12 hours before she was murdered, which is not fact, and the Durham LE said yes. I really don't think that was appropriate and Defense should have objected, maybe they did, we can't hear.

Well, I think the judge doesn't understand what Kurtz wants and Zell either does or is skirting the issue. I don't know why they can't show the final print out. And btw, I was merely pointing out my opinion. I haven't applauded anybody. IMO, we will see this case in appeals court if BC is convicted. Whether right or wrong, I think that will be the case You can think of this as two teams playing ball with the judge officiating the game and call decisions. Both sides will make their points any way possible. I have seen the attorneys fight like dogs with each other and then after court, they will be chatting like best friends. SOmehow that image of the defense and prosecution doesn't seem to fit.

This is a bit off of the immediate subject, but re the dump site: All thru this, I have kept thinking, if he had only dragged her poor lifeless body about 30 more (?) feet into the woods, no telling how much longer he would have had to let the body really decompose (thereby confounding TOD even more) and to clean up after himself a bit more. Mainly computer trails, etc.

I guess he was in a hurry with the body? What made him dump her where she could easily be seen, albeit in a remote location? My only thoughts on this is it could have been closer to daylight when he went there -- ?? -- but I certainly would have gotten rid of a body asap. IDK, it intrigues me...:waitasec:
Has anyone else wondered about this as well?

This is definitely one of the things that bothered me. When I looked at the link of pictures of the dump site I wondered if anyone discovered if that light was working. If it was not, in the dark, possibly he did not have the headlights on therefore he was unable to assess exactly how far he was, where he was. I would assume that this logically says it was VERY dark. No light as he would have been able to go further in the woods etc. But, it could be as simple as he never realized the construction workers would be there on a Sat am and someone disturbed him.

Kelly

I have been following it very closely. I also, if they think she was murdered in the Foyer, they should have taken up the floor boards, they had wooden flloors, no way he would have been able to clean between the boards. And the theory that he used a tarp, it was not a tarp, it was a small ml drop cloth, those tear so easily, they are not made to carry weight or have a lot of twisting done on them that would have been required in this case.

She lived there, what evidence would they find between the boards that would be incriminating?

As for the drop-cloth, I bet he bought it to line his trunk and just never used it for what ever reason. Perhaps he just wrapped the body in a heavy bedspread and felt that was good enough, especially after he undressed her and wiped the possible urine away? Guess we will never know for sure unless Brad tells us one day.

MOO, erasing NC cell phone was inept, not revealing that it happened immediately afterward was corrupt.

That, and getting a search warrant for it 6 weeks later without mentioning that you've already erased it. That was corrupt as well.

dramamama - hi and good post; snipped and the bold is mine. Made me think.

And yes, I do think he had a good couple of weeks to "case the joint" while NC was on vac. Perhaps he did drive to the location - but when NC was away ... and it was on whatever shoes he was wearing *that time* that matching mica samples were discovered. BC threw away everything he had on the might of the crime.

But! BC didn't stop to think for a moment that he best discard whatever shoes he wore when previewing the area; be it days/weeks or even months before!

Note: JMHO!

Annie, he was not nearly as thorough and bright as he thought he was. He should have read more info on what not to do.

That, and getting a search warrant for it 6 weeks later without mentioning that you've already erased it. That was corrupt as well.
How is that corrupt:waitasec:
Nothing was held from Kurtz before trial...nothing.

I agree with this. The Innocence Project was created for a reason. I think it's very naive to think that prosecution/LE always 'gets their man/woman'. I'm reminded of the Atlanta bombing investigation and how the FBI ruined that man's life before finally figuring out he had nothing to do with it.

That was horrible, and everyone was sure he was guilty, and since the FBI was involved, they had to be credible. We can't let it get to the point that if the FBI says it we have to just believe it and because they said it, or found it, or examined it, that no one can see it to see if they see differently. No organization in the USA should be able to have that level of secrecy against a person in the US. We still have a Consitution and I perfer to not see it eroded.

She lived there, what evidence would they find between the boards that would be incriminating?

As for the drop-cloth, I bet he bought it to line his trunk and just never used it for what ever reason. Perhaps he just wrapped the body in a heavy bedspread and felt that was good enough, especially after he undressed her and wiped the possible urine away? Guess we will never know for sure unless Brad tells us one day.

That car doesn't have a big trunk, does it?.

I have been following it very closely. I also, if they think she was murdered in the Foyer, they should have taken up the floor boards, they had wooden flloors, no way he would have been able to clean between the boards. And the theory that he used a tarp, it was not a tarp, it was a small ml drop cloth, those tear so easily, they are not made to carry weight or have a lot of twisting done on them that would have been required in this case.

And you realize the drop cloth was still in the bag unused, don't you?

That car doesn't have a big trunk, does it?.

Don't think it is that large, but I seem to recall a 325 trunk being fairly deep.
I saw one of those IDiscovery shows recently where a killer transported his female victim in a suitcase.

Bodily fluids which they would be able to age because they do degarde over time.

We have been asked to move this to a new thread, so I will stop replying now on this one regarding theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46