State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for those of you wondering if WS was being read....I think we have now answered our own question.

Not saying they don't read it, I don't know, but I think someone from here sent it to the Prosecution.

I think some of the BDI'ers would love to be able to testify in this case, but if they can at least get some acknowledgement from the Prosecution they feel like they are a part of it.

I buy new old stock on ebay all the time.....haven't seen if NOS is available in phones, but it is with just about anything

But there would have been a record of any ebay purchase and paypal. There was none.

IMO, this is looking very bad for the CPD thus far. We'll see what happens...

The phone model was old - no longer available on the market to purchase a duplicate.

Wouldnt need a new phone at all...as this guy has already testified..it is only the "Shell" and its the sim card that makes it "your own"..i.e. remove sim card, put it in another phone or shell and it will now become your phone..

But there would have been a record of any ebay purchase and paypal. There was none.

IMO, this is looking very bad for the CPD thus far. We'll see what happens...

lots of ways to purchase NOS, above board ( within rules of site) and on the side. ( not detectable)

What about the secondary market, craigslist, eBay, etc? Just curious?

You must admit that would be a HUGE stretch. No records anywhere of BC searching for a duplicate (and this phone was very old, and an unusual color), no record of payment online, etc.

This post says that 10 incorrect password attempts will wipe a blackberry.
http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/guide-to-wiping-your-blackberry-88202/
So, if BC knew this, and entered the wrong password in 9 times, the next attempt by Cary PD will have wiped the phone.

That was the scenario that I've thought may have happened.

What is curious though, is there is no other id'ing info on the phone. Such as photos. Those are on the phone themselves and not the sim card.

JMHO
fran

I can buy anytime I want to.... New old stock.....for 1950's eyeglasses. do it all the time.

Have bought 3 pairs of identical glasses at different times.....and after the first pair, I have the vendor's address and phone#....only saying it is possible. that's all.

Just an observation, for an expert witness, who has testifed prior in criminal trials, he appears to be a bit inept at trial procedure, doesn't he? Not knowing what objections are, the difference between over-ruled and sustained? And the judge has had to explain to him a couple times already about 'how to testify'. I'm just surprised because I thought he'd be far more professional in his trial procedure.

Talking directly to the jury.....isn't this against rules of how to testify.

Just an observation, for an expert witness, who has testifed prior in criminal trials, he appears to be a bit inept at trial procedure, doesn't he? Not knowing what objections are, the difference between over-ruled and sustained? And the judge has had to explain to him a couple times already about 'how to testify'. I'm just surprised because I thought he'd be far more professional in his trial procedure.

This guy seems to be one of those awkward, techie geeks but clearly knows his stuff. When he's trying to explain something his brain seems to be one step ahead of his words. I find that a lot in 'techie geeks' who are trying to speak in layman's terms. Might explain some of his ineptness.

OK, we get it. LE messed up and the phone was empty.

What's the point of this testimony again?

JMHO
fran

That was the scenario that I've thought may have happened.

What is curious though, is there is no other id'ing info on the phone. Such as photos. Those are on the phone themselves and not the sim card.

JMHO
fran

IIRC, the phone will wipe all personal data (whether on SIM card or stored on phone itself). I'd have to look back at the blackberrry forums to find it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said.

You must admit that would be a HUGE stretch. No records anywhere of BC searching for a duplicate (and this phone was very old, and an unusual color), no record of payment online, etc.

Local on craigslist, meet and pay cash. Stop by the flea market at the fair grounds, pay cash. Pretty easy.

blackberry pearl.....serial # matched, per witness's testimony.....so NOS issue not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey