State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Discussion in 'Michelle Young' started by ynotdivein, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOMom

LOMom New Member

I don't believe that CB testified that the "house was all lit up" during the last trial. My point was that if the lights were on at 5:30 while this car was exiting the driveway, how did the lights get turned off by the time MF arrived? I'm thinking lights were off at 5:30 and CB was not being truthful about seeing the house "all lit up" - she may have just borrowed that after hearing Terry Tiller's testimony.

2. SteelerGirl43

SteelerGirl43 New Member

Some cameras are..... Cameras do turn/rotate.... Maybe not 360, but they do turn.....

3. Lucky89

Lucky89 Member

Luna24,

I think the part about JY asking about Cassidy is new this time around but I don't know about the homicide part I would have to listen and I can not bare to listen to PY not for a while.

4. SteelerGirl43

SteelerGirl43 New Member

Where did I say anyone did??? Im just saying they were coming out fwd.. Never in my life have I ever backed into a drive.... I think someone was coming from the house... moo...

5. traveler

traveler Member

That's the thing...no one wants to testify on JY's behalf (except family). SS was the wife of JY's ex-best friend...she was not MY's "best friend." JY, through his 3 year silence lost all credibitly with his entire Raleigh friend base. What innocent man drops all his college buds and their wives? Any "Friend" that testified for the DT looked incredibly uncomfortable and ultimately looked good for the PT...IMO. They do not believe he is innocent, IMO.

6. otto

otto Verified Expert

Why would the prosecution bring that up in cross with the suspect's mother? What is the point?

7. SteelerGirl43

SteelerGirl43 New Member

I never watched the 1st trial, but I did read before today that all the lights in the house were on... I was like really?? Why would he kill her with all the lights on......

8. gritguy

gritguy Verified Expert

In fact, I just checked out that camera (both cameras on the west end).

At 8pm this evening I was at the Hampton Inn in Hillsville. I went through the glass door; there is a camera above it that will capture you if you going down the hallway, but it certainly looks possible to not be caught on it if you take the immediate right to the stairwell. Not sure though.

Once you open the stairwell door the camera is above you pointing toward the stairs; the emergency exit that got propped would be on your right. You could have (and somebody did) push it up from below before entering its field of view. It has a bubble on it now.

I exited the emergency door that was propped open and drove by to my house in Raleigh off Penny Rd. very near Birchleaf in two hours and thirty two minutes, driving in a conservative manner.

I didn't plan this trip, but I was on the way back from Kentucky and saw Hillsville coming up so I figured what the heck.

I just got home a bit ago.

9. Lucky89

Lucky89 Member

CB also testified that the color of the vehicle was a light color like a cream this time but I don't remember her testifying to that last time!

10. Cheyenne130

Cheyenne130 New Member

She was pregnant so it's not like she would have wanted to go for coffee. The story fell apart right there.

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack New Member

That is really reaching! No pregnant person would want anything at a coffee shop??

12. gritguy

gritguy Verified Expert

Whoever did turn it up, whether JY or not, was apparently not caught doing it on video or even being close to it then. However, that camera is directly over a hallway access door pointing out toward stairs and if you come in that door you are actually underneath and slightly behind the camera when in the doorway. So whoever pushed it could easily have done that without (and apparently must have) appearing in the recorded field of vision, IMO.

13. Lucky89

Lucky89 Member

Don't know I was just letting u know that the trooper testifying was not the so called friend.

14. hindsight2020

hindsight2020 Well-Known Member

I don't think JY would be suspect at this juncture even if he knew the trooper or not, it was a winding road with many documented accidents.

I think JY knew this, of course, after the fact.

15. CGW

CGW Member

I was refering to the kind of cameras that were at the HI that JY stayed at. There are fancy cameras out there (in retail stores, etc.) that capture many angles and rotate, but the ones at the HI were pretty basic wall mounted single view cameras pointing in one direction (until someone points it in another :what:)

16. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

OK, now immediately get some forensic tape and inspect every garment and yourself for HI fibers! Let us know what you find! ;)

P.S. Did you stop at Four Brothers in King?

17. LOMom

LOMom New Member

The houses in the neighborhood don't appear to be very close to each other. If a driver realizes he forgot something just as he passes a house, the efficient thing to do is to back up in that nearest driveway rather than drive into a driveway further down the road.

18. SteelerGirl43

SteelerGirl43 New Member

Did anyone say she wouldn't drink coffee being pregnant??? Pregnant women do drink coffee... Not all but some do.....

19. gritguy

gritguy Verified Expert

No good. I threw it all out at Goodwill w/o stopping!

20. hindsight2020

hindsight2020 Well-Known Member

IIRC, the newspaper lady said the lights inside of the home appeared to on, could not be absolutely sure, but that the home seemed to be illuminated, hence her testimony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.