State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-6-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it was very fortunate indeed. Seatbelts can sometimes do more harm than good to pregnant women. Michelle wasn't hurt in the accident.

JMO

Jason was right there in the car, too.

I don't blame Jason for not wanting his MIL to move in.....they didn't get along.

She made it clear in her testimony that she couldn't stand him.
I think this would be a huge issue for many of us who actually like our mother-in-law. She's a nice person to visit, our kids adore her but living with her? No thanks.

JMO

I think this would be a huge issue for many of us who actually like our mother-in-law. She's a nice person to visit, our kids adore her but living with her? No thanks.

JMO

Agree............
Why did they try to force the issue?

:confused:

wreck.jpg

Thanks for the photo JTF. It certainly clarifies that it was a straight shot right down the embankment and into the river. Michelle, having her seatbelt unbuckled, would be knocked around in the car, while JLY, seatbelt buckled, held nicely in place. No trees to smash into, etc.

ITA and apparently so does the judge. I do wonder if the prosecution is intentionally trying to lose this case. Trying to interject rumors as evidence is a sign of pure desperation.

JMO

They presented it as something that happened before the loss of the first child. Don't know where you get "pure desperation". Maybe it's just wishful thinking on your part (wanting Jason to be innocent) because I think jurors will see it as a possible reason for the loss of the first child and nothing else. Although personally, I don't see it as an "accident".

They presented it as something that happened before the loss of the first child. Don't know where you get "pure desperation". Maybe it's just wishful thinking on your part (wanting Jason to be innocent) because I think jurors will see it as a possible reason for the loss of the first child and nothing else. Although personally, I don't see it as an "accident".

Their first child is Cassidy. With all due respect, please refrain from speculating about "wishful thinking" on my part. I don't want an innocent man convicted. I'm waiting to see evidence of guilt.

JMO

There were other accidents at the same spot, hope the defense will point that out, or bring in the state trooper who investigated the accident.

There were only two other accidents in the area. Neither involved running off the road and down the embankment. One was an older woman and one was a younger male. If I remember correctly, one occurred in the rain. Too bad we can't get the information that was posted elsewhere anymore...

JMO

I didn't hear that plans were discussed to 'live together'. I heard that Mrs. Fisher was intending to come from her beach home three days a week to offer her *free baby-sitting* services so Rylan wouldn't have to go to daycare as an infant. So Rylan would receive the same one-on-one care that Cassidy had enjoyed in her infancy.

Does anyone if this was the first time that Jason had tried to negotiate that stretch of road? Would it have been a familiar road to them?

Their first child is Cassidy. With all due respect, please refrain from speculating about "wishful thinking" on my part. I don't want an innocent man convicted unless he is guilty.

JMO

I'm sorry you didn't realize I was referring to the loss of the first UNBORN child, since the discussion is about the "accident" (Cassidy was not in the car). As for wishful thinking, I think there's a lot of that going on surrounding this trial. ;)

Does anyone if this was the first time that Jason had tried to negotiate that stretch of road? Would it have been a familiar road to them?

Very familiar, this is where he grew up. Someone mentioned long ago that this was not the most direct route to the coffee shop from his mother's home. Maybe most scenic?

ETA: I see RPD already addressed the fact that he took the "long way" to the coffee shop.

We are on the purse printout, finally.

Move along, Pros....

I didn't hear that plans were discussed to 'live together'. I heard that Mrs. Fisher was intending to come from her beach home three days a week to offer her *free baby-sitting* services so Rylan wouldn't have to go to daycare as an infant. So Rylan would receive the same one-on-one care that Cassidy had enjoyed in her infancy.

The outer banks are 3 to 3 1/2 hours one way. So, yeah, that's an indication to me that the M-I-L wanted to move in for those three days every week. Free babysitting or not, having an in-law living with you half of every month would be a bit much even if you liked them. It's been made abundantly clear that she and Jason couldn't stand one another.

JMO

MF just said that she lives 15-20 minutes away.

Then BH starts to question her and then stops and asks her how far away her home is from Birchleaf?

Umm, she just told you a minute ago.

The outer banks are 3 to 3 1/2 hours one way. So, yeah, that's an indication to me that the M-I-L wanted to move in for those three days every week. Free babysitting or not, having an in-law living with you half of every month would be a bit much even if you liked them. It's been made abundantly clear that she and Jason couldn't stand one another.

JMO

Meredith testified earlier that Linda would sometimes stay with her in Fuquay, so she would not have been staying at Birchleaf every week, even if she was in town. She also testified that Linda wanted to sometimes take the children back to her beach house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77