State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care, it's irrelevant to this trial because the defense team can insinuate MY's killer was a p'd off woman and that MY's murder was not indicative of a man, woman are capable, blah blah blah, stats don't mean a thing, etc, and the jury may swallow it, despite hundreds of experts saying the contrary.

After the Anthony trial, I am never again shocked at the BS that juries buy into.
Imo, that is exactly why the theories that don't make sense need to be shown to the jury why they don't make sense. If the DT wants to throw out theories not supported by the evidence, the PT must show why not. jmo

If juries have to be spoon fed, then I guess they do.

CY was told her mommy was 'getting a spankin' for biting.' In her mind, at 2.5 yrs old, she would have no concept of killing or death. She wouldn't see her daddy as 'killer,' because she wouldn't know what that was at that age. He obviously told her why he did what she saw him do. And she then acted it out, on her own, by herself, with no prompting. And she used the words she knew, with what she was told. Simple as that.

I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

CY was told her mommy was 'getting a spankin' for biting.' In her mind, at 2.5 yrs old, she would have no concept of killing or death. She wouldn't see her daddy as 'killer,' because she wouldn't know what that was at that age. He obviously told her why he did what she saw him do. And she then acted it out, on her own, by herself, with no prompting. And she used the words she knew, with what she was told. Simple as that.

As you say, she wouldn't know what 'killer' was so can't you say she wouldn't see a stranger nor her daddy as 'killing' mommy? My point is in that scenario, you cannot assume that automatically suggests JY as the one she 'saw'.

Thank you ... so even though she has a memory disability, that may be like a 2 year old, she insists (with pride) that this is not true. Yet, throughout the testimony, she remembered new information. I think we can assume it's not because she actually remembered better information, but that she was rehabilitated ... until cross examination. The gas attendant gave contradictory testimony with new information being added not only with each interview, but also with each trial.

Wow. Even after seeing it in print, it is still being repeated differently than what she said. What I bolded is not what she said. Below is what she said. I believe that to be very different. (IMO)

The doctors, she said, “told my mama I’d be like 2 years old when I was 20 years old.”

She did not say her memory would be like a 2 yr old but refuses to acknowledge it to be the case which is what it appears to me that you believe what she said to mean. She said she would be like a 2 yr old. I take that to mean entirely, not just her memory. Personally, I did not see a person with the mental capacity of a 2 yr old on that stand.

As you say, she wouldn't know what 'killer' was so can't you say she wouldn't see a stranger nor her daddy as 'killing' mommy? My point is in that scenario, you cannot assume that automatically suggests JY as the one she 'saw'.

My personal opinion is she wouldn't see anyone as a killer since she did not understand the concept of killing or the concept of death. And, this doesn't automatically suggest JY as the one she saw. One can just as easily argue one side as the other IMO.

WE don't know that's what she was told or that is what she thought. Big difference.

WE don't know that's what she was told or that is what she thought. Big difference.

I agree it is a big difference. I have read a lot of speculation here, but in reality they are only theories.

So the Regular Customer was not questioned by LE to verify Gracie's statements...does anyone know???

As horrific as it is, I think we now have evidence that she saw all or some portion of the murder. I could see the killer not realizing she was there or CY being too afraid to let the killer know she was there.

I struggle with how she afterward would not be afraid of her daddy if she knew he were the killer. I am sure there are a lot of opinions on that point

Well, the defense is pointing the finger at MF.
CY was never afraid of MF, not for a second.
In fact, Jay felt so comfortable with MF, he sent CY to live with her.

Sounds like the defendant and his lawyers are not on the same page.:waitasec:

[/b]Imo, that is exactly why the theories that don't make sense need to be shown to the jury why they don't make sense. If the DT wants to throw out theories not supported by the evidence, the PT must show why not. jmo

If juries have to be spoon fed, then I guess they do.
I could not agree with this more!

Wow. Even after seeing it in print, it is still being repeated differently than what she said. What I bolded is not what she said. Below is what she said. I believe that to be very different. (IMO)

The doctors, she said, “told my mama I’d be like 2 years old when I was 20 years old.”

She did not say her memory would be like a 2 yr old but refuses to acknowledge it to be the case which is what it appears to me that you believe what she said to mean. She said she would be like a 2 yr old. I take that to mean entirely, not just her memory. Personally, I did not see a person with the mental capacity of a 2 yr old on that stand.

I think the 2 year old reference is similar to the brains on the highway. But, Grace did say she had memory issues, and she does receive disability checks and has every since the accident. What impact that has on a jury, we will have to see.

Well, the defense is pointing the finger at MF.
CY was never afraid of MF, not for a second.
In fact, Jay felt so comfortable with MF, he sent CY to live with her.

Sounds like the defendant and his lawyers are not on the same page.:waitasec:

HUH? What does MF have to do with my post? I realize what they are saying about MF, but I have never mentioned one time that I thought that.

You think a stranger took the time to say something to CY about his actions, then cleaned her up, put her to bed and took care not to mess up the downstairs or..umm...steal MY's purse and other valuables available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10