Statistics per State

Discussion in 'General Information & Discussion' started by a.allison, Apr 28, 2015.

1. a.allison

a.allison Member

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find out the number of active (or even cold) missing persons cases in each state? I'm trying to share some information about missing persons with some friends and I would really like to know how many missing persons there are in Mississippi at the moment. I know it's probably not going to be completely accurate but does any sort of resource exist?

Thank y'all!

2. Loading...

3. KateB

KateB New Member

NamUs has a State Case Breakdown drop down box of their active files on the right side of the front page. This is a minimum number as there are always more than the public is aware of. But it's a start.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en

MS stats:
    ALL US states & territories:

4. vanlutz

vanlutz New Member

I've heard that roughly 800,000 people are reported missing every year. Of course the majority aren't missing. But, just imagine if 1/16 are. That's a lot of actual missing persons.