Status After Release

Blackangel

Reaction score
Website
www.ahftu.net
The three of them were offered the alford plea in 2011, and initially Jason Baldwin refused it. I don't remember the exact details as to why he ended up accepting it, but if I remember correctly it had something to do with Damien. After release Damien moved to New York City with his wife, and is living a quiet life there. Jesse is back in West Memphis taking care of his father who has been suffering several health problems. Jason on the other hand has been working extremely hard with the Innocence Project, helping innocent prisoners get exonerated. I personally met Jason Baldwin 2 years ago at KC Crypticon. After serving 18 years for a crime he was in no way connected to I would have expected him to be bitter and angry at the world. He is the exact opposite. He is one of the sweetest men a person could ever meet. I hope I have the honor of meeting him again.

The thing about their case that has bothered me the most is the incident at the Bojangles restaurant the night the boys were murdered. It was reported to the police that a black man that was covered in mud and blood went into the women's restroom for approximately 30 minutes. After he left there was one stall that had the blood and mud he was covered in all over it. It is my understanding that the police never investigated it.

Another thing was that there was evidence that would have proved their innocence that was denied at trial. I understand that the town was screaming for blood. I would have been also. But there was so much outrage that they latched on to 3 boys that were different. Prior to the arrest, Jason and Damien had never met Jesse. Jason told me personally that fact. Jesse was chosen because he is just over the line of mentally retarded. He is slow. Jason and Damien were chosen because they preferred dark almost gothic clothing and heavy metal music. Damien at the time claimed to be a Wiccan. If West Memphis is anything like the area I live in, then non Christians are completely hated.

I was 11 when the murders happened, and I followed their case all the 18 years they were incarcerated. I also follow their lives now through social media and the Innocence Project. For surviving the pure Hell they were in for 18 years, I personally will always admire them. I couldn't have made it 3 days, let alone 18 years.

The three of them were offered the alford plea in 2011, and initially Jason Baldwin refused it. I don't remember the exact details as to why he ended up accepting it, but if I remember correctly it had something to do with Damien. After release Damien moved to New York City with his wife, and is living a quiet life there. Jesse is back in West Memphis taking care of his father who has been suffering several health problems. Jason on the other hand has been working extremely hard with the Innocence Project, helping innocent prisoners get exonerated. I personally met Jason Baldwin 2 years ago at KC Crypticon. After serving 18 years for a crime he was in no way connected to I would have expected him to be bitter and angry at the world. He is the exact opposite. He is one of the sweetest men a person could ever meet. I hope I have the honor of meeting him again.

The thing about their case that has bothered me the most is the incident at the Bojangles restaurant the night the boys were murdered. It was reported to the police that a black man that was covered in mud and blood went into the women's restroom for approximately 30 minutes. After he left there was one stall that had the blood and mud he was covered in all over it. It is my understanding that the police never investigated it.

Another thing was that there was evidence that would have proved their innocence that was denied at trial. I understand that the town was screaming for blood. I would have been also. But there was so much outrage that they latched on to 3 boys that were different. Prior to the arrest, Jason and Damien had never met Jesse. Jason told me personally that fact. Jesse was chosen because he is just over the line of mentally retarded. He is slow. Jason and Damien were chosen because they preferred dark almost gothic clothing and heavy metal music. Damien at the time claimed to be a Wiccan. If West Memphis is anything like the area I live in, then non Christians are completely hated.

I was 11 when the murders happened, and I followed their case all the 18 years they were incarcerated. I also follow their lives now through social media and the Innocence Project. For surviving the pure Hell they were in for 18 years, I personally will always admire them. I couldn't have made it 3 days, let alone 18 years.

"Another thing was that there was evidence that would have proved their innocence that was denied at trial."

^ Where did you hear this? Because it's false. And if it ever did exist, there would be nothing to stop DE, JB or anyone for sharing it now. Yet crickets.

Also, your facts are wrong. JB and JM were very close for years before the murder. And DE likes to claim he never "knew" JM, but that is also false. Many teens interviewed at the time by police stated that they all knew each other and had seen the three of them hanging out. Did JB seriously tell you that (he didn't even know JM) when you saw him? If so, it is an outright lie; JB was the link between DE and JM.

Also, this whole narrative that any of these boys (particularly JM) were "chosen" by police is just wrong. Go look at Cally's. The police thoroughly investigated many leads in the case. JMB in particular was thoroughly investigated and the police even collected hair (pubic and head) and blood samples from him. They followed leads on a supposed hitchhiker with a devil tattoo; and a man (not Bojangles) supposedly covered in what could have been blood spotted by a trucker. They collected the trucker logs from the Blue Beacon to see what truckers were in the area at the time of the murder. They did door-to-door interviews of the entire neighborhood (all of which you can read at Cally's). So to suppose the police "chose" the WM3 is just flat-out wrong -- they investigated many, many leads before the WM3 were arrested.

They were not chosen "because they wore black and listened to Metallica." I'm sorry but that is crap, and the false narrative that the documentaries want you to believe. They were eventually arrested because the evidence came back to them. Two main pieces were the following: BL corroborating JM's confession to him, and (mainly) JM's confession to police. I'm sure you have problems with the confession, and that's fine, but that was the main factor in arresting all three individuals; it wasn't because they "wore all black."

Full disclosure: I'm a fencie. I don't know if one, two, or all 3 of the WM3 were in any way involved; but I don't dismiss the notion that they were involved. I used to be a huge supporter, until I did research on the case myself. That said, the whole narrative that the documentaries painted is inaccurate. It's a story, told by storytellers.

All 3 have pretty much walked away from the case. JB works as a justice warrior now -- yes -- but he has done nothing with regards to this specific case since being released (same with DE and JM); and I can't say I blame him (them), necessarily. I probably wouldn't want to be involved in it anymore either, whether I was guilty or innocent.

Where do you get your facts? None of what you offered is even close to correct.

Jason Baldwin and Jesse Misskelly DIDN'T know each other prior to the events. They knew OF each other, but didn't KNOW each other. There's a very big difference. And yes Jason told me that himself. He has no reason to lie, then and now.

The "Cally's" you keep mentioning. Would that by any chance be Callahan? As in callahan.mysite.com? if so, you're getting your information from a severely biased media *advertiser censored*.

They collected hair and blood from all 3. It's standard in a murder case. The information you're choosing to not mention is that the DNA didn't match.

I heard noting in the more than 26 years I have been following this case about a man with a devil tattoo. And you REALLY need to start getting your facts straight. It in fact WAS Bojangles chicken restaurant.

They were too in a rush to investigate as many leads as you want to believe. JM was a perfect patsy for a confession. His IQ at the time was 72. He was very gullible and suggestible. One bit of evidence that was denied at trial was that the cops told him that if he told them what they wanted to hear was that he could go home. The COPS LIED. The blood evidence from Bojangles was never collected. Nothing was collected. It was merely left to be cleaned off by restaurant staff. The blood and mud would alone have been enough to prove their innocence.

One of the softball field girls, later recanted her testimony. The boy on the stand that made the comment about Damien "putting the balls in his mouth" was a well known pathological liar.

The attorneys that were their defense did a slap stick job. JB's attorney told him to keep his head down and mouth shut through the entire trial. He had no intention of defending him. Nor did DE or JM's attorneys. One of them (I believe JB"s attorney) ended up being brought before the Arkansas State Bar for the way he handled the case. I don't think much, if anything, happened to him as a result except maybe a spanking and sent to bed without his dinner.

The wearing of black and listening to metal music made them outcasts. Outcasts are not popular by any means. When given an opportunity, and if a big enough out cast, a town will destroy you. I know this for a fact from personal experience.

And I'm sure you will call this a lie that I made up, but In July 2008, it was revealed that Kent Arnold, the jury foreman on the Echols-Baldwin trial, had discussed the case with an attorney prior to the beginning of deliberations. Arnold was accused of advocating for the guilt of the West Memphis Three and sharing knowledge of inadmissible evidence, like the Jessie Misskelley statements, with other jurors. At the time, legal experts agreed that this issue could result in the reversal of the convictions of Jason Baldwin and Damien Echols.

In September 2008, attorney (now judge) Daniel Stidham, who represented Misskelley in 1994, testified at a postconviction relief hearing. Stidham testified under oath that during the trial, Judge David Burnett erred by making an improper communication with the jury during its deliberations. Stidham overheard Judge Burnett discuss taking a lunch break with the jury foreman and heard the foreman reply that the jury was almost finished. He testified Judge Burnett responded, "You'll need food for when you come back for sentencing," and that the foreman asked in return what would happen if the defendant was acquitted. Stidham said the judge closed the door without answering. He testified that his own failure to put this incident on the court record and his failure to meet the minimum requirements in state law to represent a defendant in a capital murder case was evidence of ineffective assistance of counsel and that Misskelley's conviction should therefore be vacated.

Too funny. "JB himself told me, so it must true!" Okay, keep believing that, lol

Yes, Callahan. And I sincerely can't believe you'd dismiss the single best and most unbiased resource on the case, because it is. Have you even read it at all? Also, Jive's is good too.

Fact: no DNA at the scene matches anyone; and that includes TH and DJ. The hair was similar to 1% of the population of the time, which is hundreds of people. TH is a part of that segment -- yes -- but it is far from definitive proof. The DJ is an even bigger margin, at 8% of the population.

You haven't heard about the devil tattoo because it's obvious your research is lacking. You probably just watched the movies and think you have a grasp on the case. Honestly, you really don't.

I've said nothing about the softball girls and the boy on the stand -- I don't take that into consideration because, yes, their testimonies aren't credible.

No, I wouldn't dismiss the jury foreman's misconduct. Don't put words in my mouth.

All you are doing, is spouting facts from the movies.

What do you know about True Romance ? I guarantee, probably nothing. What do you know about BL? Again, most likely nothing.

JB and JM lived in the same trailer park before high school -- that's how they know each other. Also, DE used to live in the Mayfair Apartments when he was a child.

Do some actual research, and don't just watch movies. Or don't, I don't really care.

Last edited:

Oh boy. Hook, line and sinker. Sad.

Where do you get your facts? None of what you offered is even close to correct.

Well, clearly you got yours from the fictional movie "Paradise Lost" and from a twice convicted child killer. You've offered nothing but rehashed BS from the movie and murder groupie nonsense theories. And you started a new thread for this?

"He is one of the sweetest men a person could ever meet. I hope I have the honor of meeting him again." Now that is disturbing.

I know children. This has never been brought up here as far as I know. But, one person could not have committed this crime. While killing one child are the other two going to just stand around? No they would run away. I know it is simplistic but it is true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back