Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for sure if her counselor was recommending that, but her neighbor friend and fellow church member who recommended the marriage counseling, Tim Peterson, did tell her she should divorce Josh. Mormons don't take divorce lightly. It must have been a really rotten marriage for Peterson to advise her like that. I don't think Peterson was alone in his sentiments.

I agree totally that Mormons do not take divorce lightly. The statement above said her marriage counselor had been urging her to get a divorce. I would like to know where that came from... That's not the same thing as friends or co-worshipers. A marriage counselor is a professional with a defined function and professional licensing and guideline issues. It's a far more serious matter.

To get an idea of all this we really need to know how SP felt about certain things like religion, how he fed his children his delusions.
I would like to know the family dynamics of how the other 2 adult children stay with dad.
How big is the house?
Does everone have a bedroom? (5?)
1. SP
2. JP
3. the boys
4. Sister
5. Brother with bi polar

I imagine they do not have bedrooms to themselves. I doubt there are more than 4 bedrooms. Maybe they have an office that has been converted. Or JP is sharing with the boys.

Exclusive Detectives Club visits SLC

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=17406808

A group of renowned detectives from around the world have gathered in Salt Lake City this week to discuss cold case homicides.

The Vidocq Society has a stringent criteria of what cases they will hear. Most of the specific cases the group will be hearing in Utah are not being revealed.

Susan's case is not a cold case, but I wish that they would be able to sleuth information and try to help put some of the pieces of this puzzle together for LE. I know, I know, Iam just impatient! I want Josh behind bars now! (And I know that I am assuming his guilt without complete evidence, but I am not a juror! ;) )

I agree totally that Mormons do not take divorce lightly. The statement above said her marriage counselor had been urging her to get a divorce. I would like to know where that came from... That's not the same thing as friends or co-worshipers. A marriage counselor is a professional with a defined function and professional licensing and guideline issues. It's a far more serious matter.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that maybe it wasn't actually the counselor who recommended it, but Peterson instead. At the beginning there was a news story that incorrectly identified him as their marriage counselor and it sort of 'stuck'.

Here is something I don't understand, all these people that are finally coming out and saying what Josh and Steve Powell were really like are the same people that ran to the aide of Josh when he was moving.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that maybe it wasn't actually the counselor who recommended it, but Peterson instead. At the beginning there was a news story that incorrectly identified him as their marriage counselor and it sort of 'stuck'.

OK, fine. If that's the case, it was simply a mistake. I am sometimes troubled by the extent to which "mistakes" or "assumptions" or just plain sloppy reporting is somehow translated into "facts" leading to "conclusions" etc etc. But to err is human, no? :)

So. There is no evidence that any marriage counselor ever "urged Susan to get a divorce"? Is that correct? Does anyone know otherwise?

Do we have SP on video anywhere the day or so after Susan was missing?
I am wondering if he also had red chapped hands.
Scratches or anything that would relate to Susan disappearing.

OK, fine. If that's the case, it was simply a mistake. I am sometimes troubled by the extent to which "mistakes" or "assumptions" or just plain sloppy reporting is somehow translated into "facts" leading to "conclusions" etc etc. But to err is human, no? :)

So. There is no evidence that any marriage counselor ever "urged Susan to get a divorce"? Is that correct? Does anyone know otherwise?

I believe there was something about the counselor being on board with the time limit Susan gave Josh to straighten up but I don't remember where it is at.

It would be second hand from a friend or family.

I have kept up with this case from the beginning. I do not recall SP ever giving an interview in the beginning.

I have been searching and cannot find any concrete reference that a bona fide counselor recommended divorce. Only her friends.

I've seen this comment a few xs since coming in LATE to this case..Can you explain please? TIA!

Here is something I don't understand, all these people that are finally coming out and saying what Josh and Steve Powell were really like are the same people that ran to the aide of Josh when he was moving.

Listen to the radio show from yesterday. Kiirsi talks about that. They were all suspicious immediately and showed up to make sure Susan's things were treated with respect and not tossed out and to keep an eye out for any clues that might help or to see if JP would trust one of them enough to slip.

I've seen this comment a few xs since coming in LATE to this case..Can you explain please? TIA!

The neighbor Peterson said that JP hands were very chapped, wind burnt?
and that JP kept rubbing cream on them.
I am wondering now about SP hands or any physical evidence on his body,
like if Susan fought him etc. Not finding anyone seeing SP that day???

As far as I know, and I've been following pretty much since the beginning, no one knows the actions or whereabouts of SP during those critical hours when Susan went missing. Obviously, I wish we knew now. There is no explanation, YET.

IMO

The neighbor Peterson said that JP hands were very chapped, wind burnt?
and that JP kept rubbing cream on them.
I am wondering now about SP hands or any physical evidence on his body,
like if Susan fought him etc. Not finding anyone seeing SP that day???

Would that NOT help to make the case he was really camping with the kids that night? Some could believe that but it could also mean he was out in the elements burying Susan's body!

eta..I can't rule out SP was there that night & he's the one that murdered Susan! Not til I hear from LE they know for a FACT he was not..OTH! How can we rule out that JP didn't take Susan to SP's for him to do the dirty deed? He was gone from around 11/12am til 5/6pm the next night IF I have this info correct.

I imagine they do not have bedrooms to themselves. I doubt there are more than 4 bedrooms. Maybe they have an office that has been converted. Or JP is sharing with the boys.

i asked the question of the house size in a previous post. I agree 4 bedrooms seems about right for that house, at the most, and no special office. Tight squeeze, for sure.

IMO

I agree with a lot you've said, but be aware that we have been warned of "Morman bashing" here. I'm not sure how to define that, since a lot of what has been posted has been mostly for education purposes, which I think a lot of people (including me) need. Just sayin' be careful where you step. Religion, no matter how relevant, may not be an appropriate subject.

IMO

I don't think anything quoted there would be considered Mormon bashing at all. The ex-Mormon site cited within the quote certainly has that but the post, IMO was absolutely fine.

The fact that SP clearly had a hatred for the Mormon religion and was influencing his son in that way, and the fact that religion was a very important issue in the relationship and one that, reportedly, may have determined whether the couple stayed together, or did not, makes the religious views of all concerned, highly, highly relevant to this case.

Reporting on hatred potential suspects may have towards the victim's religion seems fine, from what I understand of the rules. Posters personally criticizing a religion or speculating about the validity of it, or questioning the values of its adherents, well, that is very different.

I urge anyone who has not listened to the radio broadcast featuring Kiirsi Hellewell, to do so as soon as possible. Her insights into JP, how he treated the kids before the disappearance, his communications with his father around that time, etc., seem pivotal to this case. Very intriguing. And she really explains well why refrained from criticism of JP and even tried to befriend him or act friendly toward him. Fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!