Stephen Singular

sissi said:
I have always wondered about God, why he needed sacrifices, did the people give him lamb to quench him , because they feared he would eat them? I remember thinking this when I was a child, like "whew" then along came Jesus to save us. ........

......Lord that would be so much easier these days with invitro, for virgin births, and cloning that rib......

..... I'm not sure if we had a different Bible, but I do remember in ours, after Cain murdered his brother he was sent to live in Nod, where he married. Well now ,just who did he marry? ....

....Aside from my nonsense, I would not think, can't think that there are actually religions that sacrifice people. Then again it was Boulder, who knows who was beating the drums and smoking mushrooms in the hills.

lol, Very interesting. Of course I've heard that question before, Who did Cain marry. Never heard it answered, did you? Guess invitro was how the Virgin Birth was done by the Holy Spirit, right?

About why sacrifices were required, maybe because the neighboring nations had them, and God had a BETTER PLAN, Himself paying the price instead of expecting us mortals to? Just a guess.

SuperDave, re asking the feds about the suitcase under the bsmt window, I don't think they'd bother with us. I still say, what would JR accomplish by claiming he broke the window, if he really didn't? That way he would just cover for someone, who conceivably could be too powerful for him to take on. As they were saying last January re a MLK assassination re-run, all kinds of nuts infiltrate gov't agencies, or maybe they said "can" ilfiltrate agencies.
There's all the self-righteous judgemental assassinations, all the victims being accused of having illicit affairs, someone very sex-oriented in charge of that, evidently, didn't realize he was showing such a PATTERN, of sex obsession and self-righteousness, pride and hypocrisy.

rashomon said:
Cain's offering was cereal. The Canaanites were an agricultural tribe who planted cereal, as opposed to the Hebrews, who were nomads. Which is why the Hebrew writers of that story wanted to show that their god scorns the agricultural Canaanite people and prefers "his own" Hebrew people, who as opposed to the Canaanites, were sheep and goat keeping nomads. .....

Therefore 'Cain' means the doomed Canaanite people, and Abel means the preferred (chosen) people.

Maybe, if you say so, Rashoman. I Wish you didn't forget to say where you heard that.

Somehow Cain and Abel knew about sacrifices, maybe from the Canaanites or other races, so where did they all come from, more Creation we're not told about? If so, that's probably where Cain got his wife, right, Sissi?

But what would JR accomplish by claiming to have broken the window himself, except to cover for someone? (I think I remember replying to this already, that "they say" all kinds of nuts infiltrate gov't agencies. Example, the assassinations, all victims being accused posthumously of Affairs. The alleged recording of Dr. King, for instance, could have been in his own home or could have been someone else. No specific words were quoted, that I remember. We don't know what he'd sound like in such a situation, without any words.

I don't have any favorite theory, mind you. Nobody go telling this is mine.
It isn't even a theory, just some thinking out loud.

"Aside from my nonsense, I would not think, can't think that there are actually religions that sacrifice people. Then again it was Boulder, who knows who was beating the drums and smoking mushrooms in the hills."

You got that right, Sissi!

"SuperDave, re asking the feds about the suitcase under the bsmt window, I don't think they'd bother with us."

Well, what I meant was, the feds already have a take on it. They said so at the meeting with the police.

"I still say, what would JR accomplish by claiming he broke the window, if he really didn't?"

Well, don't you find it a little odd that most of the glass shards were found OUTSIDE the window, not inside? Not just that, but in one interview, he tried to claim that the killer left a door open. So, his story is prone to change. First he claimed that his private investigators were pursuing leads that the "idiot" police weren't. He was later forced to admit that they were doing nothing of the sort, but were trying to knock holes in the police case against them, which actually culminated in a politically-motivated prosecution. Pretty slimy, imo. But that's another story. The way I look at it, hypothetically now, the house had to look and seem entirely normal at first glance. No reason for the parents to be wary until they saw the note, which was very carefully laid out in one of Patsy's favorite places to leave stuff. He told that story to Fleet to, imo, set him up. By that, I mean he had to convince Fleet that he believed the kidnapping story and that he was genuinely shocked at finding the body. But you know, for all I know, he didn't know a thing. He could be totally innocent, unaware of the staging his spouse had done. I really don't know. I can only go by what the FBI said.

"That way he would just cover for someone, who conceivably could be too powerful for him to take on. As they were saying last January re a MLK assassination re-run, all kinds of nuts infiltrate gov't agencies, or maybe they said "can" ilfiltrate agencies.
There's all the self-righteous judgemental assassinations, all the victims being accused of having illicit affairs, someone very sex-oriented in charge of that, evidently, didn't realize he was showing such a PATTERN, of sex obsession and self-righteousness, pride and hypocrisy.
But what would JR accomplish by claiming to have broken the window himself, except to cover for someone?"

I'll tell you what, Eagle1. Being a man who craves knowledge, I want this one to play out. I want you to give me the whole story on this, the way you see it. I mean, does John have an idea who this might be, and if so, is he in fear for his life if he says or does anything? These questions are just for me, now.

My understanding was always that Fleet White claimed he moved the suitcase there when he noticed the shard of glass. He did it to look for more glass before John had told him he had broken it and never fixed it.

Its possible that the window was to be used as part of the Intruder plot/staging.

When this was revised to become an abduction/ransom-note scenario, the broken window required an explanation?

UKGuy said:
Its possible that the window was to be used as part of the Intruder plot/staging.

When this was revised to become an abduction/ransom-note scenario, the broken window required an explanation?
Yes, very possible. Either revised by one stager or re-staged by the second stager... IMO John became involved in the cover-up late in the game and he went back over Patsy's staging and made some adjustments.

Another possibility is that the window was involved in the initial attack on JB - perp swung the maglite, bashed JB's head, and hit the window on the follow-thru - so the window had to be explained away to distance it from the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back