Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

Amraann said:
Chris many felt that way about his handling of animals.
Not just your sis.
I adored Steve but I know many biologists and people that work with animals thought he did not handle them well.

Did anyone see the latest at the grocery check out? I can't recall what tabloid it was but they had this huge cover pic of Steve and the a side pic of a supposedly decked out Teri.
I don;t even think it was her. But It was nasty. The title indicated she wasn't the grieving widow.

I just thought it was awful! She must have refused to give them an exclusive or something. I hope she sues the hell out of them.
Is nothing sacred?
This women lost her husband and could not be more down to earth and the tabloids are going to make it out like she is Paris Hilton or some *advertiser censored*??

Oh, but that's just pathetic!

it's as plain as the noses on everyone's face Terri died a little when Steve passed on and she keeps going for the sake of the children.

she loved him. she'll miss the fun with him, but she's damned sure her children will have fun and live despite his passing.

i have no doubt that's her mission and she feels she owes it to the man who gave her so much. just maybe she forgets she gave him so much too? :)

what a family! :woohoo:

I think they are an amazing family. Bindi is not only incredibly precious but she is the most poised child I have ever seen. I think her fathers spirit lives on inside of her.

mjak

Floh said:
Oh, but that's just pathetic!

it's as plain as the noses on everyone's face Terri died a little when Steve passed on and she keeps going for the sake of the children.

she loved him. she'll miss the fun with him, but she's damned sure her children will have fun and live despite his passing.

i have no doubt that's her mission and she feels she owes it to the man who gave her so much. just maybe she forgets she gave him so much too? :)

what a family! :woohoo:

I scanned the article and if I remember correctly, they didn't say anything bad about Terri. It was all about how she'd had these glamour shots taken years ago and how she and Steve were so much in love with each other. The article stated that Steve loved her tomboy look AND her glamourous, sexy look. It wasn't nasty at all, as I recall.

Yakwoman said:
I scanned the article and if I remember correctly, they didn't say anything bad about Terri. It was all about how she'd had these glamour shots taken years ago and how she and Steve were so much in love with each other. The article stated that Steve loved her tomboy look AND her glamourous, sexy look. It wasn't nasty at all, as I recall.
That is good to know but the heading on the cover indicated it was not going to be a nice article.

mjak said:
I think they are an amazing family. Bindi is not only incredibly precious but she is the most poised child I have ever seen. I think her fathers spirit lives on inside of her.

mjak
Too true Mjak.........A part of Steve will always be alive while Bindi is on this earth.

Marthatex said:
Good. Hope it never gets out to anyone trying to make money off of it.
I had never cried for the loss of anyone whom I only knew from television until I learned of Steve Irwin's tragic death. I grieved and still do as if I knew him. I grieve for for his family. It is unusual for me.

I love animals wild and domestic; but, Steve helped change my views further towards conservation and the love and acceptance of all animals--even those many hate or fear. I see a special goodness in him, Terry, and his family and friends. Birds of a feather flock together. And, they are a a beautiful flock. Steve has flown to Heaven is all.

I hope Steve Irwin's beliefs and philosophies continue to grow through his family and friends to all of us throughout the world.

And, I hope the point at which Steve died NEVER gets out.

LionRun said:
I had never cried for the loss of anyone whom I only knew from television until I learned of Steve Irwin's tragic death. I grieved and still do as if I knew him. I grieve for for his family. It is unusual for me.

I love animals wild and domestic; but, Steve helped change my views further towards conservation and the love and acceptance of all animals--even those many hate or fear. I see a special goodness in him, Terry, and his family and friends. Birds of a feather flock together. And, they are a a beautiful flock. Steve has flown to Heaven is all.

I hope Steve Irwin's beliefs and philosophies continue to grow through his family and friends to all of us throughout the world.

I cried my heart out through it all. Steve was such a unique man. So manly and then so wrapped in gentleness. I remember seeing him weeping when he talked of the death of his beloved mother and crying his heart out when one of the animals died.

Imo there will never be another one like him. He taught us that being a loving, doting father, husband and son was cool and so much fun. And oh how he showed us what true love felt like when he looked into the eyes of his special Lady!

I truly feel Steve Irwin is irreplaceable. He was one of a kind and even now I feel so saddened that he is not here any longer to share his life with his family, animals and fans. He loved us all and he never was shy in showing it.

Imo, Steve Irwin taught us to care about all the creatures in our world rather than just ourselves. I know my grandchildren miss him terribly and we do too.

IMO

Ocean

Steve was absolutely my favorite television personality....
And that of my kids.

I still have the picture, somewhere, that my daughter
drew of Steve (in khaki shorts) holding a snake (BIG snake,lol)
at arms length... she was about 5 or
6 when she drew it,lol.

She used to tell me (the traitor,lol;) ) that she
was going to move to Australia and Steve and Terri
could be her new mom and dad.

They used to wrestle their stuffed croc and pretend
to be Steve, too. It was funny hearing them trying
to sound like him. :crazy:

DK, iirc, called me VERY early in the am to let me know
what had happened..didn't want it to be a shock.
It was still a shock. :(

I often think of Terri and their kids... of Wes (my
daughter had a BIG crush on him for some reason...
ever since the episode recounting the flood, when
Wes was bit on the rear), etc. etc. and pray
for them.

He was a wonderful man, imo, and Terri was very
blessed to have had such a husband. (AND I'm so
sure he would've said HE was the one "lucky"
to have her.:) )

It was so great to see such a NEAT man who
LOVED animals so much. He was a wonderful
role model for kids who don't often see that
in men, sadly. A man of adventure AND a
man of compassion for all God's creatures.

Anyways...

just saw this thread and wanted to comment.

With love,

Ariel:blowkiss:

I heard on the radio that Terri received the one and only tape of Steve's death today. I hope she didn't watch it. IMO it's still too soon.

LionRun said:

I think they will! I love nature and animals fanatically as well. I never really watched him tho', always "too busy". My children did though.

Why or why do we never appreciate peoples' greatness and unique qualities until they die? I'm so sad for the family, but I saw an interview of his friend who said Steve kind of knew he might die young, but it was worth it to him I guess. It could happen to any of us - car wreck, stepping of the sidewalk, whatever.

Ya gotta do what you love....

BeeBee said:
I heard on the radio that Terri received the one and only tape of Steve's death today. I hope she didn't watch it. IMO it's still too soon.
She'll do it when she is ready BeeBee, then and only then, I believe. Just knowing she CAN and it is HER CHOICE, I believe she will hold out until it is the right time. JMHO.

Kazbar,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so much for starting this thread.
I watched Larry King Live on thursday with Mrs Steve Irwin and Bindi. I was very moved by the interview. Teri looks different than when she was first shown with Steve. Her hair is lighter and she lost weight (not that she was overweight before, she just looked like she lost a few pounds) . She looks younger than the pictures that were shown in the begining of her relationship with Steve. I was amazed at her transformation. I am not implying that she was bad looking before Steve, I am just saying that she looks more poised and refined. Teri and Bindi had me crying during the interview. Bindi was truly remarkable speaking to Larry on the show. I hope that you were able to watch it.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Did anyone else here see the Larry King show on thursday?

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

No, darn it! I missed it. I saw just excerpts. I did see Terry on Jay Leno the other night, though, But, precious Bindi wasn't with Terry that time. Lovely family. Great message. If we had more people like the Irwins in our world we may not have as many dang wars.

Lion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u