Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

It truly warms my heart. I’m not only absolutely convinced of his guilt, but I believe he would have gone on to become a serial killer. He’s an incredibly scary dude.

BBM

Not convinced Steven is guilty of killing anyone, but he could become a serial killer?

I'm not convinced of his quilt and IMO he deserves a new trial. The very same people that found all the key evidence in this case were involved when SA was wrongfully sent to prison the first time.

A new trial based on what?

What matters is whether the jury was convinced of his guilt not you. People are not entitled to a new trial just because select people don't agree with the jury.

You have to articulate a legal basis for a new trial in order to obtain one. To date no one has close to doing so.

What matters is whether the jury was convinced of his guilt not you. People are not entitled to a new trial just because select people don't agree with the jury.

You have to articulate a legal basis for a new trial in order to obtain one. To date no one has close to doing so.

It's just my opinion. Since I'm not a lawyer there's no reason for me to articulate a legal basis for a new trial. So there's that.......

It's a case filled with all sorts of doubt.

The fact that the Kratz had to field two mutually contradictory 'theories' of the crime shows even he didn't believe his own narrative.

It's a case filled with all sorts of doubt.

The fact that the Kratz had to field two mutually contradictory 'theories' of the crime shows even he didn't believe his own narrative.

Evidently, Zeller can't seem to convince any judge that there are "all sorts of doubt" if any. The court of public opinion does not matter except for crime boards like this one. You could go back and pick any trial transcript apart and make the same claim. Documentaries don't convict - juries do.

I've read several claims that the jury wasn't convinced of SA's guilt.

‘Making a Murderer’: Steven Avery Juror Reveals Alleged Vote Trading in Murder Trial Conviction – The Hollywood Reporter

“They told us really that they were afraid if they held out for a mistrial, it would be easy to identify which juror had done that and they were fearful for their own safety,” said Demos. “And what they explained to us was they believed if there was a split verdict like this, that that would send a message to the appellate courts. They thought that Steven would get a new trial — that was their plan, but it didn’t work out that way.”

I've read several claims that the jury wasn't convinced of SA's guilt.

‘Making a Murderer’: Steven Avery Juror Reveals Alleged Vote Trading in Murder Trial Conviction – The Hollywood Reporter

“They told us really that they were afraid if they held out for a mistrial, it would be easy to identify which juror had done that and they were fearful for their own safety,” said Demos. “And what they explained to us was they believed if there was a split verdict like this, that that would send a message to the appellate courts. They thought that Steven would get a new trial — that was their plan, but it didn’t work out that way.”

It seems for some and perhaps yourself, that no volume of affirmed court decisions and the seemingly continual optimism displayed by Zellner will sway you toward the fact Avery could actually be a monster and be guilty of the murder.

IMO, Zellner talks a good game but she's about out of options. The whole paperboy witness story is laughable at best and IMO, she has nothing else to take to the Circuit Court. I expect to see Zellner step away from the Avery case in the not too distant future and claim corruption as the reason from the lowest LE levels all the way to the WI Supreme Court.

JMO

Evidently, Zeller can't seem to convince any judge that there are "all sorts of doubt" if any. The court of public opinion does not matter except for crime boards like this one. You could go back and pick any trial transcript apart and make the same claim. Documentaries don't convict - juries do.
You seem to imagine that Kratz contradicting himself is some sort of thing that only exists in that award winning documentary. It just goes to show the prosecutor wasn't interested in justice since he had no interest in the truth. But it is true juries can be swayed by liars.

MOO

Reactions: IDK
You seem to imagine that Kratz contradicting himself is some sort of thing that only exists in that award winning documentary. It just goes to show the prosecutor wasn't interested in justice since he had no interest in the truth. But it is true juries can be swayed by liars.

MOO

The "award-winning" documentary was extremely biased toward Avery's innocence. Avery was convicted on evidence not conjecture or documentary theory. Avery has had supposedly the best appellate lawyer in the country working on his appeals for years now and is still in prison with no hearings and no chance of release. The minutia of the trial and aftermath has been debated on this thread for years and nothing has changed.

It truly warms my heart. I’m not only absolutely convinced of his guilt, but I believe he would have gone on to become a serial killer. He’s an incredibly scary dude.

Based on what evidence are you convinced? Genuinely interested, I can’t get my head around how anyone can feel so sure he is guilty based on what I’ve seen and read..

The "award-winning" documentary was extremely biased toward Avery's innocence. Avery was convicted on evidence not conjecture or documentary theory. Avery has had supposedly the best appellate lawyer in the country working on his appeals for years now and is still in prison with no hearings and no chance of release. The minutia of the trial and aftermath has been debated on this thread for years and nothing has changed.

convicted on what evidence?

The guy is a cold blooded killer who has been made a victim by a one sided documentary full of half truths.The real victim Teresa has become an afterthought.It really makes me sick.

Reread them and look for key words like DNA, blood, Rav4, hood latch, key, burn pit, cell phone and then read the appellate decisions and you'll see why Avery is still in prison.

I am yet to see hard evidence on any of those points.

DNA - zero concrete evidence here
Blood/Hood latch - Again none of the analysis stacks up as sound scientific evidence
RAV4 - what a mess
Key - don’t get me started!
Burn pit - what a set up
Cell phone - an even bigger mess

I honestly believe the only reason Avery is in prison is because if his verdict got overturned, boy oh boy what a lot of trouble certain people would be in.

All just my own opinion and I am very open to being convinced of SA’s guilt but for that to happen hard evidence needs to materialize.

Not jumping on the cold-blooded killer bandwagon (yet)

I am yet to see hard evidence on any of those points.

DNA - zero concrete evidence here
Blood/Hood latch - Again none of the analysis stacks up as sound scientific evidence
RAV4 - what a mess
Key - don’t get me started!
Burn pit - what a set up
Cell phone - an even bigger mess

I honestly believe the only reason Avery is in prison is because if his verdict got overturned, boy oh boy what a lot of trouble certain people would be in.

All just my own opinion and I am very open to being convinced of SA’s guilt but for that to happen hard evidence needs to materialize.

Not jumping on the cold-blooded killer bandwagon (yet)

Having debated the minutia of all of the above on many forums, I have zero desire to do so again. Someone else may care to engage and there are plenty of past posts here that do the same. Bottom line, he's been in prison for the Halbach murder for 14+ years and supposedly the best appellate attorney on the planet can't get him out. He is guilty as hell and deserves to rot in the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back