Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Discussion in 'Netflix Series: Making A Murderer' started by Tawny, Jan 14, 2016.

?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

1. He did it

253 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Some other guy did it

67 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Looks guilty at this point

74 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

192 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

251 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Undecided all around; more information required

54 vote(s)
    6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sustained

Sustained Justice for Teresa

Corruption may have been an issue with Vogel & Kocourek - there is no evidence of any corruption that I know of after Avery was released from state prison.

2. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

This comment really irks me. Have you never met anyone who's passion is their work? Have you never met anyone who’s motive for their work is helping others?

Do you think everyone is money and power hungry?

I’m sorry, but you have no valid argument here. This comment is disengenous at best.

BelleIsle, Karinna and Hippiemomof5 like this.
  3. Poedelini

Poedelini Member

Im sorry i think it was wrong. This site say's Blaine saw Steven at 11.30pm but in the Blaine interview on 7th of november it say's he went to bed around 9.30 / 10 pm.

Event Timeline

4. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

This isn’t SA’s story, this is his memory about what happened a week or so ago in an insignificant night in his life at that point. There is no proof whatsoever that there was even a fire in his burn pit that night, let alone that he was lying about it.

You are really reaching here by assuming SA’s story keeps changing based on these statements.

Karinna likes this.
  5. Sustained

I've met plenty of people whose passion is their work and they are not seeking publicity. They work quietly in the shadows and accept thanks from no one.

KZ originally turned Avery's case down as she thought he was guilty. Then she watched MaM1 and lo and behold, look who dominates MaM2.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

6. Sustained

Laughable at best when reported by numerous members of the Dassey family and ST.

Didn't SA say his mom brought him his mail on 10/31 ? Well, Brendan said he got SA's mail and brought it to him. Of course, Brendan must be lying because SA doesn't lie.

7. Poedelini

Poedelini Member

To be honest i think KZ hopped on the MaM2 train for the spotlight and now she knows indeed more because of MaM1 she has a bit more certainty that he may not have done it.

8. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

Welcome to websleuths!

Just for your information... here is the written report from Blaine's first interview and a later follow up:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...bit-355-Blaine-Dassey-11-7-2005-Interview.pdf

Reading this again, I took a snip of a part towards the end where Blaine says he remembers being with Bobby in the garage and sees Steve running into his trailer, as if to get something... IMO this would be when Steve reopened his gash and he went into his trailer. Interesting to re-read some of this stuff!

Blaine was wrong about the Friday night thing though... we know it was the Thursday because they did check Menard's for video.

Attached Files:

Poedelini and Karinna like this.
  9. missy1974

Sorry, working backwards today lol

www.stevenaverycase.org has the majority of the documents from the case. It has the trial transcripts, the photo's and exhibit's that were at the trials, police reports, interviews, appeal documents. It is full of information and will be overwhelming if you are just starting to research. The benefit to this site is that it just has the information, there is no commentary, no bias. Feel free to ask questions if you are looking for something :)

This might be a good spot to start http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf

That is the Calumet County investigative report, it is long, again, sorry lol

CoolJ and Karinna like this.
  10. missy1974

off topic... is there an easier way to attach files to our posts? I have used "upload a file", which is beside the post reply ... but seems like there should be an easier way? lol

11. proudfootz

proudfootz Well-Known Member

I think there are things like criminal liability and their reputations and careers as being much more motivational.

Plus the very idea of a civilian getting the better of their gang.

MOO

Karinna and CoolJ like this.
  12. proudfootz

Sadly, getting a conviction counts for more than anything.

JMO

13. Hippiemomof5

Hippiemomof5 Active Member

Is there proof she didn’t take it because she thought he was guilty?

I’m sure she gets letters from lots of people who claim to be innocent and weeding through all of that and deciding which cases to dedicate her time to isn’t easy.

BelleIsle, Karinna and proudfootz like this.
  14. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome. BBM,I agree SA's firepit was not the original burn site. Why is so much of TH's skeletonised body missing from the fire pit?
    I can't see SA deliberately burning a body there and moving bones to other locations and just leaving some of the bones in the pit. That just is nonsensical IMO.

CoolJ and proudfootz like this.
  15. proudfootz

According to this interview KZ believed media reports that the physical evidence was reliable. She ended up watching the documentary and she quickly changed her mind.

Hippiemomof5, CoolJ and missy1974 like this.
  16. Karinna

KZ doesn't need fame or fortune, she already has those things from the previous 19 or so wrongful convictions she has had overturned with new DNA evidence etc.

CoolJ, missy1974 and proudfootz like this.
  17. Sustained

IMO, Avery moved some of it and probably would have moved the rest if he could done it w/o detection. Same with crushing the car.

cryscrys likes this.
  18. Sustained

MaM2 has exponentially increased her visibility. The only way I heard of Zellner was b/c I followed the Ryan Ferguson case after seeing it on 48 Hours.

19. Karinna

I doubt that very much.
    Why not just dig a hole in the ground and shovel all of it in and cover it over? Moving bones around all over the place as i said is nonsensical, and a time consuming way to hide evidence.
    I think most perpetrators of a murder would know to get rid of evidence quickly because time is not on their side from other cases i have followed.

proudfootz and CoolJ like this.
  20. Sustained

Cadaver dogs. And investigators wold obviously seen evidence of any big hole near Avery's trailer.

I'm 100% convinced his goal was to destroy every and anything related to TH or move it off the Avery Salvage Yard. He just couldn't do it with out someone seeing him.

JMO ...