Steven Gately of Boyzone fame dies at 33 years old.

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by DollyPardonMe, Oct 11, 2009.

1. DollyPardonMe

DollyPardonMe New Member

Stephen Gately, who was found dead on October 10 aged 33, was a singer with the Irish boy band Boyzone and went on to establish a successful second career as an actor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obi...heatre-obituaries/6299456/Stephen-Gately.html

He might not have been a well known singer/actor or from a well known musical group, but this 58 year old teeny bopper was their BIGGEST fan! I have posted one of their videos here on occasion. It was MY feel good video. When my EX would be beat me I would sing this to myself and the words would comfort me:

No matter what they tell us
    No matter what they do
    No matter what they teach us
    What we believe is true

No matter what they call us
    However they attack
    No matter where they take us
    We'll find our own way back

[video=youtube;0Tmbu7T2Xso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tmbu7T2Xso[/video]

RIP Steven...You were taken too Soon!

2. Loading...

3. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

I'm sorry Dolly about his passing. I didn't know of this group but from watching the video, I find them to be very talented and pleasant to watch and listen to.

4. opme

opme New Member

Love Boyzone.. particularily that song.. Huge group in the UK and europe. Ronan Keating has just the most amazing voice but as a group .. loved them.

So sorry to hear of Stevens passing.. so tragic. He was just too darn young.

My condolences to his partner and family.

RIP Steven

5. Thom

Thom New Member

I had thought there might be more information here on Stephen Gately, as the news reports contained much conflicting information, such as where he was found, who was present, and cause of death.