Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

GUILTY (STILL MISSING) - MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by imamaze, May 1, 2013.

1. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/27/norton-shores-police-looking-for-missing-woman/#axzz2Rh8KOqEk
    [​IMG]
    "NORTON SHORES, Mich- The Norton Shores Police Department is investigating a missing person which occurred in late evening hours of April 26, 2013 at the Exxon Mobil gas station located at 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Around 11:15 p.m. Norton Shores Police officers were dispatched to the gas station on a suspicious activity report. Customers called 911 after entering the store to find no employees present. The employee scheduled to be working, Jessica Heeringa, was not able to be located.
    Contact has been made with friends and family of 25 year old Jessica Heeringa but as of April 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm Jessica has not been located.
    Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5’1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying “Sternberg Exxon”.
    Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME[​IMG]231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463[​IMG]231-722-7463) or call 911."

[​IMG]

Suspect sketch

[​IMG]

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8

Link to article discussing fake sketch: http://www.wzzm13.com/story/local/2013/05/01/1598280/

Scanner Thread for Jessica

Media & Map threadCall
    Send SMS
    Add to Skype
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

2. Loading...

3. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue the discussion here.

:tyou:

4. BeachBabe

BeachBabe Member

Bumping for Jessica

5. goldenbear

goldenbear New Member

I reluctantly have come to the conclusion Jessica was taken by the sex industry. A young lady can bring 300,000 dollars. IMO

6. Jan

Jan New Member

Unfortunately, I think she was killed and her body has not been found yet. She could have been kidnapped, killed, and taken anywhere, even out of state, and dumped in a remote area. I hope I am wrong and that one day she turns up somewhere alive and well.

7. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Can we get posts from the other thread brought over?

8. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 New Member

I have been trying to catch up on this story, Never heard of it before until it was mentioned in another thread Im reading, but just read the entire 1st and 2nd thread, before i just skipped to the end. I cant believe after all this time she has never been found. It took me hours to even read through one thread so i dont have time to read all 8 so was just wondering if someone could catch me up about what ever happened with the 911 call saying there was 2 other vehicles there, Im assuming one was Jessicas, but what about the other? was it still there when the police arrived. Also I feel like she was lured outside somehow, because wasnt the cash drawer open like she was counting it? There had to have been a reason she stopped doing that and went outside without locking the money up, which makes me feel like it was definitely someone known to her who she felt safe enough to go out there with.
    Also Im sure it has been resolved but a few times i read in the 2nd thread people questioning the 911 caller, just wanted to point out he hadnt pumped the gas, from what i read he COULDNT pump it because there was no one there. I think the attendant has to press a button to let the gas pump be used, I know thats what happens where i live. If they dont press the button then nothing comes out when you are pressing the handle.
    And lastly just a comment, why on earth would the coworker drive past and notice something suspicious and then drive off! That whole story seems off. Why not just do a quick drive by in the actual gas station to just make sure Jessica was ok. I mean if she took so much notice of his appaearance and knew it was a bit odd, why just drive off when he leaves, that is so weird to me!

9. goldenbear

goldenbear New Member

There is no evidence Jessica is deceased. Thus like the Chief of Police I will assume she is alive. This leaves one man keeping her captive and the sex industry. From people I know from that area that are now in California .the industry is very active.
    . ...

10. Roselvr

Exxon map link in case someone wants to try to map it.

Here’s the timeline, released by the Norton Shores Police Department:

April 26, 2013:
    2:44 p.m.: Heeringa purchased groceries at Aldi, 2715 Henry St.
    4:35 p.m.: Heeringa begins her shift at the Exxon store. She was aware the store did not have video cameras, as she had advised customers of this and the fact she was working alone. She was not worried about the lack of cameras. It was not uncommon for Heeringa to prop open the rear door and turn off the store’s rear security light so she could smoke cigarettes behind the store or allow friends to enter via the rear door, according to police.
    7:30 – 8:15 p.m.: A man who told police he was Heeringa's boyfriend at the time (*Not to be confused with her fiance, Dakotah Quail-Dyer) arrived at the Exxon station in a work vehicle, a silver full-size van. The two reportedly had a discussion regarding their alleged relationship.
    A customer advised that Heeringa appeared to be upset after the conversation with the male subject.
    7:40 – 8:50 p.m.: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit Heeringa. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time.
    Both the female friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to Heeringa while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and Heeringa were having a friendly conversation.
    10:55 p.m.: A female customer entered the store and purchased a lighter. She advised that Heeringa was alone in the store and did not appear to be nervous or distressed. The customer did not see anyone in the store or in the parking lot.
    11 p.m.: An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road.
    She saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Pointes Mall.
    The van drove behind the Exxon station, did a u-turn and extinguished its headlights as it pulled behind the store facing west.
    The manager suspected Heeringa may be in the process of stealing from Exxon, so she turned around on Harvey Street to return to the store.
    The manager and her husband drove to the Pointes Mall, west of the Exxon station, and parked in the lot with a view of the north and west sides of the Exxon station. The minivan was parked on the north side of the Exxon station.
    There were no other vehicles in the lot except for Heeringa's.
    The manager saw a figure standing at the rear of the van and noticed the van’s rear hatch was open. The figure shut the rear hatch and quickly opened it again. It appeared as though the figure was adjusting something in the rear of the van, and then closed the hatch again. She noted that the person's head was just above the roof of the van.
    The person then walked to the driver’s door, got into the van and began driving westbound on the service drive.
    The manager said the store’s rear security light was not on and the store’s rear door did not open at any time. She never saw a struggle or heard anyone yell for help. She did not see Heeringa outside of the store.
    As the van drove closer to their location in the parking lot, the manager and her husband started their motorcycles and pulled up to the service drive. As the van passed, she looked at the driver, a male subject wearing a red or orange sweatshirt. Her husband stated that he did not see the subject well, but did see that he had “crazy” or wavy hair. Neither of them saw Heeringa or anyone else in the van.
    The manager and her husband pulled onto the service drive and followed the van until it stopped at Grand Haven Road. The manager’s husband stated that he was positive the van was a Chrysler Town and Country van, silver in color, as it was the same type a relative owned (Note: This vehicle was located and was in Traverse City at the time of the abduction). He clearly remembered the Town and Country logo on the rear hatch door. Neither obtained the license plate number, as they had no reason to believe a crime had occurred.
    The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road, while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home.
    11:02 p.m: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Pointes Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road.
    11:03 p.m: Surveillance video from the Homestead Tavern captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.
    11:05 p.m: Surveillance video from the Coin Zone captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.
    11:10 p.m: A male customer arrived at the gas station, pulled up to the pump and attempted to purchase gasoline. He was unable to do so as the pump would not activate. When the pump did not activate, he entered the store believing that the clerk may have been in the back room and not aware of his presence at the pump. He was unable to locate Heeringa. Upon exiting the store, he spoke with a female customer and called 911.
    11:15 p.m.: Patrol units are dispatched to Exxon, 1196 E Sternberg Road, Norton Shores, regarding a suspicious situation.
    11:25 p.m.: The first officer arrives and begins investigation. Officers searched the store but did not locate Heeringa. Officers located Heeringa's purse and jacket in the back room. The purse contained $420 in cash. Officers noted that nothing inside the store indicated a struggle. There was nothing that appeared to be disturbed. Officers exited the rear door and noted that the door did not have a handle on the outside.
    Officers located items of possible evidence outside the rear door, including what appeared to be a 2-inch by 3-inch blood stain on the concrete, later determined to be Heeringa's. Officers photographed the interior and exterior of the store and evidence items prior to collection. Officers collected a sample of the possible blood stain and packaged the other evidence items.
    11.38 p.m.: Exxon owner was contacted regarding the open store. He in turn contacted the day-shift manager to respond as she lives closer to the store.
    11:50 p.m.: The day-shift manager arrives at the Exxon station and provides officers with her observations of the silver minivan and its driver.
    The manager advised that the cash drawer was “counted down” for the next shift, indicating Heeringa was preparing to close the store. While talking to officers, the manager observed the man claiming to be Heeringa's boyfriend drive past the store in a work vehicle. He was contacted to come to the Exxon station and was questioned by officers.
    12:38 a.m.: A K-9 team requested to search area. A search of the area north and east of the store was conducted with no results.

11. Roselvr

post #1069

12. trenchmouth

trenchmouth Former Member

So how do they see the van pull behind station and see the lights distinguished and sees the hatch open and close twice but don't see Jessica? Something doesn't add up. We're they moving past the store on their motorcycles and missed the abduction but saw before and after?

13. Roselvr

Give me a few to bring a few more posts over then I have some interesting photos to post. Everyone will really be scratching their heads! I promise!!

14. Roselvr

Things that make you scratch your head! Fasteddy's thoughts about the time line & trying to tighten it up. How lucky was the abductor to have picked just the right time to grab her?

Hope this isn't too confusing. I quoted Fasteddy but I also brought a few of my posts over that were between his

post #1061

post #1063

Jessica Heeringa: A new twist revealed

post #1066

post #1072

post #1075

I've never heard it's illegal to make a left over double lines

From google link - it is legal to cross those lines to turn left to enter an alley, a driveway, or a shopping center unless there is a local ordinance against it.

post #1085

15. trenchmouth

trenchmouth Former Member

Lot to digest Roselvr, very interesting analysis. Was a reinactment or simulation every done to visually see the reported timeline of events ?

16. Roselvr

Rubyred post 1109
    post #1130

post #1131

17. Roselvr

These were posted in the JH group. They are not my photos

Photos and maps of The Exxon gas station and surrounding area where Jessica was abducted from ... with the approximate location of where the witness SAID they were parked and route she said the van took etc.

1. Exxon station bird eye view
    2. this photo was taken from where the witness said they were parked that night (although this pic was taken during the daytime) ... you can see the back and western side of building and the part of the car wash behind it.
    3. photo was NOT taken from the "EXACT" spot where witness said they were parked at BUT IT STILL gives you an idea of how dark it is behind the Exxon when the back lights are TURNED OFF LIKE THEY WERE THE NIGHT Jessica was kidnapped
    4. Location of Exxon and where witness said they were parked and route they said Van took in red. ... Green is the the only ways to get into the station.... there are no other straight in drives to gain access.
    5. Blue is the route witness said they took both leaving the area and before when they said they were driving by and saw the van went down to Meijers and drove back to watch

Attached Files:

18. Roselvr

new tip line 231-222-0287 or tips4jessica@gmail.com

Attached Files:

19. Roselvr

The posts I added were by Fasteddy; from thread #8. I wanted to bring them over so that I could post the photos I found. Curious what Fasteddy thinks now. There are a lot of great posts that got left in the other thread. Would be nice if a mod can pick through them to bring more over. Its very time consuming doing what I did. If you click the arrow in the quote it goes to the original post; just like quoting.

20. mommylicious

mommylicious Well-Known Member

I saw Jessica's poster in a car window when I was picking up my child from school today. She's not been forgotten.

margarita25 likes this.
  21. fasteddy8170

fasteddy8170 Member

Wow, I haven't been to this thread in a while and I see my words haven't been forgotten! I'm flattered. I re-read my own postings that roselvr moved over here and I still stand by every word. It took me quite a while to put all that info together but I think it all makes sense: It's all just time-action analysis, combined with some perusing of Google street maps of the area.

To put it in a nutshell: The official timeline as represented by police is wrong--it's not physically possible.

At the time I emailed a couple reporters in the Norton Shores area about my findings but never heard anything back. I will try again. And thanks roselvr for re-posting my work.