Storm Threatens Holiday Travel

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BetteDavisEyes, Nov 26, 2013.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Storm threatens holiday travel in east

KELLY P. KISSEL, AP
    1 hour ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Snow and ice are forecast for the northeast of the country as a deadly storm that started on the West Coast last week gathers steam Tuesday and powers toward the East in time for Thanksgiving.

The National Weather Service warned that the storm would almost certainly upset holiday travel plans for those hoping to visit loved ones in the mid-Atlantic and northeast.

"The timing of the storm couldn't be worse," said Chris Vaccaro, spokesman for the weather service headquarters in Silver Spring, Md. "We are seeing numerous threats as the storm is beginning to develop and intensify." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20131126/US--Severe.Weather/

2. Loading...

3. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Wicked weather threatens Thanksgiving travel

Rain, snow plague flights, highways

Author: By Tom Watkins and Ben Brumfield CNN

Published On: Nov 27 2013 03:37:11 AM EST Updated On: Nov 27 2013 09:24:33 AM EST

(CNN) -
    A strong storm struck much of the eastern United States on Wednesday, complicating holiday travel plans for many of the 43 million Americans who filled the nation's highways, airports, and train and bus stations.

By morning, delays were reported at airports in Philadelphia, Boston and New York.

Heavy winds at New York's LaGuardia Airport resulted in delays for arriving flights of nearly an hour, according to the Federal Aviation Administration...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...el/-/2305824/23180768/-/10f0e3hz/-/index.html

4. Show Me

Show Me New Member

I'd rather travel with 6 inches of snow than 1/2 inch of ice.

Stay safe my friends!