Straight Ringers in Gay Softball? A Suit Seeks to End a Cap

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Steely Dan, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/04/22...com:+Law+Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Straight Ringers in Gay Softball? A Suit Seeks to End a Cap
    * April 22, 2011, 4:12 PM ET
    By Dionne Searcey

How many straight players can a gay softball team field? A federal court is trying to resolve that question.

Seattle’s weekly magazine The Stranger has this story on a fascinating debate stemming from a dispute during the 2008 Gay Softball World Series in the rainy city.

The battle centers on the championship game back then between San Francisco’s D2 team and the Los Angeles Vipers when people started coming out of dugouts asking questions about how many straight players were playing for D2. The rules at the time allowed for no more than two straight players per team. Players for D2 said they were so distracted they ended up losing the game, 31-28, according the Eli Sander’s Stranger story....

Is there a test to make sure you're not lying? :waitasec:

2. Loading...

3. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to think about this. If I gave a carp about sports in general I might have an opinion but since I don't, well, I don't.

4. tapu

tapu Pretty scary.

oferchrissakes