Stray Dog saves woman's life

LionRun said:
I agree that Hero may have taken off because he was lonely and needed challenges. And, we all know that dog's got it goin' on in the brain and, "drive" department. He may also need his hardware converted to software. Dogs are social animals and pack(family) animals. If they are left alone all day they may take up landscaping, interior and exterior home remodeling, or they may take off to explore other options in the neighborhood--like trash treats, and kitty chase games. Sometimes they form lively gangs and wreak havoc however, harmless their intentions may be.
A bored, lonely dog needs companionship, interaction, and mental as well as physical activity. Like KrisNine said, Hero will be much better off in a home with love--where his needs are met. I hope he tests well for Search and Rescue. SAR dogs have among the best lives a dog could have. They are treated with love and respect, given a job they love to do, and just generally have great lives.

It warms my heart when I hear of good people, like reb who adopt dogs and other pets and give them loving homes. Reb, is your home a pet circus of dancing pups at dinner time and when you first come home lol? By chance have you got pics for the WS photo thread? I would love to see them--if it is not too much trouble.

Best,

Lion
What a heartwarming story to read first thing this morning. Hero deserves so much more. He needs to feel wanted and loved. I have 6 dogs, 2 that are rescues. I could honestly leave my gate in the fenced yard wide open and my Lab and Aussie would just stand there. Life is too good for them here, and they know it. My Aussie's favorite job is being my bodyguard when I take the garbage out. All I have to do is give him sign commands and he's right at my side right down to the curb and back. He will stand guard over the small dogs, even our bunnies when we bring them out to their outside pen. He's herded my dd around since she could walk. The Lab just has to be underfoot and part of everything we do. I can't even walk to the mailbox and back w/o him missing me and running through the house w/ a toy acting like he'd been left alone for hours.

Here's a couple pics of my "big boys" who know they are loved and wanted. This first one is a little fuzzy. It was taken late at night and I had to expose it so you could see my Thor caught on the bed.

100_7244.jpg

Here's one of Thor getting kisses from my Cairn.

100_2351.jpg

Here's the Aussie, who loves all and is loved by all.

shilohloved.jpg

P1010096.jpg

I also have two rescue kitty's, one is from the shelter and the other was left behind when the owner's moved.

Ember, your pets are gorgeous! Reb, I'd love to see some of your pet's pictures too. It just warms my heart to see others who are willing to open their hearts and lives up to an animal. I can't imagine life w/o mine.

It was so wonderful to see this dog and the lady he rescued on TV this morning.
He drug her from the trunk area of the car out to the road.....quite a long haul.
Then he helped her stand so she could wave for help.
He is going to be trained as a police dog now.......and I bet that is what he will love to be. He is a Hero......Bless him.........:clap:

kahskye said:
Ember, your pets are gorgeous! Reb, I'd love to see some of your pet's pictures too. It just warms my heart to see others who are willing to open their hearts and lives up to an animal. I can't imagine life w/o mine.

Thank you! Yours are too! And they look very happy and loved! Pretty, soulful babies! Life is good for them!

reb said:
i am the proud owner of 4 wonderful formerly-homeless critters.. one kitty rescued from the streets, one dog who the owner no longer wanted when she realized a puppy goes to the bathroom, and actually needs attention, training, and doesn't like to be left outside alone... another dog who was found on the streets, never fixed and kept 'getting out of the yard'-- of the rednecks who found him-- who planned on keeping him in the back yard his entire life. he was matted, filthy & flea-ridden, and they were going to pour used motor oil on him to kill the fleas (!?) .. so i bribed them with a $100 bill for him (!)... and a 3rd dog from the shelter who came down with parvo the day after i got her.. so she would have been a goner had i not gotten her out.

that's all i can handle for now.... but i love them to pieces and they are the best, sweetest, smartest critters a person could hope for.
animals are really just like children-- they don't train themselves.. they need loving guidance, structure, socialization and positive reinforcement. not to mention good-quality food, exercise, grooming & medical care. i have spent untold amounts of $$ on all sorts of vet bills.. but i would never use that an an excuse to give them up (even though i really can't afford it and it's made me pretty broke).. because they are priceless.
i've had people say 'why don't you just get rid of 1 or 2 of them?' to which i say--yeah, well, why don't you just get rid of 1 or 2 of your kids?! i could never do that- not only do they adore us and vice-versa, but they all adore each other![/QUOTE---Great Post--You have a keen and sensitive heart Reb]

Awe, Peter you are such a good egg:blowkiss: . Have you got pics for the WS photo thread of your adopted furry family members? I am new to all of this forum/post family and pet pics/myspace/photobucket stuff; but, it sure is fun:).

Lion

Peter Hamilton said:
reb said:
i am the proud owner of 4 wonderful formerly-homeless critters.. one kitty rescued from the streets, one dog who the owner no longer wanted when she realized a puppy goes to the bathroom, and actually needs attention, training, and doesn't like to be left outside alone... another dog who was found on the streets, never fixed and kept 'getting out of the yard'-- of the rednecks who found him-- who planned on keeping him in the back yard his entire life. he was matted, filthy & flea-ridden, and they were going to pour used motor oil on him to kill the fleas (!?) .. so i bribed them with a $100 bill for him (!)... and a 3rd dog from the shelter who came down with parvo the day after i got her.. so she would have been a goner had i not gotten her out.

that's all i can handle for now.... but i love them to pieces and they are the best, sweetest, smartest critters a person could hope for.
animals are really just like children-- they don't train themselves.. they need loving guidance, structure, socialization and positive reinforcement. not to mention good-quality food, exercise, grooming & medical care. i have spent untold amounts of $$ on all sorts of vet bills.. but i would never use that an an excuse to give them up (even though i really can't afford it and it's made me pretty broke).. because they are priceless.
i've had people say 'why don't you just get rid of 1 or 2 of them?' to which i say--yeah, well, why don't you just get rid of 1 or 2 of your kids?! i could never do that- not only do they adore us and vice-versa, but they all adore each other![/QUOTE---Great Post--You have a keen and sensitive heart Reb]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back