Study of the Ransom Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will withdraw $118,000 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills

Now why would an intruder ask for this if just planning to kill JonBenet....

Represent a small foriegn faction with JR saying this was a inside job...

Why,would PR cross out words and misspell words..Maybe some of herself came though the RN..Or just plain upset...

Just can't get over the fact the JR said he found her at 11:00am and three hours still went by...And again why would the future son in law lie...

The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them

Now if this was a real ranson note what would this tell the person or any law enforcement that came into the situation that JonBenet was not in the home...And take focus off the parents until a better plan came into play...

Thats a very astute point. Yet another paradox for RDI to explain, really.

It would be nice if RDI would just stop and ask themselves: why would PR bother to line thru words just to spell correctly, block print only occasionally, and leave other words misspelled on purpose?

We'll never know. The author is dead. One reason is she was in a hurry, adrenaline kicking in, extremely upset.
I myself also alternate between cursive and block printing when I am writing. Don't know why, but I have always done it.

Thats a very astute point. Yet another paradox for RDI to explain, really.

It would be nice if RDI would just stop and ask themselves: why would PR bother to line thru words just to spell correctly, block print only occasionally, and leave other words misspelled on purpose?

Hi Hotyh.

The assumption would be that every word and every error within the rn counted. The story within the rn didn't have to be cohesive, the rn was in fact an exercise of grammatical errors, the patterns and errors PR knew did not appear in her natural speech, maybe patterns she thought would be common in a ESL writer.

And PR would feel above the people like LHP and the ones that worked in the Ramsey's home...And writting the RN, PR would remember how LHP did ask to borrow 2,000 dollars so there we have a good target someone lower than the R's needed money...And we have a person there that could have seen the paystub and seen the bonus cause LHP cleaned...Cause that morning I didn't read that the R's was talking about a SSF but LHP they did so they done thought of ones to blame...

We'll never know. The author is dead. One reason is she was in a hurry, adrenaline kicking in, extremely upset.
I myself also alternate between cursive and block printing when I am writing. Don't know why, but I have always done it.

Its OK to state opinion as fact, I guess.

In that case, the author is alive, old, and living in another country. We WILL know. He thinks its a riot that LE even considered RDI since that wasn't even his plan. He considers it just another exploit: murder on somebody elses turf, and leave a ton of evidence that can't be traced.

RDI has to admit that there's an abundance of evidence for a murder. Despite this, RDI is unconcerned there's not a single item of evidence that unequivocally linked PR or JR. RDI is also unconcerned that unknown foreign male DNA is prevalent at the crime scene in places consistent with a sexual assault, at the absense of any other known or unknown DNA .

If I were RDI I would consider that its not 1997 anymore. Its 2009 and a lot has changed.

That's the problem it's 2009 and nothing more supports the R's did or even an intruder for that matter...But if I was IDI,I would have to look at the things that point to the Ramsey's and with DeeDee stating a fact about PR being not here anymore is a fact...But someone living in another country that could had written the RN in not a fact cause with all the experts studing this RN never said we need to look for the killer abroad..

Hi Hotyh.

The assumption would be that every word and every error within the rn counted. The story within the rn didn't have to be cohesive, the rn was in fact an exercise of grammatical errors, the patterns and errors PR knew did not appear in her natural speech, maybe patterns she thought would be common in a ESL writer.

:clap:

Speaking to anyone about your situation such as police or F.B.I.''

Now just throwing this out there but this part sounds like a controling man to me...What if JR said this to PR and just curious if this could be the reason she was eyeballing Officer French as he put it....Cause I still wonder why they needed 3 handwritting samples from JR...

Hi Hotyh.

OK now we think that because the RN seems like ESL sometimes that PR was disguising it as ESL?

BTW I know you like numbers. Here's JBR Ransom note frequency of 10 most commonly used words in the English language:

the 13
of 8
and 9
a 9
to 13
in 7
is 3
you 24
that 5
it 2

Compared to other documents & speeches:

Bixby letter: 34.5%
Roosevelt Inaugural: 27.0%
Gen. MacArthur Duty Honor Country: 26.5%
MLK I Have a Dream speech: 26.0%
Roosevelt Pearl Harbor speech: 25.5%
JBR Ransom note: 25.1%
Gen. MacArthur Farewell Speech: 25.1%
MLK Mountaintop: 24.7%
L&L Ransom Note: 23.9%
Kennedy Inaugural: 23.9%
Entire Unabomber manifesto: 23.5%
Reagans "Choosing" speech: 23.4%
Lindbergh Ransom Note: 23.2%
Kennedy Greater Houston Ministerial: 22.4%
Unabomber letter to NYT: 22.4%
The Gettysburg Address: 22.3%
PR thank you note: 21.5%
McM's entire text: 20.5%

OK now we think that because the RN seems like ESL sometimes that PR was disguising it as ESL?

BTW I know you like numbers. Here's JBR Ransom note frequency of 10 most commonly used words in the English language:

the 13
of 8
and 9
a 9
to 13
in 7
is 3
you 24
that 5
it 2

Compared to other documents & speeches:

Bixby letter: 34.5%
Roosevelt Inaugural: 27.0%
Gen. MacArthur Duty Honor Country: 26.5%
MLK I Have a Dream speech: 26.0%
Roosevelt Pearl Harbor speech: 25.5%
JBR Ransom note: 25.1%
Gen. MacArthur Farewell Speech: 25.1%
MLK Mountaintop: 24.7%
L&L Ransom Note: 23.9%
Kennedy Inaugural: 23.9%
Entire Unabomber manifesto: 23.5%
Reagans "Choosing" speech: 23.4%
Lindbergh Ransom Note: 23.2%
Kennedy Greater Houston Ministerial: 22.4%
Unabomber letter to NYT: 22.4%
The Gettysburg Address: 22.3%
PR thank you note: 21.5%
McM's entire text: 20.5%

Hi Hotyh.

again ty for the comparatives. It always brings one back to the point where the vocabulary and construction of the rn is not exceptional.

"OK now we think that because ...." Ah no, not exactly. More like .... to consider that possibility; could it even be plausible (within a 400 word sample).
IDI had been garnished with the terms improbable or implausible, but now
it's a score of acts that PR is said to have commited; the unidentified dna makes that train of thought obsolete.
We have the rn accessible so why not investigate and eliminate the possibily that PR could have successfully deconstructed or manipulated her own 'linguistic pool' or stylisitics.

The issue of ESL has always been a consideration.

What this comes to that IDI's says PR could not write the RN cause of style..Well one question if you take a college graduate and this person writes a children's book would they not change their writting style to fit the age of the children they was trying to reach....So being a journalist major PR could not know how to change her style...

the unidentified dna makes that train of thought obsolete.

Don't bet the house on it.

We have the rn accessible so why not investigate and eliminate the possibily that PR could have successfully deconstructed or manipulated her own 'linguistic pool' or stylisitics.

That might be a little difficult, seeing how she's no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member