Stupid, but I was shocked. Sly Stallone is 60???

Nova said:
Mr. Stallone suffered a stroke when he was rather young. It left part of his face paralized; hence, the speech problem.
He said in a tv interviewed many years ago that drs. used forcepts to deliver him and it injured the nerve in his face.

michelle said:
I feel old. I am going to be 32 in December!! I cant believe where the time has gone....

:slap: Puh-leeze!! :slap: :blowkiss:

englishleigh said:
:slap: Puh-leeze!! :slap: :blowkiss:
I cant help it I feel old....It seems like yesterday I was home with my mom and dad and my brothers with not a care in the world......:(

michelle said:
I cant help it I feel old....It seems like yesterday I was home with my mom and dad and my brothers with not a care in the world......:(

I know...I'm 38 and I feel old, too. There's something about the word "thirty".... :(
But we are both still young in comparative terms...you, especially, Hon.

englishleigh said:
I know...I'm 38 and I feel old, too. There's something about the word "thirty".... :(
But we are both still young in comparative terms...you, especially, Hon.
I cant believe how fast time goes....Its scary....

I cant believe he had all those kids......They are just babies......

shopper said:
It's funny that he played a fighter, because his face looks like a deflated punching bag IMO. He also talks like he has a mouth full of mush.

South Park does a great parody of him, his speech is so impaired you can't even make out what he's saying, so they have the words on the screen. LOL
The way he talks is due to a speech defect/impediment,actually. The high school he attended in Philly was famous for being where people with money sent their kids with learning disabilities before they were recognized as such (To be blunt, it was called "The Rich Tard School" by kids in the area--several friends attended school in in Philly and the surrounding metro area in the 1960s-1970s, and knew Sly from there.)

BillyGoatGruff said:
The way he talks is due to a speech defect/impediment,actually. The high school he attended in Philly was famous for being where people with money sent their kids with learning disabilities before they were recognized as such (To be blunt, it was called "The Rich Tard School" by kids in the area--several friends attended school in in Philly and the surrounding metro area in the 1960s-1970s, and knew Sly from there.)

Yeah, I feel bad now and I'd forgotten that something had happened to him. I knew I'd never heard of him having a stroke, but since I don't really keep up with him, I wasn't gonna argue. It must be one of those impairments that get worse as he gets older, in the early Rocky movies, he talked "different" but nothing as bad as it is now.

shopper said:
Yeah, I feel bad now and I'd forgotten that something had happened to him. I knew I'd never heard of him having a stroke, but since I don't really keep up with him, I wasn't gonna argue. It must be one of those impairments that get worse as he gets older, in the early Rocky movies, he talked "different" but nothing as bad as it is now.
Dont feel bad shopper, alot of people dont know. And I always heard it wasnt a stroke it was from being pulled with forcepts at birth...I posted the link to that story on my other post on here....DH and I still yell, Adriane, you know except the way he says it when we watch Rocky. I love the first Rocky......:D

I was reading AARP in a doctor's office and there was an article on Goldie Hawn, she is also 60! That was a shocker to me. She looks great.

gardenmom said:
I was reading AARP in a doctor's office and there was an article on Goldie Hawn, she is also 60! That was a shocker to me. She looks great.
Yes she looks good.....I always thought she was really cute..

shopper said:
I remember reading somewhere that his currently incoherent slurring (he has to be seriously overdubbed in the films) is possible accrued damage from doing some of his own stunts in the Rambo & Rocky movies--blows to the head kind of things.

I always thought that Sly talked the way he does is because he was from Boston or New York. I love his movies and he will always be that rough rugged macho man to me. 60 yrs is young when you are older than that :D

When you are my age and others are in their 30's and 40's they are still just kids. Don't attack me :hand:

Bobbisangel said:
I always thought that Sly talked the way he does is because he was from Boston or New York. I love his movies and he will always be that rough rugged macho man to me. 60 yrs is young when you are older than that :D

When you are my age and others are in their 30's and 40's they are still just kids. Don't attack me :hand:
Bobbi, you must think I am a baby then, I am 31....

Bobbisangel said:

He's from Philly. Hence the location of ROCKY.

BillyGoatGruff said:
He's from Philly. Hence the location of ROCKY.

I read that they're putting that statute of him back, but this time on the bottom of the stairs. LOL The citizens of Philly don't want it there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back