Submitted- Shawn Hale and James Cary Smith

rainwater

Reaction score
Called the medical examiner's office and submitted these two names after discussions on Websleuths;

Shawn Hale missing from Apple Valley CA 11-4-1994
Shawn is known to be a Grateful Dead fan, according to his family. He got around by hitchhiking.He told friends that he hoped to get a job with a travelling Renaissance fair before he disappeared. Facial comparison of Shawn with Jason #2, done by MysticJynx, was almost identical and a near perfect match.Shawn is described as having sandy blond hair.

James Cary Smith-missing from Harvey, Louisiana on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish (County) in 1991. Supposedly was taking the bus into New Orleans to look for a job. Height, weight, eyes match Jason #2 very closely.

The investigator I spoke to was very helpful and she was interested to know that FB pages have been set up for Jason and that Grateful Dead fans are working to help id Jason. She wants to add links from FB, deadnet, and WS to the medical examiner's page on Jason.

I would like to update some information. In Dec 2015, Micah Hale has submitted DNA to the Apple Valley Police Department and the San Bernardino Coroners was notified the sample is on its way. They will be running the results through their system.
On behalf of Shawn's family, I would like to thank each and every one of you for everything you continue to do, for our family.

So I have posted several new pictures under Homeless in Mexico. The American Embassy is has visited this man. They say he is aprox 30 years old. Shawn would be 42 close to 43. Until Micah is able to get a passport I will have to wait to find out if this is Shawn. The man in the American Homeless in Mexico video looks older than 30 to me. The American Embassy persons did not take fingerprints or DNA. I do not know why. I will continue to search for Shawn.

Many prayers for your family. I hope it's him. Keep us posted. Much love :)

UPDATE: A detective called me today. I had previously contacted Namus for help. They have contacted the detectives in Apple Valley and were able to reach them. (despite my efforts, I was not able to.) Thank God! I have provided the detective the emails between myself and the American Embassy. The goal of the detective is to have the Consul get fingerprints of the Homeless American in Mexico. We are still making progress. If it is not Shawn, hopefully this can help another family with a positive i.d. and bring someones son home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back