'Suicide Town'

Hate to say it Floh but i think theres something paranormal at work here.

I read an article on BBC, IIRC, and they were talking about how the area the kids are from is depressed economically. Drop-out and unemployment rates are high.

I believe what we're seeing is not so much as a suicide pact, (although perhaps several of them had one), but a group of people giving up in response to the others. A copycat situation as it were.

As far as paranormal activity goes, I consider myself cautiously skeptical. I would very much like to see proof of paranormal activity or a paranormal encounter. However in 99.9% of all cases there is a rational, boring, mundane explanation.

As far as the paranormal goes in this case, I've not heard of any reports. If anyone has any links to news reports or whatnot, indicating a cult or paranomal activity, please post them. I would be very interested in reading it.

I am interested in knowing, in all these towns where the suicide rate is high and a lot of suicides occur in a particular time; are the towns relatively isolated as Nantucket (aside from tourist season)?

Kansas, and anyone else on here, if anyone needs to talk, i am here, feel free to PM me. I would hate for someone to feel they are alone in the world, i too, know what that has felt like.

Nooo! please no more. :(

Schoolgirl found hanged in Bridgend becomes 17th young victim in 'suicide town'

A teenage girl was today found hanged in Bridgend - the 17th apparent suicide in the tragedy-hit Welsh town.

Schoolgirl Jenna Parry, 16, was discovered hanging from a tree at a beauty spot by a dog-walker out for an early morning stroll.
She is the 17th person aged under 27 to be found hanged in the Bridgend area since the start of last year.

More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=516235&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Today, Dave Morris, Assistant Chief Constable of South Wales Police, admitted that there had been an "exceptional" number of suicides in the area.

What is to be done about protecting young people in this town?

Apparently, not one suicide note from any of the 17 was left behind. this is very strange, IMO.

i'm beginning to think these aren't suicides at all.

Apparently, not one suicide note from any of the 17 was left behind. this is very strange, IMO.

i'm beginning to think these aren't suicides at all.
Funny you should mention that. After reading this latest article, I absolutely agree. I hope they're looking into the homicide angle as well.

Three men who died in Bridgend 'suicides' came from same street

The latest man to apparently commit suicide in Bridgend came from the same street as two friends who died in the same way.

Carwen Jones, 28, was found hanged near the street of Heol Glannant in Bettws, where friends Sean Rees and Neil Owen also lived.
The South Wales town has seen more than 20 suicides.

His body was found on the eve of the funeral of Owen, 26, and eight weeks after Rees, 19, also died.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027303/Three-men-died-Bridgend-suicides-came-street.html

Bridgend is not far from where I grew up. It is very economically depressed with the steel and coal mine closings years ago. Most of the population abuses narcotics in some way or another whether recreationally or habitually. There is no way to get away from there as no one has the means to escape. It is a very bleak existence in a lot of those former industrial towns. There are no jobs, no real hopes for betterment, just an extension of the miserable life your parents have. For some death is a better path to take. Its very unfortunate. The suicide rates in the valleys have always been high.

I'd be willing to connect it with something not necessarily "paranormal", but spiritual. Of course, your own beliefs will determine whether or not that's something you would consider. It just sounds to me like this town needs a lot of prayer because there are some serious powers and principalities at work here.

Same goes for my step-grandmothers family. I believe they are at 6 male suicides (generational) in the past 20-30 years. All immediate family members. For it to span generations (the youngest victims never knew the oldest ones), I feel it's very spiritually motivated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back