Sunbathing teens hit by train in NH

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by luthersmama, May 28, 2008.

1. luthersmama

luthersmama Active Member

2. Loading...

3. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

Uh...it needs to be said. This was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

4. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

darwinism at its best. (just kidding... had to say it. i tried to restrain myself but i couldn't. it WAS dumb. their mommas should have taught them better. sometimes you have to just sit there and say... COME ON!! as a teen, you have to have known better!)

who goes OUT OF THEIR WAY TO LAY ON A TRAIN TRACK TO SUNBATHE!! i don't care if you are 13 and 14!! they were doing it to be risk takers!! i hope someone gives them a good talking to... grrr...
    and yes, i know they have been through a lot because of this... but they still deserve a really good talking to if they make it out of this!!

5. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

True.......true.:doh:

6. reb

reb New Member

i agree... people are getting dumber and dumber by the minute. well,, i hope you look real good with your TAN now.....!

7. deanws

deanws Former Member

It isn't even comfortable to lay on tracks. I can't understand this! :eek: :(

8. luthersmama

luthersmama Active Member

It looks like there is some decking along the side of the tracks. I am guessing that they were lying on the decking with their feet up on one rail.

9. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

I was thinking of saying this as well actually.

All joking aside, I hope these girls make a recovery and can move on with their lives.

10. drip~drop

drip~drop kiss a fuzzie

Hmmm. I wonder when they plan to announce their lawsuits for their brilliance?
    I mean really.............c'mon ...sunbathing on rr trax?:waitasec::banghead:
    Darn shame they had to learn the hard way. :(

11. pixies

pixies Former Member

Did they not hear the train coming right at them? I live a mile from RRX and I can hear them!

These people are stupid.

12. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

Maybe they had their iPods on full blast.

13. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

They need to put up some kind of barrier on that trestle if a boy was hit on there riding his bike last year as well. A barrier to keep stupid people off it.

14. bnhall

bnhall Former Member

I feel sorry for these girls because their stupid mistake will affect them for the rest of their lives.

That said, every time I hear a story about someone getting hit by a train, I think of my grandpa. He drove a BNSF train for 40+ years. He hit a few people through the years because they were on the tracks and he couldn't stop in time. He had to go to court because sometimes families just cannot admit that it was their loved one's fault that they got hit. After he hit someone, he would be depressed for a while. It's a hard thing to deal with. Pretty much every person who works on a train will hit someone eventually (in my experience from growing up in a railroad town).

15. vermontn03

vermontn03 Former Member

My thoughts exactly because they said on the news that the train blew its whistle at them.

16. TheShadow

TheShadow New Member

Maybe they thought that the train would turn at the last minute! DOH!

Very hard way to learn a lesson, but holy carp these girls are stupid. I knew better than to do something like that at 8 years old.

17. pixies

pixies Former Member

Oh my daughters would love to speak with your grandpa! They are all into trains and while my 12 year old daughter wants to be a pastry chef she has decided if that doesn't work out she wants to be a conductor.

My 4 year said she would only drive a pink train with wings on it. :rolleyes:

18. absinthe

absinthe Former Member

That is adorable! I can just picture it, "Fairy Princess Railways".

19. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

I wonder if they were trying to committ suicide or has it been ruled out? I mean who lays out on railroad tracks and doesnt move when they hear a train comming.

20. eve

eve New Member

I hear the train loud and clear two or three times a day near our house. I know a guy whose brother works on the train going through our town and the suicides really get to him. He has hit three people who were committing suicide. It is horrible. At the site of one of the suicides the guy who did it sprayed "I had a good run" on the train switch box. I see that every day. I feel so sorry for the train personnel who have to read it every day too.

Eve