SuperDave arrested?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Roy23

Roy23 Well-Known Member

Dude come on. You didn't bring SD here. He was here WAY before you. WAY WAY WAY before.

potr likes this.
  2. LifeCitizen

LifeCitizen Active Member

I came here when my son was 6, the same age JonBenet was when she died. He's now 20. That's 14 years ago.

Elainera likes this.
  3. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

neesaki, Lilibet, MsGazette and 4 others like this.
  4. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

8paws, NanaNZA, Tortoise and 3 others like this.
  5. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

What can't you believe, that DH/SD is a child molester?

Reading your posts is scary stuff, a man from this site sends a pic of himself to your private address and you had a small child at the time. This is paedophile behaviour and you fell for it. This guy is no expert in anything but grooming parents into allowing him into their lives. smh

k-mac, MountE, RubyHill and 6 others like this.
  6. SunVenus

SunVenus Well-Known Member

Well colour me stunned. I go away for a month of holidays and look what happens. Thanks DH, this is why we can't have nice things. (Yes, I am being sarcastic.)

We do have nice things (e.g. this website, a mostly amazing group of civic-minded posters, etc.) but I think we are all sadly a bit wiser about just who may be behind a keyboard. I wish to the heavens it weren't so. :( All of us are clearly shocked and deeply saddened at the abuse of children, and some of our innocence was lost when it turns out that the perpetrator was once considered "one of us". But this is what these crimes against children do-- not just the horrific abuse, they steal innocence and sense of safety. Not only the kids, but their families and friends, the folks in kind communities like Websleuths that come together to assist, even the friends and families of the accused. It's an ugly, ugly, utterly despicable situation.

That being said, I hope to see the wheels of justice turn correctly in DH's case. I hope he faces up to what he may have done (saying "may" as he hasn't yet been tried and convicted-- I still believe in "innocent until proven guilty") and mainly I wish that the victims and all concerned in this case get the assistance and closure they need.

Germane to this issue with us at Websleuths, I hope we all remain strong, we don't become too wildly suspicious of others, and if it comes to it, we do not hesitate to act when things seem a bit off. All of us with grace and aplomb, moving on together.

7. LifeCitizen

'What can't you believe, that DH/SD is a child molester?

Reading your posts is scary stuff, a man from this site sends a pic of himself to your private address and you had a small child at the time. This is paedophile behaviour and you fell for it. This guy is no expert in anything but grooming parents into allowing him into their lives. smh'

Yes, I can't believe SD is a child molester- I know it's true but nothing from his posts made me think he was. He had a lot of people fooled, not just me.

I live in Australia, he lives in America- there was zero chance anything could have happened to my son.

He was just a lonely guy and we kind of became friends, it had nothing to do with his pedophile behaviour. I felt sorry for him.

Elainera, kaykay543 and SunVenus like this.
  8. Lilibet

BBM

Yes, he did have a lot of people fooled, including the neighbor lady who “felt sorry for him” when his mother died and sort of took him in...allowing him to play with the children in her home. He played on her sympathy, gained access to the children and sexually abused them. Eliciting sympathy was his modus operendi. So, even though you lived far away, and I don’t even know if he knew you had a son, I think it’s important to realize that he wasn’t just an innocent “lonely guy” who needed a friend. Had you kept in touch, he might have asked for photos of your son, or even tried to visit you...because gaining your trust based on your kindness feeling sorry for a “lonely guy” is grooming behavior. That doesn’t reflect on you in any way, but it’s a good lesson in how pedophiles operate...and we all can become more aware.

k-mac, TRB, Grapey and 11 others like this.
  9. LifeCitizen

I hear what you're saying.

But there's no way I would have let him visit me, and I wouldn't have sent him photo's of my son, I might be kind but I'm not stupid.

Still, it's a valuable lesson.

k-mac, Safeguard, Elainera and 3 others like this.
  10. SunVenus

@PrimeSuspect

Hey now gang!

Let's all take it easy.

@LifeCitizen had no idea about DH. They were simply stating a fact-- they felt empathy for one who seemed lonely. Look at how often people get taken in by "Nigerian Prince" extortion emails, or by MLM schemes, or by sexual oddballs (sorry for the flippant use of "oddballs" but I've had a glass of Chardonnay and can't think of a good word to cover all manner of harmful sexual practices), common criminals, or your ordinary, run of the mill catfisher. Or that "frenemy" who takes and never gives. Or the family member who can't be trusted to keep their mouth shut over personal info. All of us have been there in one way or another. And that is actually GOOD news-- would you rather lose all your compassion and humanity, be in a hyper-vigilant stance 24/7? Not saying we aren't to be careful, but to shut off all compassion and faith & hope in our fellow man? That seems rather hellish to me.

LifeCitizen obviously has a good heart, and has learnt a tough lesson. And let's face it-- all of us have at least once trusted someone we ought not have. Let's not cast stones.

Many of us would never have suspected that DH is alleged to have committed-- or even be suspected of-- such crimes.

As @Lilibet pointed out "...because gaining your trust based on your kindness feeling sorry for a “lonely guy” is grooming behavior. That doesn’t reflect on you in any way, but it’s a good lesson in how pedophiles operate...and we all can become more aware."

Amen to that. And sometimes those lessons are very hard. Instead of bickering, let's all uplift each other right now, yes? Let's not allow the nasty DH stuff deter us all from what is the main topic.

/preachy mode off

P.S. I am not wearing rose-coloured glasses. 29 years ago I was the victim of a violent kidnapping and sexual assault. It took me years of therapy to be even a little bit trustful of people again. And in some things I will NEVER trust again. But I refuse to be held hostage to one horrifying night. But you can bet your booty that I learned from that experience. And now I can live with those lessons and can have a highly favourable opinion of my fellow humans in general. The bad we see is just a teensy iota of what people can be or do. I'd say that this forum is a damned good example-- but for one or two rotten apples-- to see the best in what people can be: compassionate, forgiving, helpful, inquisitive, rational, strong, undefeated.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    k-mac, TRB, Lavender Moon and 12 others like this.
  11. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Put it this way, I would never friend a person on any public forum to the point of giving them my personal home address, but that's just me.
    I am extremely cautious though because i have been on previous true crime forums, not WS and there were some real nutters on there, who wanted to know everything about a person they focused on and another one that did the big sympathy trip to the point peeps even sent her money. Her MO was eventually revealed.
    So can't ever be too careful, IMO.

12. SunVenus

Yes. This.

Call it "careful compassion" in this day and age. Be safe, but don't wall yourself off to the real good deeds and folks who are out there. They by far outweigh the bad ones.

13. SunVenus

So back to focus on DH.

IIRC (and if I am mistaken, someone please correct me) DH had also done some good investigating into Alex Hunter and the subsequent Boulder DAs-- barring this new(ish) good one-- who totally dropped the ball by not following up on the recommended Grand Jury indictments of J&PR.

DH may be a creep (not yet proven, but ain't looking so hot) but his points seemed spot on about just what a disaster this whole JBR case has proven to be, from a legal POV.

I'd like to know if anyone else here has looked into those aspects, and if so, what you have uncovered.

Thanks in advance!

Lavender Moon likes this.
  14. Roy23

Roy23 Well-Known Member

Very disappointed in this although it very likely is a false confession.

SunVenus, Safeguard and searchinGirl like this.
  15. SunVenus

Plenty o' other places for that all over other websites. Long term members in good standing here already know who and what to look at, (par example, the current glory hound "perp" thus far lacks on basic evidence, in many key factors.) So-- if you have special info or insight, do as others do-- write a blog! Get an actually fact-based article approved by a news site! Get vetted by Trish and/or other mods and have at it! But for now unless a real fact complex comes up corroborating these sorts of trash "confessions", it is beyond our scope of discussion-- especially on this thread. We've no need for another JMK circus. Once burnt, twice shy, right? Remember what a detriment his fake confession was? If not, if you are that new, look it up. It was beyond ugly for everyone concerned. JBR ain't a "getcher kix abuse thread"; this was a real child who died and deserves more than tabloid shite mentioning. Sorry to get pithy, but I have zero level interest in another likely liar who gets his kicks being thought of as a child abuser. If he's not he is scum. If he is, he is scum. And if his "confession" is merely for shits and giggles, he deserves a kick where his pants fit most snuggly-- from a veritable conga line of humanity.

I am not coming down wholly on you, Roy. Sorry to sound so aggressive. But FFS it has been, what 22 years? In that time enough info has come to light where we can likely dismiss randos attempting infamy. Let's take the nutters with a grain of salt, and look again at the facts: someone in that house that night knows the truth. It may not be pretty, and I, for one, think it may have been a family accident spun out of control. We all want justice for JBR.

And if the current claiming asshat turns out to be the actual perp-- well, I will eat my hat. Just give me ten seconds to tuck some salt in it. :)

Again @Roy23, I'm sorry to sound so aggro at you. It's not you my friend, chalk it up to 2 decades of being led off on a primrose path. You're fine in my book. We all want answers!

16. Roy23

Roy23 Well-Known Member

I am a long time member. I was here for JMK and fought with SD daily. And an IDI. But I know that isn't looked kindly on here <modsnip>. I also believe that blaming a family without proof is wrong. This case was screwed from Day 1 when the police showed up and its a shame for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  17. searchinGirl

searchinGirl Well-Known Member

Don’t give up Roy. It might be solved someday. Maybe even soon. You just never know. There are other blogs out there. The user Voynich, who is now redpill is one of them. Google them together and you might find it. Or pm me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    Safeguard and bears10 like this.
  18. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Thank you, you've said it much better than I could. My intention was to highlight SD's clever way of sucking people in and these people are none the wiser. Even another country isn't a deterrent as we well know, they will travel long distances for their prize or encourage their targets to visit them.

SunVenus, Lilibet and searchinGirl like this.
  19. Lilibet

Thanks. This has been a lesson in red flags for all of us, while at the same time not wanting to be suspicious of everyone. There was a thread downstairs in the parking lot started by a Mom whose teen son was being groomed by an older guy online and was planning to visit. She needed advice about how to handle her son and the whole situation. It was very scary. I don’t know what ended up happening, but I remember how helpless she felt because her son had been sucked in and didn’t believe her. We have no idea what DH has been doing since the family with the children got him out of their lives. It’s possible he has befriended others online closer to home.

20. LifeCitizen

DH lived at home with his Mum.

He had no job and no money, least of all to be flying around the world.

Lavender Moon, SunVenus and MaryNo like this.