SuperDave arrested?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

@SeesSeas - any updates for next "deadline" or a court hearing since the 9/25 deadline?

TIA! :)

2. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

CM/ECF - U.S. District Court - Vermont (LIVE)-login
    U.S. District Court
    District of Vermont (Rutland)
    CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 5:19-cr-00001-gwc All Defendants

Case title: USA v. Hughes
    Magistrate judge case number: 2:18-mj-00171-jmc

Date Filed # Docket Text
    08/28/201933 ORDER granting 32 Unopposed Motion for Extension of Time to File Pretrial Motions as to David Hughes (1). Pretrial motions are due by 9/24/2019. Signed by Chief Judge Geoffrey W. Crawford on 8/28/2019. (esb) (Entered: 08/28/2019)

09/24/201934 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements by David Hughes. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A)(Johnson, Barclay) (Entered: 09/24/2019)

10/03/201935 UNOPPOSED MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply re: 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements by USA as to David Hughes. (Gilman, Andrew) Event/Text clarified on 10/3/2019 (jlh) (Entered: 10/03/2019)

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Ok....I am going to need some time to digest this news. I’ve been away from Websleuths but had previously interacted with SuperDave - a lot.

I found him to be very knowledgeable and had a good grasp of the subject matter & the PSYCHOLOGY of the subject. Little did any of us know ...he had first hand experience. How often do we get to pick the brains of those WE SEEK in hopes of solving crimes?

My thoughts & prayers go out to his victims and the families FIRST and foremost.
    I hope they will all get JUSTICE .....

Back to SuperDave ...the need for me to understand how & why child predator’s think the way they do, will send me back to read every single post he made and to re-read his book. Yes, I bought it, he even autographed it for me. Gag.

This reminds me of Silence of the Lambs ...and we are all Clairese.

STUNNED I TELL YA, STUNNED.... but oddly ...not surprised.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  4. Linda7NJ

Right???

5. Linda7NJ

I’ve been OBSESSED with this case from the day it was first reported. I can’t let it go.

6. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

CM/ECF - U.S. District Court - Vermont (LIVE)-login
    U.S. District Court
    District of Vermont (Rutland)
    CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 5:19-cr-00001-gwc All Defendants
    Case title: USA v. Hughes
    Magistrate judge case number: 2:18-mj-00171-jmc

Date Filed # Docket Text
    10/09/2019 36 ORDER granting 35 MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply re: 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements as to David Hughes. Time extended to October 22, 2019. Signed by Chief Judge Geoffrey W. Crawford on 10/9/2019. (This is a text-only Order.) (jal) (Entered: 10/09/2019)
    10/22/2019 37 RESPONSE in Opposition to 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements by USA as to David Hughes. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit 1)(Gilman, Andrew) (Entered: 10/22/2019)
    10/31/2019 38 RESPONSE in Opposition to Request for Hearing by USA as to David Hughes re 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements.(Gilman, Andrew) Text clarified on 10/31/2019 (jlh). (Entered: 10/31/2019)
    11/05/2019 39 UNOPPOSED MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply re: 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements by David Hughes. (Attachments: # 1 Proposed Order)(Quinn, Elizabeth) (Entered: 11/05/2019)
    11/05/2019 40 ORDER granting 39 Unopposed Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to David Hughes (1). Reply due 11/12/2019. Signed by Chief Judge Geoffrey W. Crawford on 11/5/2019. (esb) (Entered: 11/05/2019)
    11/12/2019 41 REPLY to Response to 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements and in support of request for a Franks hearing by David Hughes. (Johnson, Barclay) (Entered: 11/12/2019)

PACER Service Center
    Transaction Receipt 11/14/2019 10:22:48
    Description: Docket Report
    Search Criteria: 5:19-cr-00001-gwc
    Billable Pages: 4
    Cost: 0.40

7. Hoosgirl

Hoosgirl Well-Known Member

I didn't know what a Frank's hearing was so looked it up ... interesting.

Franks Hearing Law and Legal Definition
    Franks Hearing is a hearing to determine whether a police officer's affidavit used to obtain a search warrant that yields incriminating evidence was based on false statements by the police officer.

<snip>

At this hearing, the defendant has the burden of proving the allegations by a preponderance of the evidence. If an affiant's material perjury or recklessness is established by a preponderance of the evidence, the warrant must be voided and evidence or testimony gathered pursuant to it must be excluded.

Franks Hearing Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

8. BoldBear

BoldBear Active Member

This is something that enters my head from time to time so I come here. I only know Dave as a JB expert here (especially the politics behind the investigation.) I view this with a sense of horror. He was always the one who said it doesn't matter if someone looks innocent. People you don't suspect are capable of incredibly horrible things. If he doesn't get convicted, I'll always hold suspicion. If he does, then I think I'll have a sense of closure.

I really don't understand why I feel betrayed. Dave's a stranger. I know nothing about him. He could have been a murder in prison for all I knew, but I never imagined him that way.

9. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

BB

It's been a year since JH's arrest.

I now feel that SD is little more than just a compilation of words on a page;

fictitious.

A pedophile, before and since his inception over at WbbS decades ago.

( self edit)

A con.

A duper.

A man with a Cinderella complex wrt JonBenet.

A fantasist.

A soul sucking vampire.

A real peace of ****.

As a human being he betrayed humanity,

a family and three children.

It's okay and understandable if you feel betrayed.

Take care BB.

10. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

SS, thank you so much for your continual updates on the case.

11. Niner

Anything new on the court site @SeesSeas - last I have was 10/22. About a request for a Frank hearing. TIA! [​IMG]

GoBuckeyes and searchinGirl like this.
  12. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

10/22 ?
    My last post was 11/14 which reflected a docket entry dated 11/12 about the Franks hearing request.
    Too soon to check Pacer.gov so that I don't get a large bill from the feds. Perhaps mid-DEC. ;)

11/12/2019 41 REPLY to Response to 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements and in support of request for a Franks hearing by David Hughes. (Johnson, Barclay) (Entered: 11/12/2019)

13. Niner

Oops - sorry - I must have missed that.... :rolleyes: I shall update my notes! ;)

14. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

Anyone have an update on this case? Thank you.

margarita25 likes this.
  15. Niner

for the latest see SeesSeas's post #786....

GoBuckeyes likes this.
  16. GoBuckeyes

That poor mother. I'm sure that she would agree that protecting her children is her first responsibility, and I'm almost certain that at the time, she felt she was. There are several activities that span across age groups that can legitimately bring together a 10/11 year old and an adult. Video games and sports are two that come to mind for me right away. When I was around that age, I used to shoot hoops with a neighbor. He was in his early to mid 20s. He was nothing but a very kind neighbor who encouraged me and gave me basketball tips.

byo, Sophie, Elainera and 1 other person like this.
  17. GoBuckeyes

Am I correct when I take this to mean, LE can lie to a suspect, but they can't lie to a judge in an affidavit to secure a search warrant?

BadRx likes this.
  18. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

Eeeeww:(

NoClouseau and Sophie like this.
  19. Sophie

Sophie Well-Known Member

This is something I'll admit to finding particularly troubling. I keep thinking of a thread many years ago which ended up including diagrams of prepubescent genitals and all sorts of questionable things. I recall several of us expressing concern about whether we really needed to delve into this level of detail, especially since none of us was a paediatric medical professional and it seemed - at least to my mind - like a further violation of JonBenet. Dave agreed that it was perhaps disagreeable but it was necessary if we were going to solve the case. Ironically, another poster was banned following this thread while David carried on regardless. In hindsight, this seems incredible. But so many of us were absolutely taken in by him. As I mentioned elsewhere, I thought Dave was a super guy who had overcome a very difficult youth. It is genuinely terrifying how plausible predators can seem.

20. Sophie

Sophie Well-Known Member

PS. Another thing I've been thinking about in terms of Dave slipping under the radar is many of us have had spells where we spent more time on here than is strictly healthy, these episodes have been relatively short and we've returned to much more moderate patterns. I recall suffering appalling insomnia when I was pregnant with my last child and being on here at all hours. Dave, however, was always "on." If other posters had been as prolific as him over such a lengthy period of time, they might have noticed something seriously amiss. As it is, I don't think anyone quite saw the extent of his obsession.

GoBuckeyes and Kiranerys like this.