SuperDave arrested?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Sophie

Sophie Well-Known Member

That's an excellent point. There are so many innocent reasons for adults spending time with kids and stories like David's add another layer to the suspicion parents feel about anyone taking an interest in their offspring.

2. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

The whole situation robs children of innocent opportunities for legitimate encouragement and instruction from non-family authority figures. I certainly can't blame parents for being suspicious and on guard. I'm not sure if more structured outreach programs do any better at diminishing the risk to children. (Scouts, rec centers, etc.) I'm an 80s/90s child. For anyone with a better sense of historical trends, is the problem better, worse, or about the same, iyo? TIA

3. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

The victims include Dave's niece and also his 2 brothers, correct? This is beyond tragic! How does a family even begin to cope and start to heal when he keeps dragging out the proceedings?

4. pixiepie76

pixiepie76 New Member

I discovered this site a few days ago, and have been pouring over the JonBenet case for days now, because I grew up with it and it struck my immediate interest. I have to say after all the videos I've watched and articles I've read over the past few days, this thread has been the most disturbing thing thus far. It has made me both angry and physically ill. Yes, this guy was abused as a child. Abusers always have a history of childhood abuse. A person has to decide that they're not going to continue the cycle and seek therapy to deal with the repercussions of childhood abuse. This person did not do that. They chose to act on their aggression and sexual deviancies and absolutely, 100% deserve whatever they get! The damage they did to those children is unforgivable and that is something they will have to answer for. They can ask for forgiveness and atonement until the cows come home, but they ultimately made a decision to do damage to individual lives and they can't take that back. Kharma inevitably will meet up with them in the end.

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

@pixiepie76 Welcome to WS. I agree with everything you said above!

6. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

CM/ECF - U.S. District Court - Vermont (LIVE)-login
    U.S. District Court
    District of Vermont (Rutland)
    CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 5:19-cr-00001-gwc All Defendants
    Case title: USA v. Hughes
    Magistrate judge case number: 2:18-mj-00171-jmc
    Defendant (1)
    David Hughes
    also known as
    GOV

Date Filed # Docket Text
    11/12/2019 41 REPLY to Response to 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements and in support of request for a Franks hearing by David Hughes. (Johnson, Barclay) (Entered: 11/12/2019)
    11/25/2019 42 ORDER on Request for a Hearing re 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements as to David Hughes. Within 10 days, Defendant shall submit a proffer or other explanation of why testimony from witnesses is necessary to supplement the transcript of Detective Ashe's interview. Signed by Chief Judge Geoffrey W. Crawford on 11/25/2019. (esb) (Entered: 11/25/2019)
    12/05/2019 43 RESPONSE to Order re 34 MOTION to Suppress Evidence and Statements by David Hughes. (Johnson, Barclay) Text clarified on 12/6/2019 (jlh). (Entered: 12/05/2019)
    ===============

PACER Service Center
    Billable Pages: 4 Cost: 0.40

7. Kudzu

Kudzu Well-Known Member

I’ve been on WS for awhile, have been on the JonBenet site, respected SuperDave’s posts, saw he was listed as “former member” and just assumed he had passed away... OMG!!!!!! This certainly opened my eyes and helped me better understand victim families’ POVs about “the last person we would ever have expected...”