Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

Does anyone here have a link to where Dick Tracy :giggle: was questioned about WS? I was at work and missed it! And I'd like to add it to the testimony thread. :tyou:

Does anyone here have a link to where Dick Tracy :giggle: was questioned about WS? I was at work and missed it! And I'd like to add it to the testimony thread. :tyou:

I'm sure you can find it here somewhere

http://www.cfnews13.com/casey-anthony

I saw it live today myself and they never actually said WS or even hinted at the site. Only online media and his name he selected for his membership here.

And he didn't question Dick Tracey, he questioned Dt. Melich and tried to insult him by calling out his name used online. HAD he not approached in that horrible manner I bet he would have been permitted to question him further regarding it.

"Have you ever used any other names"

OBJECTION
SUSTAINED

Then he tried to ask a different way something similar to what news 13 say's here:

"Baez tried to begin cross-examination by asking Melich if he was also known by the name "Dick Tracy Orlando.""

OBJECTION
SIDEBAR

All because he wants to show Dt. Melich had bias towards the "missing child" case approaching the case as if it were a murder case. THEN wth does he need to INSULT the DT. for? That shows something completely different and Perry sees through that 100%...
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...nys-brother-Orange-County-deputies-to-testify

I'm sure this has been posted but in case it has not Yuri Melich WAS NOT REPRIMANDED. He was asked to stop posting. It was NO BIG DEAL.

I feel so bad for the guy. Jeesh.

OK. A producer from the Nancy Grace show called and asked me a few questions. She said she would pass along the correct info ( about the non-reprimand) to the staff.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Nancy sets the record straight.

Without question Yuri Melich is a very decent, hard working, and truly a great person. It is so wrong to have someone like Baez in his face like he was today.

He was never actually questioned about it. After JB asked him out of the gate, there was an objection, then sidebar. The jury was then removed, and it was discussed. I will find the video.... brb

Kimster he wasn't questioned about WS. Only did he go by a different name by Baez. He didn't respond because the State objected and it was sustained. Then Baez asked if he knew who"Dick Tracy Orlando" was and again objection, then sustained. Jurors dismissed and sidebar. So no testimony.

(searching...) can someone kindly tell me where my last post here went?? curious to know.....hope i din nuttn wrong :(

Did the hearing outside the presence of the jury make it into the "testimony" segment? I watched it live and Baez read a post that he claimed proved that Cpl. Melich was unprofessional. It was supposedly posted on 9/29/08.

Thanks,

kma367

:takeabow: YURI! :takeabow:

:clap: :loveyou: :cheer: :highfive:

Thanks for JB's :thewhip: :slap: :python: :croc: today!

Maybe later . . . :toastred: . . . ????

Did the hearing outside the presence of the jury make it into the "testimony" segment? I watched it live and Baez read a post that he claimed proved that Cpl. Melich was unprofessional. It was supposedly posted on 9/29/08.

Thanks,

kma367

The jury didn't hear anything past the Dick Tracy comment!

Yuri, TY for addressing the Jurors with your testimony. You are truely a "Stand-Up" guy in every sense of the word.

It is a pleasure to listen to your testimony and see that you did everything in a very Professional Manor during the investigation of this case.

I hope after this is all said and done that you will come back and discuss with us your
take on things as they transpired during your involvement - if that is possible. We will be waiting to hear from you.

And know that WS members have the utmost Respect for you. Think this makes JB jealous? LOL (sorry mods couldn't help it - no time out please). TY

Thanks!!! That isn't, to the best of my recollection, what Baez read during that hearing. What I can remember was it was supposedly a post in which DTO stated emphatically that any claims about an accident are B.S. (I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact wording), or something to that effect. It wasn't anything like the other posts that I read here. The judge, bless him, went on to read a post from 9/21/08 in which DTO stated that he'd trained his dogs to retrieve the remote and mentioned that his Dane drools.

kma367

IMO, the fact that Jose opened his cross, with this alternate name question, proves what little he had to go on with Yuri. It looked pathetic, especially given the fact that Yuri posted nothing about the case (and told us in the beginning he would adhere to that). Yuri even asked us to pray for the Anthony's because they were going through so much pain (and this was at a time when most of us would have found it very hard to do so).

Yuri was a class act on the stand today (he always is).

Fantastic job today Yuri! Caylee was with you today, as she has been from the moment you arrived on this case. She, as well as all of your WS fans, know you are OUTSTANDING and dedicated to finding the truth and justice for the true victims. :rocker: You ROCK !!!!!!! :rocker:

JB is just upset he does not have a thread dedicated to him and his fine work for justice.

Everyone has times in their life where they are so shocked, so surprised at something, that they will always remember everything about that moment.

With HLN blaring in the background I was sitting here trying to make sense of some technical things and trying to decide if I should continue to read or head straight to Taco Bell for a burrito supreme with extra cheese when I heard, "Dick Tracy Orlando."

If a naked man showed up sucking a pacifier wearing ruby slippers, and singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida I couldn't have been more surprised.

But I knew the topic would be brought up I just didn't realized the bizarre manner in which Baez would bring it up.

This will not be the last time that something on Websleuths is brought up IMO.

I became another Yuri fan today. What a wonderful, decent, well-spoken man. I'm completely impressed and inspired by this man. He did a fantastic job in court. I'm so grateful that Caylee has him on her side.

Everyone has times in their life where they are so shocked, so surprised at something, that they will always remember everything about that moment.

With HLN blaring in the background I was sitting here trying to make sense of some technical things and trying to decide if I should continue to read or head straight to Taco Bell for a burrito supreme with extra cheese when I heard, "Dick Tracy Orlando."

If a naked man showed up sucking a pacifier wearing ruby slippers, and singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida I couldn't have been more surprised.

But I knew the topic would be brought up I just didn't realized the bizarre manner in which Baez would bring it up.

This will not be the last time that something on Websleuths is brought up IMO.
BBM

Omg lol I'm sorry but that was funny!!! Been a long day!

Yuri, if you read this, I think you're the hero of this whole performance. You were the best witness to date, and your professionalism is beyond reproach and an example that a lot of the other so-called professionals related to this case could learn from. You did well, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who applauds you. :peace:

I so admire and appreciate the way Detective Melich handled this case with much patience, intelligence, determination and integrity. I hold this man in very high regard.

2 points -
1st and foremost WTG YM!!! You continue as always to be professional and stick up for a little girl who is no longer able to speak for herself :(
2nd JB you can show up to court with 7 pages of WS comments but forget AH file...please...maybe just maybe if you spent as much time on the case as you did here things wouldn't be so bad?????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back