Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

You can be sure the folks at OCSO read his posts, IF he had given out ANYTHING he could have totally destroyed a case (He didn't though). He may have been scolded in your eyes but from the LE point of view he was just told to stop.
No way in the world would he be in internal investigations now if there was a dirty mark on his name.... certainly not a reprimand.

Keep looking at the jury Yuri, they deserve the respect you give them unlike someone else on the floor.

He should not have went on a messageboard PERIOD. Look what happened to Strickland. jmo

He should not have went on a messageboard PERIOD. Look what happened to Strickland. jmo

I don't feel he did anything wrong. In this day and age to expect people not to be online is unrealistic. IMO

The only reason, I believe, that he was asked to stop was because of a complaint in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember the Danielle Van Dam case? In post conviction interviews, the highly regarded prosecutor Jeff Dusek admitted that they got a key piece of evidence from an idea they saw on an online forum (although at the time he called it "chat room") He was not embarassed to admit it!

Here's a link about it. I feel like faxing it to Baez.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/danielle/20021212-9999_7m12westy.html

Det Melich I appreciate you using everyone's first names and actually getting them right! Even though you keep getting corrected from "Casey" to "Miss Anthony..."

I appreciate you using "Casey" and "Cindy" and "Caylee Marie."

When it is "Miss Anthony" and "Mrs Anthony" nobody can hear the difference. At least Casey and Cindy sound different enough to tell the difference.

Oh yeah... and Det Melich has got to be the most patient person on the planet. If he was ever accused of losing his temper I would find it very hard to believe.

If he keeps his cool with Baez... then I think he can tolerate anyone. It's hard to make me angry but Baez does it!

Detective Melich, thank you for your professionalism. You were awesome on the stand!
:woohoo::great::woohoo:

Great job on the stand, Yuri! You handled JB with the utmost professionalism...not that he deserved it. I knew when he brought up the online conversation what he was going to try. What he didn't realize is that you were so thorough in your investigation & hurting the chances of a conviction was not an option! Good luck & excellent job....thanks for being Caylee's angel!!

I was literally yelling at the TV today listening to Jose question Yuri about why he didn't pursue the possibility of an accident with Casey. Are you freaking kidding me??? How many times did LE give Casey an opportunity to come clean and admit an accident and every single time she said nope, it was the nanny. For months and years she claimed kidnapping and never once gave any indication it was an accident. Jose has some serious cajones!!! I give big kudos to Yuri for keeping it together so well on the stand.

If Jose's defense theory were true (which we all obviously know it is not) then he should be very humbly apologizing to every single person who volunteered their precious time to search for poor little Caylee for 5 months, to every police officer who worked tirelessly to look for that baby, to every citizen that worried about their kids being in danger, etc, etc.... HE should be apologizing for his piece of garbage client and not pointing fingers.

Casey and the Defense Team all live in a fantasy land. A very dangerous one. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Casey is a cold, ruthless, maniacal liar, manipulator and murderer and I truly believe that not only should there be justice for Caylee, but to preserve the safety of every citizen out there, that sociopath should be locked away forever!!! If you believe for a second she is anything less than that, you have been duped.

Yuri,

Congratulations on your promotion! You deserve that promotion too! Thank you for the incredible integrity you constantly show. Your Family must be proud and thank them too for I know they have had to sacrificed a lot in order for you to do that Job!

I'm a fan!

Lera

QUOTE=Betty Boop;6603117]Detective Melich, thank you for your professionalism. You were awesome on the stand!
:woohoo::great::woohoo:[/QUOTE]

I love you Yuri! :yourock:

Thank you for always referring to this beautiful child as "Caylee Marie." It puts tears in my eyes everytime I hear you say her name. You are a true hero sir!

Just a simple thank you. You were great today. I realize how difficult this most be for you and so appreciate all that you have done for Caylee Marie.

Thank you Yuri Melich! Thanks to all of your colleagues in law enforcement as well! Even if you can't post here, I sure hope that you can read all the comments.

Snipped by me for space
If Jose's defense theory were true (which we all obviously know it is not) then he should be very humbly apologizing to every single person who volunteered their precious time to search for poor little Caylee for 5 months, to every police officer who worked tirelessly to look for that baby, to every citizen that worried about their kids being in danger, etc, etc....

Good point! I wonder if the State could file criminal charges against Casey for filing a false report.

Wow, just finished watching the end of yesterday. You did fantastic, thank you for being able to testify in a straight forward way...I think I would have punched something once I got outside the court room

Very professional, handled himself very,very well in spite if the lack of respect given him by the DT

I was poking around some old threads looking for something that's been on the tip of my mind and it's been bugging me since Jose's OS. I still haven't found what I was looking for, but I did stumble across the Muffin/Cookie letters. I started to go through to re-read some, others I scanned.

As I was perusing the letters I started to notice that Casey likes to use quotation marks "a lot" and underlines words throughout her letters. It reminded me of Yuri's testimony when Jose strapped on his "sneer" and went bazarnky (Jose+snarky) during his cross. Jose demanded to know why Yuri didn't take out his detective decoder and sleuth out Casey's backward clue when she wrote "home" in quotation marks.

"Really Jose." Please don't try that angle "again." Muffin's letters are a "hodgepodge" of inane writings full of bad punctuation. No decoder required.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf

Thanks for reviving this thread. I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it anywhere!

"Yuri"...there are no words to adequately express my admiration for your professionalism, genuine concern and sincere desire for justice for our Caylee Marie; whom has become "America's Child", (quotations intentionally included to show emphasis - :wink:).

Congrats on the promotion and best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

First class, absolutely outstanding law officer. It was a treat to hear him doing his job.
With a man like this in high places the world would be a better one.
Thank you Mr Melich

I read here every day, for hours, and still have not seen the results for the contest involving Yuri. I voted every day, and then Phoof! I never heard another word. Could someone give me some info? Thanks.

I heard this existed, and finally decided to visit. It definately brought a smile to my face and I wanted to send a thank you to you all. Thank you for your prayers, your support, and your kind words of encouragement. Also thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront. We all are working for her. She's much more than one person or one agency now. I can only hope that we find her soon so these many thousands of people who have been enveloped by this case can find some closure.

As to the leg, Blink was almost right. It broke in three places. A spiral fracture towards the bottom of the left leg (Tibia bone) and two linear fractures one on top and one of the bottom of the fibula. It came during a professenicy ride for the motors unit, of which I recently started cross-training in before this case errupted. I did good the first time around, but in the second time I well... let's say I'm here now. Anyway, Doc's say 6-8 weeks and its' an internal cast with titanium rod and some screws. No external cast which I suppose is good.

Anyhow, thanks again for your support and please continue to keep the Anthony family in your prayers.

Yuri.

I thought I might bump this post again.

I am so greatful that Caylee has Det. Yuri Melich devoted to her and the crimes against her.

He was wise enough to know that the Anthonys needed our prayers above all else. They're in my prayers.

Hearts and flowers also to Tricia Griffith, and everyone who works here to ensure that dignity is maintained in a case where dignity was one of the first victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back