Support Thread: Fellow WS'ers

Yesterdays acquittal actually made me ill, I was nauseous and couldn't eat, then started shaking and ended up with a low fever and aching all over. Spent an uncomfortable night sweating then chilling. I'm still grieving over this and know I will for awhile, tho we all have to move on.

Wow what a great group of people are here at WS's. So many of us have never met any of the Anthony family yet we all grieve so much for poor little Caylee Marie.

Wow what a great group of people are here at WS's. So many of us have never met any of the Anthony family yet we all grieve so much for poor little Caylee Marie.

Yes, we all grieve this little girl who has been forgotten by her family, and we will hold each other up as we deal with the verdict. I read the posts on here and I hear very real hurt, pain, and anguish over the outcome. I hear disappointment, disbelief, and loss of hope. I hope everyone who has these feelings will reach deep within themselves and find the strength to continue on for all of the other victims out there who need us to remember them. We cannot give up because of this let down. We MUST continue to be a voice for those who's voices were lost! My father used to tell me when I was down that I needed to grab myself by the bootstraps and pull myself up. I hear his voice now telling me that. I miss him very much. Stay strong, everyone. We will get through this.

I cannot take much more and am getting away from the internet. I am trying to think on what to do to restore some faith in the world, man oh man. Karma right? Please?
Thank you all so much for being a heaven for grieving.

"I've had the wind knocked out of me, but never the hurricane." Jeffrey McDaniel

:grouphug:

So glad to see this thread because I needed a place to vent my frustration. My power went out Monday night and didn't come back on until yesterday evening! After 3 years of following this case, I missed the verdict!!! And then, once I heard what the verdict was, I couldn't get on here to gripe (b word is censored) about it. Whoa is me!

I never thought there would be another OJ debacle...that it was just a fluke thing and the justice system is just fine. I really am in disbelief. I got an email that my tuition is going up in September 7% and I can barely afford it as it is. For the first time I sincerely considered quitting law school. What's the point? Lawyers are considered low life pond scum; jokes about not expecting much from 12 people not smart enough to get out of jury duty etc.

I didn't think this would bother me so much.

I'm angry. I'm angry that Baez and Mason will be getting publicity and this is what people will relate to in terms of lawyers - sleaze and zero integrity.

I do not believe that out of the 12 jurors NOT ONE connected the dots to guilt and had any nads to stand by his/her convictions.

I am angry that Judge Perry disallowed the state to excuse juror #4 for cause or use their peremptory because she was black and that he seemed willing to allow jurors to serve that had deadlines WAY too close to the end date for trial. Justice for Caylee should not be rushed because someone's got a cruise planned and he should know by know that things always take longer than planned. I feel that if the jurors disagreed and after a lengthy deliberation found her guilty they'd have to put in more time for the penalty phase. I really believe the jury didn't give a rip about that effed up family and in the end just wanted out of there.

I'm angry that Judge Perry bent over backwards for Baez...that he would not allow the jurors to smell the contents of that can.

I feel like the state was precluded from offering more evidence because of time constraints. I wish he would have gagged the defense team.

I have been angry with the Anthonys all along but now I'm really ticked at them. George, Cindy, Lee...be careful what you wish for because Thursday she's going to be all yours. But don't be shocked when you are the most hated family in America as you feed from the gravy train of Caylee's murder. You created your monster, all of you, and I hope having her back in your lives is your worst nightmare.

Well that's my rant. Glad I could vent. I feel deeply sorry for all the law enforcement officers and the prosecution team who worked so hard for Caylee. If I feel this badly, I imagine they are dry heaving. :(

I had been planning to go back to school to become a paralegal, but yesterday really sapped my enthusiasm for that, and I completely understand where you are right now.

But please, please, don't let this keep you from becoming a lawyer. We need good lawyers. We need strong prosecutors.
Within a year of graduation from law school, my son successfully prosecuted three cases of horrendous child abuse. He and his wife have adopted two children whose biological mother used to drug them and lock them in their rooms for days so she could party, and are already in the process of adopting more abused/neglected children.

Lawyers can do so much good - try to erase Baez from your memory and focus on the compassion and professionalism of Linda Drane Burdick. You have the opportunity to become a strong voice for those whose voices are too small to be heard.

_________________________-

I look at my grandchildren and I know that the only reason that they are my grandchildren is because their biological grandmother was willing to never see them again to protect them from their own mother. Her sacrifice is heartbreaking.
All I can do to thank her is to love her grandchildren and take them as my own.

You know what I think is driving me the most crazy, though I hate to admit it, not the justice for Caylee as much as the fact that my husband and I have been struggling this year because he lost his job. (so have a lot of others) and the idea that murderer or at the very least a child abuser is going to reap millions now, and of course you know she will, if she writes a "Casey's Story" or does interviews. etc.

Honestly I could MAYBE get over her getting off but her becoming a wealthy woman for killing her child is the thing that is just completely unbelievable to me.

She's already been offered a *advertiser censored*....I don't even thnk she's gonna need to stoop to that. She'll write memoir, everyone will say they won't buy it but lots of people will.

I really hope that there is some way for the judge to put a gag order on her as part of the sentences for lying.

I'm just really bummed by our country these days.

I had been planning to go back to school to become a paralegal, but yesterday really sapped my enthusiasm for that, and I completely understand where you are right now.

But please, please, don't let this keep you from becoming a lawyer. We need good lawyers. We need strong prosecutors.
Within a year of graduation from law school, my son successfully prosecuted three cases of horrendous child abuse. He and his wife have adopted two children whose biological mother used to drug them and lock them in their rooms for days so she could party, and are already in the process of adopting more abused/neglected children.

Lawyers can do so much good - try to erase Baez from your memory and focus on the compassion and professionalism of Linda Drane Burdick. You have the opportunity to become a strong voice for those whose voices are too small to be heard.

_________________________-

I look at my grandchildren and I know that the only reason that they are my grandchildren is because their biological grandmother was willing to never see them again to protect them from their own mother. Her sacrifice is heartbreaking.
All I can do to thank her is to love her grandchildren and take them as my own.

Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart. You are right - the one thing I MUST take away from this is that I'm not a young kid just out of college and easily influenced by the lawyers who simply believe it's a job and it's not about a search for the truth. I'm a woman of a certain age and I will not suspend my convictions for anything or anyone. I have always wanted to be a prosecutor. I was absolutely in awe of the way Linda and Jeff presented this case regardless of the circus of liars and clowns this case seemed to manufacture. I may be a bit of an idealist but I'd rather be one than be a sell- out. I'd rather have my ideals temporarily crushed from time to time than give up and let the system totally fall apart. I sent an email to one of my favorite professors and the response was - this was an exception; a freak show. Every day in courtrooms all over the country the system works very well, like it's supposed to. Occasionally something out of the ordinary happens and we've got to just get over it and keep fighting the good fight.

Tomorrow I am going into the DA's office and asking to be a volunteer law clerk. I have excellent grades and while I'm on the job search I can start learning the craft.

Thank you for sharing your son's story. Yes, everyone can do good things for our world in any capacity - thank you for reminding me why I started this journey into law in the first place. Fortunately you and others have reminded me that I always rub some dirt on it and get back in the game. Never been a quitter and won't start now.

I will need chlorine bleach to scrub JB and CM from my subconscious memory and turn off In Session or HLN. I am seriously done with those programs.

The kick in the stomach doesn't hurt as much today. It is what it is.

I am feeling completely despondent. On Sunday afternoon, my 5 year old son was diagnosed with cancer. I was en route to the doctor's with him today when the verdict came in & I had my oldest daughter call me. I was appalled & shocked by the result.

4 years (max) in a county jail for killing a child. That's it? How do the jurors explain away those 31 days????????

I felt sick. I still feel sick. I am heartbroken for my child & ICA deliberately murdered hers & threw her away.... is there really no justice in this world anymore?

I am so sorry about son your son and that you are dealing with both things right now. I cannot imagine how bad that must be for you. I think a lot of people are extremely upset over this by Caylee's verdict but for you it must hit you harder than anyone else. :grouphug:

I am feeling completely despondent. On Sunday afternoon, my 5 year old son was diagnosed with cancer. I was en route to the doctor's with him today when the verdict came in & I had my oldest daughter call me. I was appalled & shocked by the result.

4 years (max) in a county jail for killing a child. That's it? How do the jurors explain away those 31 days????????

I felt sick. I still feel sick. I am heartbroken for my child & ICA deliberately murdered hers & threw her away.... is there really no justice in this world anymore?

I am so sorry for you and your family! Hugs and prayers to you all!

I feel broken, literally since this verdict came in. I have followed this case from the start and something happened to me yesterday. Between this case and Haleigh Cummings I feel broke, heart broke, devastated :(

Yesterdays acquittal actually made me ill, I was nauseous and couldn't eat, then started shaking and ended up with a low fever and aching all over. Spent an uncomfortable night sweating then chilling. I'm still grieving over this and know I will for awhile, tho we all have to move on.

Same here, I had this weird sinking feeling in my stomach and couldn't sleep then was dreaming about the case, I obviously need to let go. I do feel better today, so maybe everyday we all will feel a little better step by step and get over this, and one day maybe something good will come out of it.

Would the mods consider removing Ms. Anthonys picture from the front of websleuths with the NOT guilty sign. It makes me physically ill. Please post a picture of Caylee with Justice for her and a link to local lawmakers and caylee's law link. Thank you.

Rainie

I've tried to make a post 2 times but I think I am just so devastated I cannot even click the correct tabs. I'll try gain later. Thankful for this thread...I am just SO sick...

While I am so... angry?... that this was the outcome of the trial, one thing really stands out to me now. The entire country loves Caylee Anthony. She has been mourned more than a thousand funerals would have allowed, and she has touched more hearts than anyone ever thought possible during her short life. It's a sad thing that it took her death for all of us to know her and love her, but I am sure somewhere out there, all of this love and compassion and caring for her is something she can feel. She might have been "forgotten" in this trial, but she is not and never will be forgotten by the world. Her legacy will ultimately be love. She has united a country in that, in a way that few have united us in these past years. We are outraged because we care about what happened to her.

I am really physically and emotionally sick over this. Yesterday I screamed and practically fell to the ground when it was announced. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. I have lost all faith in the American justice system and I have NO RESPECT for the men and woman who sat on the jury. What did they expect? "CSI" or "Bones" ? Where was common sense? My only hope is that Casey Anthony will become a pariah---heckled, harrassed, and shunned by other members of society. I have just now tuned into an interview with Jeff Ashton after a media blackout of over 24 hours. I know I will get over this but it's not going to be in one day or one week. Somewhere tonight the Devil is dancing because EVIL has triumphed over GOOD. God help us all.

Is there an I am mad thread? Over being duped ? Im so sad I cant stand it. I am thinking a good vent would help me. Nobody in my real world followed the case like I did and look at me twisted when they see the anger in me over this verdict and depth of knowledge of Caylees murder. Only due to me being an avid reader here since about 2001. Lol

I'm heartbroken.

Today I went out and bought a charm for my charm bracelet in honor of Caylee. I call it my worry bracelet and have a special charm for each of my loved ones on it. I will never forget that baby girl and I hope she can see how much she is loved by all of us.

Hi guys.

Thought I would post this video. I had the amazing honor to meet a beautiful little girl named Natasha who died of cancer one month before her seventh birthday. I really struggled with my faith, although Natasha never waivered in hers. This is a song from her favorite band, Casting Crowns. It helped me get through that loss in my life. Mark Hall says a little something in the beginning that is very powerful to me. If you are a person of faith, I hope you find it comforting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7i5L6kFT0"]YouTube - ‪Praise you in this Storm (live)‬‏[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back