Support Thread: Gerus and Bones (K9's)

i'm jealous!
i can't even get my dog to stop peeing in her bed... let alone train her to find decomp!

i think she's "special"she's a tea cup chihuahua.. and sadly, we got her before i knew enough to do research.
i had no idea that they would breed the runts with other runts to produce the smallest dogs possible. she will be 2 on 4/6 and weighs 2lbs 6oz and is as dumb as a rock!
she's too little to take outside, she she was paper trained and eventually litter box (with newspaper shred) trained.. but for some reason will pee all over her bed :/
i have 3 that i rotate every other day while the peed one is in the wash. thank goodness she doesn't leave her area (bed, litter box and food dishes) or she'd pee on anything that's on the floor. she's too afraid to leave her bed.. she'll stretch out on her tippy toes to eat or drink :(

She sounds so sweet-and your characterization of her as "special" has me nearly peeing my chair, so maybe that says something about me :rolling:

I'll match your bet and up you one-Savage is so "special" he would see your teacup sweety and immediately hear "boom chika bow wow..." He would actually think that was possible :floorlaugh:

Turn up the Barry White music, baby!

I am always in awe at what dogs can be taught.
I have had the honor to see many sevice dogs.
My friend is blind and has a service dog,
while he is working (has a special vest with handle)
he is her eyes, ears and help.
He understands when her husband comes home, he can get a break.
His vest comes off and he is just a pet dog romping around.
So smart! A yellow lab.
Our town also has a dog at the funeral home for people to hug.
There is nothing like a dog, any kind gives us their all.

----------------
I kept thinking (while JB.spoke) of 9/11.The dogs worked soooo hard and well.Canada sent boots for their paws,I thought that so touching and kind.The D.T. can say what they want but people know better.:beagle:

----------------
I kept thinking (while JB.spoke) of 9/11.The dogs worked soooo hard and well.Canada sent boots for their paws,I thought that so touching and kind.The D.T. can say what they want but people know better.:beagle:

The testimony did make me think of all of the dogs that were brought to ground zero in New York-Those poor fellers exposed to all of that awful twisted insanity and toxic air, only to be rewarded with nothingness and despair. Brave and persistant beyond the capacity of many humans.

There is no love greater than the love from our Lord first and secondly, our dogs.

I have a dear friend that has two German Shepherds and she loves them like they are her kids. I have a Shih-Tzu that is my heart & soul. She's my baby!

My friend with the GS called to tell me that a Police Service dog was killed in New Jersey. We were both crying on the phone. She told me the police rushed the dog to the vet's office and the police gathered there to wait for word on this service dog. The dog didn't make it. :(:(:( The policemen then covered the dog with the American flag. There was a full "honor service" funeral for this dog. Read more at link below:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/12/01/police-dog-killed-by-suspect/

My heart still goes out to this office that lost his companion. My heartfelt thanks go out to all the service dogs all over the world. God bless them all!

I think we can add 9/11 survivors and their friends/family members to the long list of people the DT is alienating because of their unscrupulous tactics. A German Shepherd named Trakr and his owner were one of the first search and rescue teams to arrive at the scene. Trakr also located the last remaining survivor under 30 feet of debris.

BTW, Trakr was cloned.

A pic of Trakr doing his job along with more info:

http://www.behindtheapprovalmatrix.com/2008/07/911-german-shepherd-to-be-cloned.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/06/german-shepherd-clones-come-to-la.html

Off-topic but funny (video of guilty dogs):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jBK6aR7CQ[/ame]

Well have you ever read what the dogs of 911 went through to find our fellow countrymen after the towers fell or the Pentagon was hit? Have you ever talked to an injured person who was found in time to be saved, because of a dog. Or a child brought home because a dog tracked his wondering footsteps? Or a family who has closure because their loved ones remains have been found and they no longer have to wonder.
So the thread says support, but what it really is is RESPECT for their unique abilities and willingness/desire to please that they will work and want to go back into rubble to find humans. To enter burning buildings or meth houses or do boarder patrol to keep humans safe.
They don't need our support ----> they deserve it.

BTW - for those who saw my pic below, the blond is my girl (also the avatar pic) and the Lab and the Shepard/Doberman mix are my grand furr kids whom have just spent spring break with us and will be sorely missed. I would trust my life with all three of them. Without getting mushy or more personal than necessary, I am positive I am here today, because of my poodle.

Bones and Gerus are as much a part of the team as each poster here is to WS. All team members deserve support and respect. And that is my :twocents:

EXACTLY! Well said!!! In fact:

A search and rescue dog from Monroe County now needs some rescuing herself.

Ten and a half year-old Ebby is a busy dog. She works for Northeast Search and Rescue out of Monroe County.

"She's a sweetheart. She's a Border Collie and Sheltie mix we think, and she's a rescued rescue dog. She came out of the old SPCA Shelter in Monroe County so we call her the rescued rescue dog," said Chief Bruce Barton of NESAR.

Ebby is trained to find human remains. She has worked at the World Trade Center site in New York City after September 11, in the south after Hurricane Katerina, in Aruba during the search for missing teen Natalee Holloway and at dozens of other sites.

Now, Ebby needs help.

She has been diagnosed with cancer, something rescue workers say happens all too often to their dogs.

http://monroecounty.wnep.com/news/news/rescue-dog-cancer-needs-help/56767

I think the police officer proved the dog was alerting to decomposition when he himself said he smelled it in the trunk and knew what it was. He stated he has had many, many encounters and he immediately knew what the smell was so he validated that his dog did indeed alert to decomposition. JB unwitting just made a very important point with the judge in favor of the dogs. And this was actually a good trial run for him to testify in court. He is now aware of where JB will try to trip him up. jmo

dogtreats.jpg

I remember reading an article about this regarding the SAR dogs brought to the scenes of destruction at the 9/11 sites. Those dogs who worked at the 9/11 scene for days on end. Some of those dogs suffered trauma from the fruitless searching for anyone alive under all that rubble, so much that some never recovered. They were trained to find live humans....they tried to do their jobs and these dogs felt failure. How could anyone with any human compassion not feel the pain of these dogs and their handlers.

I remember rescuers taking turns pretending to be buried so the dogs could "find" them so they would not get discouraged.

There is no love greater than the love from our Lord first and secondly, our dogs.

I have a dear friend that has two German Shepherds and she loves them like they are her kids. I have a Shih-Tzu that is my heart & soul. She's my baby!

My friend with the GS called to tell me that a Police Service dog was killed in New Jersey. We were both crying on the phone. She told me the police rushed the dog to the vet's office and the police gathered there to wait for word on this service dog. The dog didn't make it. :(:(:( The policemen then covered the dog with the American flag. There was a full "honor service" funeral for this dog. Read more at link below:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/12/01/police-dog-killed-by-suspect/

My heart still goes out to this office that lost his companion. My heartfelt thanks go out to all the service dogs all over the world. God bless them all!

There was a police dog here that was "accidentally" shot by someone who thought it was a coyote :)waitasec: in SE Pennsylvania). I have no idea how, but it was terrible.

You guys are making me cry!!!!

And you know what? These dogs don't do their job for money or fame. No, they go and do what they do, putting their lives on the line, sometimes even dying, all for the love and admiration of their handlers, for treats and pats on the head and "Good dog!". Can't say the same for a certain defense team who has only joined into this case for nothing but money and fame. I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

P.S. Gerus is the maiden name of my sister in law, so I can't help smiling seeing that one of these brave cadaver dogs is named Gerus!

:twocents: AND another group alienated by the "cognitive efforts" :banghead: of JB: those who have been FOUND by these dogs & handlers (yeah, even those who have had their loved ones FOUND by the HRD dogs). There is almost NOTHING more touching than observing the "reunion" visit where the family or the individual kneels down and hugs (HECK, smothers him/herself in) the neck of the "precious puppy"!:rocker: I :innocent: swear the dog is "thinking" "UH AH GEE, was only doing my JOB but can I give you a big sloppy dog KISS?":great::great::great:

:twocents: AND another group alienated by the "cognitive efforts" :banghead: of JB: those who have been FOUND by these dogs & handlers (yeah, even those who have had their loved ones FOUND by the HRD dogs). There is almost NOTHING more touching than observing the "reunion" visit where the family or the individual kneels down and hugs (HECK, smothers him/herself in) the neck of the "precious puppy"!:rocker: I :innocent: swear the dog is "thinking" "UH AH GEE, was only doing my JOB but can I give you a big sloppy dog KISS?":great::great::great:

I keep having this vision of defense calling the dog into court w/the handler and JB requesting the dog be put off lead and the dog going over and peeing on JB's leg. Sorry, it's just one of those things you can't get out of your head.

I have a Boarder Collie, who is quite obsessive when it comes to other dogs as she tries to herd them. Sometimes deer come into the yard and when I let her out the hair stands up on her back and she tracks the odor. There are no deer there but I know they have been there because of the fresh hoof marks on the ground. She is not "trained" to track but does so instinctively. Dogs are a wonderful resource to help find the missing and more than any other animal they do so to help humans. Love cats but you won't see them looking out for you minute by minute....too busy grooming.

In your grocery store check out the pet food aisle. It is a complete aisle for animals. lol Not a partial aisle as it is for humans with different types of foods and articles. It's just one full aisle of food. THAT tells you about how the average person feels about animals and in particular dogs.

Tread lightly Mr. Baez, it's dangerous territory. jmo

I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs, especially search/rescue and cadaver dogs. They do a job none of us humans can do. And they will do it until they literally drop if necessary. I thank Gerus and Bones everyday for letting us know about a piece of Caylee's story that we never would have known about without them, the backyard. And also for pointing out and confirming that smell in Casey's trunk to be decomp. I trust those dogs and their noses. They are noble, beautiful, compassionate, and highly trained creatures. How dare Baez question them. How dare CA and GA try to make them look like they had a false reading. Dog spelled backward is God. The dogs knew Caylee's fate, and so does God. I commend them for their role in this case and every case that uses dogs just like them. God bless them.

What a beautiful post and I agree with it.
:clap::clap::clap:

With tears streaming down my face I have to give tribute to my Lhasa Apso. He paid the ultimate price when an escaped inmate broke into our home while we were at work. All the horror that this man perpetrated against me with kidnapping and rape the worst thing is that he shot my dog in the head. My puppy was a mama's boy and would protect me from even my husband. His loss I will never get over but after many years I have a new boy in my life. My long haired doxie!!

When JB was so mean to the DH and questioned the ability of his faithful companion and co worker made me sick to my stomach. My guess would be that JB doesn't understand the concept of faithful and loyal should it be from human or pet.

With tears streaming down my face I have to give tribute to my Lhasa Apso. He paid the ultimate price when an escaped inmate broke into our home while we were at work. All the horror that this man perpetrated against me with kidnapping and rape the worst thing is that he shot my dog in the head. My puppy was a mama's boy and would protect me from even my husband. His loss I will never get over but after many years I have a new boy in my life. My long haired doxie!!

When JB was so mean to the DH and questioned the ability of his faithful companion and co worker made me sick to my stomach. My guess would be that JB doesn't understand the concept of faithful and loyal should it be from human or pet.

That's horrible! God Bless all of you!!

Who could forget this case:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/13/missing-florida-girl-alive/

Quote: "Police said K-9 dogs tracked the child's scent into the woods near Lake Jesup

"Police said K-9 dogs tracked the child's scent into the woods near Lake Jesup."

Here's my little Diversionary Training Dog:

Before:

After:

Thank goodness she was found alive.
Lake Jesup is Central Florida's most-alligator infested lake and I don't know anyone that would be foolish enough to swim in that lake...taking an airboat ride gives you a small glimpse of the many alligators in that lake.
I have been to the Black Hammock wilderness area and I would not stand to close to the shoreline

Thank you for sharing....:hug:

I don't know what we would do if something happened to our dog...I was in a panick a few weeks ago when someone accidentally left our gate open..I was just about to take off and check the ponds in my area for him.
Our dog is a hunting/sporting breed and his natural instincts are very strong..We could not and would never try to suppress it. Luckily, I found him sleeping on my bed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back