Support Thread: Jeff Ashton and Prosecution Team

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by NJ Lawyer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. NJ Lawyer

NJ Lawyer Member

I am impressed by Ashton so far - the way he has handled oral argument on the various motions before Judge Strickland. Thought I'd start a support thread. Feel free to link to videos of the hearings. I don't see much about Ashton's background except that he is an Assistant State Attorney for Orange County and has been mentioned in some briefs filed on appeal by defendants.

I have long admired the incredibly hard work of a prosecutor and I am also a big fan of Vincent Bugliosi, the prosecutor in the Manson murder trials and author of the book about them, "Helter Skelter".

2. Loading...

3. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I am a big fan of prosecutors anyway, so of course I fully support this presecution team and J. Ashton!

Go, Prosecution!

4. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

I have no information on Ashton, but he is trying very hard to be the voice for Caylee.
    Bless him and all his hard work..........this has to take a toll, murdered baby.

5. sariebell

sariebell Artsy Fartsy

I kind of feel like the Prosecution looks like the under dog now, what with the assembling of the new "dream team". I think we all feel very strongly that Casey is "good for it," and soon it will be played out in the theatre of the court room. One of my favorite aspects of these cases that catch me throughout the years is the suspense... one never really knows how it will all end up until the jury reads their verdict. I commend the prosecution and LE on what looks to be a job well done so far. They just have to keep their eyes on the ball and work through it slow and steady.

We are all rooting for them!

6. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

When I first read that, I read 'persecution'. :crazy:

I would also like to add support for Anne Marie (don't know last name.) She's also done very well during proceedings I have watched.

7. mitzi

mitzi Watch us lie to cover for 'Princess'

Jeff Ashton seems like an intelligent and compassionate man. I'm glad that he is part of the prosecution team.

8. FloridaKatz

FloridaKatz Former Member

I would like to bump this back up and add Sheriff Kevin Beary to it. He's such a big Teddy Bear (kind of like LP). He was tearing up today during the news briefing and I just felt so sad for him. My sincere condolences and support to Sheriff Beary.

9. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Please be little caylee's voice!!!!

10. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

And the investigators who've worked tirelessly. I imagine this will be the case that stays with them forever.

11. MADJGNLAW

MADJGNLAW New Member

I am a fan of all prosecutors that seek justice, and when it comes to "Justice" for an innocent child without a voice I am even more grateful! I fully support J. Ashton and team! I know it seems like Casey has this "Dream Team" that is made out of money and making money off of this little angle... But in the end I have put my faith in God's hands to guide J.Ashton and Team in seeking justice for Caylee Marie Anthony who is looking down upon us all and watching our heart aches and tears. She is in God's arms now and will continue to shine her light from her soul upon us all. In the end there is no amount of money that can buy that love and faith...May Caylee R.I.P. May we pray for Caylee and her team of "Angles". I have given them the nick name, " Caylee's Angle's " Ashton and company"...

12. NJ Lawyer

NJ Lawyer Member

Great job yesterday in court, prosecution. Good on you to remind the court that written waivers are required. Important to consider long term basis for potential bases for appeals by defendant. Please keep up the careful language used when discussing Caylee Anthony - her identity, her body, her memory. Defense counsel is very callous in this regard. In private chambers with Judge Strickland or private meetings with defense counsel, quick references to "The Hair" and such are fine. But counsel shouldn't be throwing around the term in public (or recorded) hearings. It doesn't take much effort or time to add a simple word or an extra syllable to give proper respect to this poor child.

13. Paintr

Paintr New Member

Could JB be using the generic terms on purpose? Every time Caylee's name is mentioned I think there is an emotional response (even if subconscious) in the one who hears it. Logically there would then be an adverse reaction to his client. Keeping all things clinical distances the facts from his client?

Also want to add my support to the pros team. They have a very hard job and do it well!:clap:

14. chefmom

chefmom Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

Does anyone know how to link up a page that we could sign and forward to the prosecution that would just let them know how many people are behind them? Kinda like when people do a petition, but this would just be a thank you page of signatures that lets them know how many of us out there appreciate them seeking true justice for Caylee. Is this something we could do? Anyone know?

15. Recovering-Lurker

Recovering-Lurker I'm Back and on My Best Behavior

Woot! Woot! Justice for Caylee. Someone has to be her voice, and they are doing a great job.

16. casual_observer

casual_observer New Member

i liked that they pointed out if jb would depose some people he might have some of the info he keeps requesting in court...

17. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

I have become a big fan of Linda D-B.

Calm, cool, clear - and she said to Judge Strickland yesterday, "Well, can I say I told you so, later?"

I feel as if she will do her ultimate to lead a choir of voices for Caylee.

18. Nosey Parker

Nosey Parker A Brit in Canada

:clap: Yes, Baez et al are going to have a lot of trouble outsmarting this young woman in any way. She is one sharp cookie.

19. LeLe1953

LeLe1953 Former Member

:clap: I think the prosecutors are doing a great job. I have nothing but respect for them & all of LE. If I could give them a message, it would be 2 things: put the DP back on the table & do not give any of the Anthonys immunity.

I am so proud my daughter wants to be a prosecutor when she finishes law school. She has NO desire to do defense work.

20. biggirl

biggirl New Member

Good for your dear daughter. I think angels have to live with prosecutors because they are often overworked and under paid and have threats made on their lives and they carry on. I love them.

It looks as though this group will be terrific. I read there was a big difference in the D team and P teams courtroom decorum. To not stand when addressing the court in disrespectful and the Jury will notice this.

Go prosecution and may the angels be with you. :woohoo:

21. The World According

The World According Inactive