Supreme Court Nominee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine his first day/week/month? The other justices will likely snub and shun him. Brett’s not going to have anyone to eat lunch with. He really will stain the Court’s image.

I hope they treat him the way he treated the Dem senators on the judiciary committee (as Matt Damon showed on SNL). He’s a non-credible, vile, partisan, entitled punk. (Yeah, I don’t like him one bit.)

I would be really upset if I was on the SCOTUS. One bad apple spoils the barrel.

Understandable, but at this level, I expect the candidate to focus on what the hearing was about (it was not about his family) and to DEMONSTRATE that he is clear-minded, in control of himself, and....well...Supreme Court judge-like.

He didn't demonstrate that. What makes me think he will in the future? His word that he will? Not good enough, sorry. (And I do have sympathy for what his family is going through, but that's not a consideration in deciding whether to hire him or not for the job.)

jmo

From the link...

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. told Fox News exclusively on Thursday that although he will walk his daughter down the aisle at her wedding in Montana on Saturday, his plans won't affect Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation vote scheduled for the same day in Washington.

Speaking to host Shannon Bream on "Fox News @ Night," Daines said he personally called Kavanaugh Thursday evening and told him, "I'm going to be there to vote for you as needed."

>>snip

The GOP could, however, hold the session open for several hours, allowing Daines to vote late Saturday or even Sunday if needed. "Votes are held open all the time," Daines said.

Ford has extensively cited her 2012 therapy notes as a kind of corroboration for her claims but has not provided them -- even in part -- to investigators. (The Washington Post said Ford had shared a "portion" of her notes with their reporters, but under oath on Thursday, Ford said she could not recall whether she had actually done so, or merely described the notes).

Judiciary Committee releases executive summary of supplemental FBI report on Kavanaugh

Late Thursday, Grassley ripped into Ford's attorneys for their request, and suggested in an exasperated letter that they simply wanted to stall Kavanaugh's confirmation at any cost.

"Your response on behalf of your client is a non-sequitur," Grassley wrote in the letter. "It’s not even clear to me what purpose turning over these materials to the FBI would accomplish. The FBI would simply turn over that evidence to the Senate. That is precisely the outcome I seek with this request."

Furthermore, Grassley added, "The U.S. Senate doesn’t control the FBI. If you have an objection to how the FBI conducts its investigations, take it up with [FBI] Director [Christopher] Wray."

Grassley asks Ford's legal team for records of contacts with Feinstein and Hirono 'in light of recently uncovered information'

Grassley asks Ford's legal team for records of contacts with Feinstein and Hirono 'in light of recently uncovered information'

"In addition to the evidence I requested in my October 2 letter," Grassley continued in his letter, "in light of recently uncovered information, please turn over records and descriptions of direct or indirect communications between Dr. Ford or her representatives and any of the following: (1) U.S. Senators or their staffs, particularly the offices of Senators Feinstein and Hirono, other than your communications with me and my staff in preparation for the September 27 hearing; (2) the alleged witnesses identified by Dr. Ford (Leland Keyser, Mark Judge, and Patrick “P.J.” Smyth); and (3) Debbie Ramirez, Julie Swetnick, or their representatives."

FBI Probe of Brett Kavanaugh Limited By Trump White House - The Atlantic

The FBI found itself at the center of another political firestorm on Thursday as the findings from its supplemental background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh were made available to all 100 Senators. By late morning, top Republicans and Democrats had already reached vastly different conclusions about the FBI report, which the bureau concluded after four days without interviewing two of the three women who have accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct and dozens of witnesses who were said to have corroborating information.

Sadly, Kavanaugh felt it necessary to write this after his disturbing display last week showing the exact opposite of the title of his published piece.

The Supreme Court doesn't have do-overs. This is the reason why we need stable, unbiased justices in the court.

Last edited:
In a twist, Keyser told FBI investigators that she felt pressured to clarify her original statement saying she was unaware of any incident involving Kavanaugh and Ford, according to a Wall Street Journal report. Keyser, who later said she believed Ford even though she could not corroborate her story, told the investigators that she was urged to clarify her statement by Monica McLean, a former FBI agent and friend of Ford’s. (Ford's ex-boyfriend told the Judiciary Committee that Ford had helped McLean prepare for a polygraph, directly contradicting Ford's sworn testimony last Thursday).

Judiciary Committee releases executive summary of supplemental FBI report on Kavanaugh

There is no middle ground on this. It will be interesting to see how Senators vote, this close to the election. My Mom is an election judge, she states that the election officials think that this year, more people will be voting, than ever.

I can definitely feel the emotional pain some of the young women display during their protests.

There is no middle ground on this. It will be interesting to see how Senators vote, this close to the election. My Mom is an election judge, she states that the election officials think that this year, more people will be voting, than ever.

I can definitely feel the emotional pain some of the young women display during their protests.

"This is a George Soros conspiracy, and it’s time we wake up, expose them, stand up and fight for our country, because that’s what’s at stake here,” Perdue added, referring to the billionaire activist who has donated to liberal social causes.

GOP senator: Kavanaugh protesters are 'paid activists'

The two women are affiliated with the Center for Popular Democracy, which receives funding from Soros. Perdue chalked this up to a coordinated attack by Democrats on Ingraham's show.

“This is a sham, it’s a new low in America," he said.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Chris Murphy on Twitter

It’s too late for this, Judge Kavanaugh. You told us there exists a vast liberal conspiracy, led by Dem Senators, organizing fake charges against you. That’s delusional. You threatened us that “what comes around goes around”. That’s unacceptable.

Kavanaugh: It's your fault I got this angry

A day earlier, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, took the unprecedented step of revoking his backing for Kavanaugh, saying his heated performance at the hearing was disqualifying.

This isn't true. Daines has said he would be there for a vote.
He added, “My goal this weekend is to walk my daughter down the aisle and to see a new United States Supreme Court justice put on our court.”

Daines further stated, “Votes are held open all the time on the floor of the US Senate, once a vote is called. There have been some extenuating circumstances, you can back in time and history and see where they’ve had to hold the vote open for a member to come back and cast their vote.”

Daines: I Told Kavanaugh I'll Be There To Vote For Him 'As Needed' | Breitbart

Breitbart? Does this mean it's also OK to post from the Daily Worker? :D

Putting aside what imo is the genuinely humerous sight of Daines rushing after the fact to swear obediance & loyalty so as to not ruffle the feathers of his Dear Leaders ....

I could very well be entirely wrong, but as of last night there were a handful of significant indications that McConnell isn't sure of/isn't confident that he has the votes to confirm Kavanaugh.

One of those signs that K /his handlers felt the need to write that extraordinarily unusual op ed letter for the WSJ, that defensive, non specific, non-apology in which he again portrayed himself as the victim, blaming others for causing his anger that was just too strong to control, and promising- I'll be good.

In the WSJ,on the editorial page of this Murdoch paper. Who was his audience? It sure wasn't trump's base voters. Logically it was either directed at undecided republican senators, and/or the now thousands of members of the legal profession, many of whom are his elite peers, who have come out, forcefully, to state K shouldn't be seated. NOT because of the allegations against him, but because his bitter, angry partisan attack was simply, all by itself, disqualifying. (Including K spitting out his PREPARED comment directly to dem senators: "what goes around comes around.").

If his opEd was directed at his peer group, it failed, and miserably, btw. Even more lawyers & law professors rushed to sign on to the list of nearly 3,000 in the field saying he is temperamently unfit for the job.

Last edited:
Well said. I think people can relate to the unfair attacks and that will hurt the democrats in the mid-terms.

I think you are bang on RANCH. This smear campaign by the Democrats and left wing media is going to backfire on them in a big way.

Above all else, the people want truth and honesty from their politicians and media.

It is a sad state of affairs what has gone on here, but i think most Americans eyes are opening as to the crookedness of the system in general. This is a defining moment in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea