Supreme Court Nominee #3

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by mickey2942, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Reality is, for real, that people have never stopped being on the streets, outside reps' offices & in town halls & the halls of Congress, protesting, demanding to be heard.

You don't hear about the non stop protests because virtually no media, MSM or otherwise, tells us that many of our fellow Americans never went home after the Woman's March & the MASS uprisings that brought the Muslim travel ban to a screeching halt.

I follow a select number of activist orgs on Twitter just so I can see with my own eyes what the level of active protest is.

Here's a reassuring fact (at least it is to me): the scale of protests since DT day in 2017 is the largest in the US since the Vietnam War (which no doubt is the reason we aren't being told about how strong is our collective and ongoing rage).

kareylou, human, fannneee and 3 others like this.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

What I'd like to see is big crowds at the polls in November. I want to wait in a looooooooong line to cast my ballot. That's where the crowds will be heard.

jmo

kareylou, human, EuTuCroquet? and 5 others like this.
  3. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

It is about lying under oath. If he told the truth - that the devils triangle is about threesomes, one is about is enjoying alcohol via ones anus. Generally speaking drinking up ones tushie would also be indicative of participants very high tolerances to alcohol already well established.

Most folks who stick tubes in there tushies and slosh in cocktails would end up in the emergency room with alcohol toxicity.

If he just stated he enjoyed tushie drinking the yearbook would be the yearbook.

Alcohol is a poison for the body. When people apparently get well known across campus for being a vomitar that individuals body is telling them you have placed to much alcohol in and must dispel some of it in an attempt to remain alive.

His committing perjury over and over IMO escalated the yearbook .

the old adage to each his own certainly has merit -- it is not for us to judge if people like drinking via their bottom or as is customary ones mouth.

It just does seem like it would (moo) a festive party feel or smell , if you will, to have fellow partiers passing around tubing -- rounds are fun tho!

It's the lying.

Under oath.

jmo

human, EuTuCroquet?, neesaki and 3 others like this.
  4. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

I've had to sit and think about why this whole Kavanaugh process makes me so angry and frustrated.

I like reason. I like reasoned debate based on verifiable facts.

When events of this magnitude (SC) are placed at the level of hysterical assumptions, innuendos and character assassination *regardless* of who is involved, it is frightening to me.

Our world, throughout history, has suffered at the hands of those who allow their emotions to overtake their critical thinking. Those who when the pendulum has swung heavily in one direction, have cheered when it swings to the opposite and extreme side.

Balance and reason is what should be celebrated, not "a ha, we got you!"

In this case, I completely understand the hurt, pain, embarrassment, self-blame, etc. of someone who has been abused (emotionally and/or physically) and claims of such SHOULD carry much weight and investigation. For too long women have had to suffer in silence due to a variety of societal mores.

At the same time, if the anger and frustration of that long-held silence push us toward accusations of retribution, even once, we stand to lose credibility, AND, innocent people are paying the price of history, not the present. Some women have gone so far as to use this as a weapon of revenge, to gain notoriety and compensation.

This disgusts me! In our effort to find peace, and be heard, we are being trampled by those women, and the media hungry news media that support them.

ALL claims should be taken seriously, BUT as with any criminal claim, the condemnation should be withheld until PROVEN.

This was not proven, not by a long shot. What was proven was that our current system is faulty, costly, unjust and damaging to all involved.

Just my opinion and two cents.

5. CARIIS

Not really sure there is a bar any longer

6. BingoBongo

Where? How? Who?

Are you also saying that the FBI can't do their job? Not just this time, but 6 previous times?

Are you saying all those who came forward disclaiming Ford's "facts" as she remembers them, are liars?

bluedivergirl, Trident, KALI and 3 others like this.
  7. BingoBongo

8. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

I saw huge lines in 2016, so much so that I deferred my early voting 3 times due to unprecedented lines. Then they opened additional locations, so I finally got to vote. I kept thinking “what’s going on? Why this massive turnout?” I had a bad feeling.

9. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

A very helpful video by investigative reporter Ben Swann explaining the serious problems with Kavanaugh's problems with lying under oath to Congress. Relates to discussions of his work in the BushII Administration and elsewhere regarding possible Constitutional violations related to torture, definition of enemies of the US and right to privacy.

10. BingoBongo

If this is true, why did the FBI not investigate?

CoolJ, The Butler Did It and Mica like this.
  11. BingoBongo

And I didn't claim you did.

It may not have been about his family, but it affected them.

Trident, The Butler Did It and Mica like this.
  12. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

I would think it would have been picked up in at least one of the 6 prior extensive background checks.

Tillicum, Trident, CoolJ and 5 others like this.
  13. CARIIS

Your wish is my command! Ask and thy shall receive!

Backdrop : He had just spent the previous 4 or 5 minutes claiming he had no idea he was receiving stolen emails so they could spy on opposing senators.

You now go to the final two minutes of the old perry mason show. Build the music the reveal is coming and the suspect caught.

Right in front of your eyes !

If you don't want to watch all the lying you can click to around 620 minute mark for big scene when the liar is caught red handed.

Unlike the featured stars in Perry Mason who reveal the truth in the final act this idiot attempted to tell the world that emails about spying and having "moles" in the opposing party meant nothing to him.

A very poorly written third act.

JMO- emails with the subject line that says

SUBJECT: SPYING

pretty clear

his answer was that him getting emails about spying did not concern him ?

I Watched in their entirety - there were more flat out lies just like that

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    kareylou, human, EuTuCroquet? and 4 others like this.
  14. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

No matter how Joe Manchin votes tomorrow I have always found him way above all the other Democrat senators. All of the others could learn a lot from him about how they should always conduct themselves.

He is always so respectful to everyone no matter what party they belong to. He is a good man who refuses to let Schumer tell him what to do. As he has said CS didn't elect him and he is there to do what his constituents want. He is there to represent them only ..not CS and dem party.

Imo he is not only the best Democrat senator he is the most repectful and always calm. Never would Joe present himself the way his fellow Democrat senators have done.

He is a breath of fresh air among all of the ones who have screamed and screeched constantly with so much unnatural hatred and rage. I don't see how anyone is able to have nothing but negative thoughts constantly or have the ability to rage and rant all day long every single day. It makes me exhausted just watching it all.

It's such a turnoff for me how the dems have conducted themselves throughout. Why does the left have to be so violently aggressive? What happened to civility where things can be discussed without so much aggressive behavior?

Many in America have to be horrified by the actions they have seen displayed in the past few months. Chasing senators down..harassing so many no matter where they go. It's insane how dangerous the left has become.

Senator Grassley like him or not has been such a gentleman in all of this by respecting and accommodating both sides yet they attack him too. He said he has had pro Ford and pro Kavannah..inside his office for two weeks yet the media did not want to interview anyone who was for Brett and told him they only wanted to interview those against him. MSM have showned such horrible biases and then wonder why Fox was found to be the most trusted news site in America and 2nd to BBC internationally. Why in the world does MSM ever only want to hear one side only? Why not let both sides speak and give respect to both?

FOX continously has people on every single day with differing opposing opinions. That is the way it should always be without attacking anyone but respecting all views.

I just wish the mean spitedness screams and violent threats would stop. It could very well lead to someone else being gravely hurt like Steve when he was almost killed or worse. I am so afraid innocent people are going to be greatly harmed. There are many out there soaking up all of this aggressive behavior and threats that may be unstable and will act out violently.

More than anything I wish I saw all citizens act and talk peacefully when civilly discussing their own viewpoint. I am so afraid this is going to be our new normal. If so...God help us all.

Jmo

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Mickey Mouse, Trident, CoolJ and 8 others like this.
  15. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Reading about some of the speechifying, a clear message emerges: men & republicans are the real victims; dems & women are the real enemies; any action taken is justifiable, however corrupt & destabilizating, because Senate republicans are merely acting in self defense, in the name of all male republican victims.

As for the contemptible gaslighting lie that these republicans (and the president) are concerned one whit about due process for anyone other than themselves:

Where was the same outcry about due process & men being falsely accused and victimized when, for example, Al Franken was driven out of the Senate for allegedly putting his hands on womens' backs, and for a single instance of being disrespectful to a woman, before he held elected office?

Every one of his dozens female staffers & other women who had worked with him (perhaps even 65, eh?) signed a letter of support, saying he has never been anything other than supportive, appropriate, and professional with them.

No outcry then. There was, though, just a few days ago, a tweet by the president of the United States actually MOCKING Al Franken for being denied due process.

We get it.

kareylou, human, fannneee and 7 others like this.
  16. Jade

Jade Well-Known Member

No surprise

Tight lifetime alliances and kept secrets are the elite prep school, Ivy League code.

That being said I have known outstanding preps that felt they were destined for greatness and displayed great moral and physical restraint in preparation for their future roles.

There are plenty of them out there and I would prefer a person with judicial qualities whether conservative or not.

imo

kareylou, human, Jax49 and 4 others like this.
  17. Betty P

It was part of the overall investigation, the part that isn't being made public. The members of the Senate Judiciary Committee should have questioned him about those issues in his confirmation hearings. Not sure why they didn't.

I have a feeling this part of his file will be made public, perhaps more investigation will follow, as it should.

18. Betty P

Don't get too attached to him. He probably won't be in that seat a whole lot longer. Progressives in WVa have a lot of issues with him.

human and kimlynn like this.
  19. BingoBongo

The US has never been a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic that also encompasses Constitutional democracy.

20. BingoBongo

I am going to do some research on this, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.