Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 6 FBI investigations, 1500 written questions by these senators and an out of left field 37 year old acqusation, threats against his wife, their children and himself, what would you expect?
I would have been thrown out if I were him.
Anyone who comes after my family, and my reputation, better expect a fight. Of the highest order.

I agree about the lack of truth/candor. He should have just answered the questions--instead he challenged, berated, argued and pounded the desk.

All drunk people commit crimes? I don't buy that argument. Judge is not up for confirmation so any crimes he may have committed on his own is irrelevant. JMO
He is accused by 3 women of sexual misconduct. He was in same room cheering Kavanaugh on. Of course he is a witness. GOP doesn't want to hear the horrible truth. Dems will have to investigate when they win the House, Senate.

Do you think American's watching will see him as passionately defending his innocence or did he show himself to have a temper which disqualifies him from having the ability to effectively make Supreme Court decisions?

After 6 FBI investigations, 1500 written questions by these senators and an out of left field 37 year old acqusation, threats against his wife, their children and himself, what would you expect?
Anyone who comes after my family, and my reputation, better expect a fight. Of the highest order.

I would expect, at the very least, for him to show the same restraint, dignity, and judiciousness as the sexual assault victim who was in the public eye for the first time in her life, telling the world about the most humiliating and traumatic event of her life, knowing that the <modsnipped>men with power in the room had already said it didn't matter what happened to her.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not hear him refuse a polygraph (could have missed it)
FBI investigation? He has been through 6 !
All of his friends, family, co-workers, schoolmates, questioned 6 times!
The vote was supposed to be over a week ago. The democrats want to delay the vote until after our elections in hopes that they take over the houses. Another investigation could absolutely cause that to happen.
Personally, the only person- I would like to see fully investigated is Dr. Ford.
There are multiple allegations now. The Democrats will do further investigation on Cryin' Brett. What a joke--the entire nation knows he's a liar.

Last edited:
Thank you, and the past few weeks have indeed been a triggering time for many, including me, but for some of us at least, including me, they have been liberating as well.

After all these years, for the first time it feels possible to tell, and to tell more than I have ever told before, to anyone. I will never tell anyone I know, including my husband, exactly what happened, the all of it, the every kind of assault and pain and degradation, but after today, I'm determined to call a rape crisis hotline tomorrow and for the first, last , and only time, say it all, so I will have done
everything I could to at long last diminish the damage silence does.
Thank you, Dr. Blasey.

Huge, comforting hugs to you, @Hope4More.

Hi CoolJ,

I for a while was undecided as in 50/ 50.
I initially thought Ford might be believable. But now
I have issues with Fords lack of memory in many areas, how she got there, how she left, date, times, place, etc.
I also thought she seemed a bit exaggerated and overly whiny. Did I misread that?

As far as Kavanaugh, Unless something else comes out, as in there’s nothing so far to corroborate her claims, It’s hard for me to justify destroying someone’s life over something that might have happened thirty plus years ago when they were a teenager.
The whole question is “might have happened”. But at this point, I’m thinking something might have happened but it was at the hands of someone else. Iow, it is hard to say as the details are really too vague.

It’s quite scary to think someone can come along and destroy our life 30 or more years later just because for whatever...... well, just think up a reason. Do you get my drift? IOW, Better be careful , if you have even one enemy, or decide to go into politics, you could become a target with no means to defend yourself. Why, because it takes only one person to accuse you of something you might have done when you were a teenager , and your whole world can change.
Does that sound like a world you want to live in?

I do not like Kavanaugh- unrelated to the allegations by Dr. Ford: my feeling is this: i do not believe that a person's life and career should be ruined by allegations that are not proven. they are just that at this point in time: allegations. i had a problem with Dr. Ford's inability to recall how she got home--i cannot imagine not recalling how i would get home after being almost raped. did she walk? how far was her home from where the gathering was-- questions like that were not answered sufficiently.

I do not like Kavanaugh because i think ultimately he will be a lackey for Trump: Trump specifically picked him because Kavanaugh has opined in the past that he does not believe a sitting president should be subpoenaed and Trump does not intend to allow Mueller to interview him and Mueller will have to decide if he wants to subpoena him. For Trump Kavanaugh is his get out of jail card.

Another very troubling issue is this: a Supreme Court judge is supposed to be
non-partisan. Kavanaugh's blistering anger at the democrats and his conspiracy theory that this was a "hit job" by the democrats makes it clear to me he will not be
non-partisan.

Did you get those original talking points from Fox news? He actually seemed deranged. Cryin' Lyin' Brett

After watching repeats of portions of today's hearing, my overwhelming feeling is that BK is extremely immature. He is not at the level he should be for the position. Surely there are many others more qualified and mature.

I would just like to point out...if Kavanaugh isn't appointed to the Supreme Court, another conservative WILL be. Is it so unreasonable to wish for someone whose character isn't questionable? Someone who hasn't been accused of sexual assault?

Do you think American's watching will see him as passionately defending his innocence or did he show himself to have a temper which disqualifies him from having the ability to effectively make Supreme Court decisions?
I think he was passionately defending his innocence, integrity and family. His demeanor was what I would expect from a man who's fighting to defend his name from unsubstantiated accusations.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser. She didn't have anyone to corroborate her story, including her friend. She didn't know how she got to or from the party but she knows she didn't drive. I suppose the driver didn't attend the party which seems odd imo.

I think he was passionately defending his innocence, integrity and family. His demeanor was what I would expect from a man who's fighting to defend his name from unsubstantiated accusations.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser. She didn't have anyone to corroborate her story, including her friend. She didn't know how she got to or from the party but she knows she didn't drive. I suppose the driver didn't attend the party which seems odd imo.

This wasn't a trial. Burden of proof doesn't apply. She was, by almost unaminous opinion, including trump's , credible.

As for her not remembering how she got home. My father lived in the exact same area she did. I've been to the neighborhood grocery store she mentioned going to several weeks after she was assaulted. I know the area.

She could have easily walked back to the country club & gotten a ride home. She could have called a cab. She could have walked all that way home, even, though I would think she would have remembered that walk, because after what had just happened to her, it would have been a scary walk, through many dark/wooded stretches with no one around.

Do you think Dr. Ford will file a complaint with the local law enforcement against the Judge now?

I don't think it would be Ford -- she wants to go back to her life

Aventti implied he would file criminal complaint for his victim

Hiding a 100,000 pages of documents from the committee has to mean there is lots more out there

what i find so incredible it his best buddy wrote a whole book years ago about what jerks they all were and now its a giant CT!

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

Of course, alcoholics also get into all kinds of trouble because of their drinking. When they supersede their own tolerance, they suffer catastrophic hangovers. These can make getting through the day an Olympic event. This was never more evident to me than when, to raise money for football camp, I spent a few weeks working as a bag boy at the local supermarket.

My job was simple. People would leave their grocery baskets against a rail in front of the store, then pull their cars around. I would then sling their groceries in the car, sometimes get a small tip, and then wait for the next car.

It was a nightmare. Invariably I would be hungover — or still drunk — when I got to work at seven in the morning, and I spent most of the first hour just trying to hold myself together.

Much much more here

Analysis | Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

A goal of drinking 100 beer kegs by the end of senior year. A party with a stripper. A student falling through ceilings at house parties. These are new details coming to light in Mark Judge's descriptions of his days as a Georgetown Prep student

In Judge's book, there was also another reference to a student falling through a ceiling at a house party at Judge's house. The same student was busted by the cops for drunk driving, Judge wrote.

another book published by Judge --- "God and Man at Georgetown Prep" -- he describes the 100-keg quest again. He also writes of a bachelor party that he and friends threw for their teacher: a keg of beer and a stripper provided the entertainment at someone's house for the high school students. There was even a "pictorial essay" printed in a student-published paper called the Unknown Hoya -- which appears to be the same as the Heretic -- of the party, including an image of the stripper.

much more here

Mark Judge details senior year at Georgetown Prep with Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
My Dad was the most awesome man you could ever meet. I’m sorry that you never met him. My Grandfathers were so awesome! I live my life today based on their wisdom. Do Not disparage me because I am white and so were my incredible ancestors.

The only person I have thought acted with dignity in this whole mess Bassey-Ford. Both parties are an abomination. The lack of ability to create civil discourse to advance us a a country is repulsive. The way Kavanaugh came out today---it is clear that he is also a partisan, even though they kept his papers so most of us wouldn't be able to prove it. We knew he was a partisan from his Ken Starr days (BTW, always thought Clinton was wrong and disgusting.) The Supreme Court is supposed to be better than this garbage that floats as our representatives.

Kavanaugh could be mad but his behavior today was beyond the pale for a man who may be ruling on cases that involve either or both parties. I could see him with a few beers in him thinking that he had the right to do whatever he wanted. He wasn't drunk today and was awful to one senator he said he admired. He knew it right away because he came back and apologized. That beligerent behavior is there --plain to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd