Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smich looked like a druggie. Wonder if he is doing a lot of talking while in custody? Suspect #3 might also be talking ... I can't imagine that everyone would be so confident about the others keeping quiet.

Are you saying that you think LE is lying? The most recent article I've seen, from 3 days ago, said:

Police continue to search for at least one more suspect in the Bosma slaying.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/story/2013/05/31/kitchener-millard-farm-warrent-complete.html

I've only seen this mentioned here on WS, a few weeks ago, but the person who posted it at the time was also not able to back it up with links. I'd be very surprised if sometime other than LE found the remains and it wasn't ever mentioned in MSM.

Edit: googling "Bosma atv" only links me back to my own post saying basically the same thing a few weeks ago.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9451381&postcount=178

Where did this atv thing come from, is this "local" info or something?

All Terrain Vehicles are very common around here there the new age horses lots of farmers have them..

An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), also known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler, is defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. As the name implies, it is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles. Although it is a street-legal vehicle in some countries, it is not street legal within most states and provinces of Australia, the United States or Canada.

Tim's truck was the biggest factor that could tie him to the murder. Smacks of consciousness of guilt .. making a suspicious relocation when nobody was looking for him, depositing the trailer at his mother's residence where neighbours said they hardly ever saw him. Surely they had not previously seen his trailer either, or it would not have seemed such an unusual and noteworthy site in the neighbourhood.

Re Smich ... I think he was used as a gopher. Not saying Smich wasn't the one who actually killed Tim, but believe it could have been at the behest of DM or possibly believing it would ramp up his worthiness in DM's eyes. I'm also not discounting Suspect #3 as the actual killer. While it may have been DM and MS who left with Tim, there's nothing to say they didn't meet up with Suspect #3 who then went with DM and Tim to "test drive" the truck while MS drove the other vehicle.
Very true. Couldn't they both have been instrumental in his death to the point where it would be hard to say which one was responsible. Still confused about #3 still being out there. The missing posters went out super fast-you would think that if they felt the heat they would have chopped the truck or burnt it or something. Smacks of super confidence of not getting caught and need for preservation of truck. The case became so much stronger when the truck was found...let alone the forensic evidence it may hold. MOO

In the pic below:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion**

there is a very large item covered by a tarp in the bushes behind where the tents are set up. I think it is very possible that is the incinerator. I don't know how much an incinerator ash pan would hold, but if there were in fact burn spots at the farm, I'm thinking they could have been caused by the removal and dumping of ash from the incinerator.

It's been my feeling (since we got the admittedly non-LE-sourced report of 'burn marks' on the ground) that the burn marks were caused by either, yes, hot ash, or improper use of the incinerator (the model manual mentions that it needs a concrete pad to operate on). And to repeat myself for tonight a bit more (sorry, I'm just so relieved we're discussing the actual CASE again), I find it difficult to believe they would have burned a body out in the open when they had a perfectly good incinerator sitting right there. It's like buying an expensive cordless drill and then, when you most need it, using a screwdriver instead. Plus, we know DM liked his toys.

The only scenario in which I can see them not using the incinerator is if the killer(s) were too squeamish to cut up the body. Since I don't have a violent bone in my body, I just don't know. I suppose there could be a spectrum wherein someone was able to kill (and then burn) an innocent person, but couldn't stomach cutting them up to fit in the incinerator.

Are you saying that you think LE is lying? The most recent article I've seen, from 3 days ago, said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/story/2013/05/31/kitchener-millard-farm-warrent-complete.html
No, I'm not saying they are "lying" but I don't think we are privy to the most current info.
Gee, I hope they do have suspect #3 in custody because this is an awfully long time to be searching for him/her. Maybe they are searching for suspect #3's remains. JMO

Do we know what the cause of death was,, xamination was done , Tims buried ,,,,seems to me if there was alot left of Tim , would have taken longer then it did ,, Ijust dont recall xactly how he died ..anybody ????
Cause of death has not been revealed. Not sure what you mean "would have taken longer than it did"? The body was discovered on Monday, May 13, and memorial was on May 22. Cremation probably performed the day before. So that's was a week at least for the coroner to complete the examination.

All Terrain Vehicles are very common around here there the new age horses lots of farmers have them..

An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), also known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler, is defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. As the name implies, it is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles. Although it is a street-legal vehicle in some countries, it is not street legal within most states and provinces of Australia, the United States or Canada.

Oops. I know my wording was ambiguous, in retrospect, but thank you. I should have said "is this ATV rumor a local thing?" In other words, where does the rumor that 'random people riding ATVs found TB's remains' originate? I have only seen it mentioned (twice now, by different people) on these forums, so I wondered if it was a local rumor going around that has not really been picked up in print.

I know LE was on horseback on parts of the search; is it possible it was LE riding ATVs too?

No, I'm not saying they are "lying" but I don't think we are privy to the most current info.
Gee, I hope they do have suspect #3 in custody because this is an awfully long time to be searching for him/her. Maybe they are searching for suspect #3's remains. JMO

The article was not quoting that LE was saying they were still searching for the #3 suspect, I believe it was the writer of the article who mentioned it at the end of the article. I think #3 has already given themselves up.

does anyone think DM or MS may have had the tail vehicle parked down the road and either one of them could have been driving it ?? just wondering ...

It's been my feeling (since we got the admittedly non-LE-sourced report of 'burn marks' on the ground) that the burn marks were caused by either, yes, hot ash, or improper use of the incinerator (the model manual mentions that it needs a concrete pad to operate on). And to repeat myself for tonight a bit more (sorry, I'm just so relieved we're discussing the actual CASE again), I find it difficult to believe they would have burned a body out in the open when they had a perfectly good incinerator sitting right there. It's like buying an expensive cordless drill and then, when you most need it, using a screwdriver instead. Plus, we know DM liked his toys.

The only scenario in which I can see them not using the incinerator is if the killer(s) were too squeamish to cut up the body. Since I don't have a violent bone in my body, I just don't know. I suppose there could be a spectrum wherein someone was able to kill (and then burn) an innocent person, but couldn't stomach cutting them up to fit in the incinerator.

I considered they may have run into "technical difficulty" or even visibility issues. Maybe they'd never used the darn thing before and didn't know how to get it started, for one thing, then add the darkness if in fact this took place the night of the test drive, and some panicked individual(s) may have opted to build a fire instead just to get the job done and go. It is odd, but you never know. I don't think we have confirmation the incinerator was even fuelled.

does anyone think DM or MS may have had the tail vehicle parked down the road and either one of them could have been driving it ?? just wondering ...

If you look at some of the older posts here, you'll find some info on it. I believe that LE have confirmed that DM's Yukon was following behind them that's why there are at least 3 suspects, DM, MS and ?

The article was not quoting that LE was saying they were still searching for the #3 suspect, I believe it was the writer of the article who mentioned it at the end of the article. I think #3 has already given themselves up.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that suspect #3 was only minimally involved as the driver who dropped the other two off (although s(he) does not get a free pass from me regardless), and has perhaps either been hauled in already or has consulted an attorney and has surrendered to LE, and may be talking in exchange for some type of immunity or lesser charges. JMO

Oops. I know my wording was ambiguous, in retrospect, but thank you. I should have said "is this ATV rumor a local thing?" In other words, where does the rumor that 'random people riding ATVs found TB's remains' originate? I have only seen it mentioned (twice now, by different people) on these forums, so I wondered if it was a local rumor going around that has not really been picked up in print.

I know LE was on horseback on parts of the search; is it possible it was LE riding ATVs too?

good question Ill ask around

You may be right.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that suspect #3 was only minimally involved as the driver who dropped the other two off (although s(he) does not get a free pass from me regardless), and has perhaps either been hauled in already or has consulted an attorney and has surrendered to LE, and may be talking in exchange for some type of immunity or lesser charges. JMO

Steve ,, I have never given any thought to <modsnip> being 3 rd suspect , could the driver of the yukon be <modsnip> . and maybe not some big drawn out crime , just a thought here ...Steve your thinking out of the box here,,,,i like that

The last we heard from LE on the subject, that I recall, was during the announcement of the second arrest. Det. Kinsella (am I making that up?) said third suspect is still out there, but the threat to the public has subsided and they really think this person should just turn themselves in. Because of this I believe they know who it is, this person has talked and possibly led them to MS, but LE doesn't have enough evidence to make an arrest. They have a hunch but no proof. At that time they were doing some major forensics on DM's Yukon so you'd think by now they either have someone or they know they might never make that third arrest unless DM and MS speak up.

On an exciting note, it's June and the next court dates are coming up!

Steve ,, I have never given any thought to a Girl being 3 rd suspect , could the driver of the yukon be <modsnip> . and maybe not some big drawn out crime , just a thought here ...Steve your thinking out of the box here,,,,i like that

Shaky, lots of people here have suspected <modsnip> ever since the third suspect was not considered a threat to the public according to LE. Although I don't discount the deal-making suggested by SteveP, it was said at the last presser that 'this person should turn himself in' (italics mine). Even if that was an unintentional error, would they say that if the person has already made a deal? This is the first case I've followed this closely so I don't know what might be a typical move by LE.

Snoofo , <modsnip>

Imsure police have grilled her , wouldnt be surprised if said nothing ,, im sure has good lawyer .. sure she more or less in hiding from press ...havnt heard much about her .

I think the probability that suspect #3 has been apprehended, or given him/herself up is pretty low. First, an arrest in Canada cannot be kept secret (except through the provisions of War Measures Act). The accused has a right to have charges revealed in a hearing before the judge within 48 hours to be kept in custody. Given the public interest in this case it would be something of a miracle if the arrest and remand hearing somehow escaped media attention. There may be some small chance that the 3rd suspect did talk to the police and the LE decided not to charge him/her. But I doubt that also, given that the police has said they were looking for a third suspect (not POI). They (or the prosecutor) would be obligated by the rules of the game to reveal that the 3rd person is no longer a suspect in the case to the defense of the two accused. Not to do so could seriously jeopardize the case against DM & MS.

I am trying to imagine a scenario where the police / Crown would want to keep such information from the public. For the world of me, I can't.

Best,
J.

June 13 is the scheduled video appearance of DM & MS --will this be a yawner day -- what is the normal sequence of events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks