Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think todays appearances will result in the Crown asking for more time to gather and prepare the evidence for disclosure. Suspects will be remanded for another month or so when another court date is set to try for disclosure again. JMO

6 weeks away..odd really...think buyin time for 3rd suspect

Cant denie bail 4 to long....like it or not..they need that 3rd guy

Where are they being jailed?? anyone know...obviously not in or near Hamilton to appear via video court...

DM is in Hamilton, Barton st. And I think MS is in Niagara.

It's not that bail is being denied: DM and MS have to prove to the court that they should be allowed out on bail, and in order to do so they need to know what LE has against them or else their bail attempt will be quickly quashed. LE needs to take their time with the evidence, therefore DM and MS will be caged all that time.

I figure that MS/DM might be in a position to ask for bail in 8-12 months, just based on the fact LE had said it would be 6-8 months before they would be able to figure out how TB died when TB's remains were first found. Keep in mind first estimates tend to be optimistic as well.

Last I read DP was expecting at least 6 months to a bail hearing

I think todays appearances will result in the Crown asking for more time to gather and prepare the evidence for disclosure. Suspects will be remanded for another month or so when another court date is set to try for disclosure again. JMO

Im not sure ( some 1 might want to reasearch this ) but think krown would have forwarded disclosure they have so far .. Its not about just the krown here, they have to give defense something to help build their defense ,,,police cant have it all then just dump on defense in court ...guilty or not , entitled to build own defense.
and theres 2defendants here , to different cases , unnamed people/persons not yet in custody...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/13/tim_bosma_murder_trial_could_be_held_in_late_2014.html

Well, isn't that nice to hear. Almost like he is staying in the Holiday Inn. Is there anything else we taxpayers can do for you? Perhaps a sauna and a heated pool??

Paradkar said Millard has been visited by friends and family while in custody.
“His mother is very supportive,” he added.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/13/tim_bosma_murder_trial_could_be_held_in_late_2014.html

Thats not that far away , they better catch this 3 rd suspect very soon , this case no where near solved and already talkin bout court ,,, moms supportand endless funds for best defense money can buy...... lawyer only to happy to get this to court . 2 diff suspects , 2 diff cases , no 3rd suspect ,

Thats not that far away , they better catch this 3 rd suspect very soon , this case no where near solved and already talkin bout court ,,, moms supportand endless funds for best defense money can buy...... lawyer only to happy to get this to court . 2 diff suspects , 2 diff cases , no 3rd suspect ,

And if there's no 3rd suspect I guess they are good to go

There may be no third suspect.

Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanagh with Hamilton police’s homicide squad told Torstar News Service he is not sure whether three suspects are responsible for kidnapping and then killing the 32-year-old Ancaster father, who left his home on May 6 for a test drive and never returned.

Police earlier alleged the two men climbed into Bosma’s 2007 Dodge Ram and were then followed by a second car — Millard’s dark blue GMC Yukon. A third suspect was believed to be the person driving that second car.

Kavanagh now says police are not sure whether Smich, who is said to have been in the back seat of the truck while Millard was driving, exited that vehicle after leaving Bosma’s home and got into the driver’s seat of the Yukon.

“That is possible right now, yes, but I’m not going to commit either way,” Kavanagh said.

If there is a third suspect, Kavanagh said police do not have any leads on who it might be.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/69...tim-bosma-murder-may-not-exists-investigator/

There may be no third suspect.

Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanagh with Hamilton police’s homicide squad told Torstar News Service he is not sure whether three suspects are responsible for kidnapping and then killing the 32-year-old Ancaster father, who left his home on May 6 for a test drive and never returned.

Police earlier alleged the two men climbed into Bosma’s 2007 Dodge Ram and were then followed by a second car — Millard’s dark blue GMC Yukon. A third suspect was believed to be the person driving that second car.

Kavanagh now says police are not sure whether Smich, who is said to have been in the back seat of the truck while Millard was driving, exited that vehicle after leaving Bosma’s home and got into the driver’s seat of the Yukon.

“That is possible right now, yes, but I’m not going to commit either way,” Kavanagh said.

If there is a third suspect, Kavanagh said police do not have any leads on who it might be.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/69...tim-bosma-murder-may-not-exists-investigator/

Ehem. Sounds like they don't know what the hay went down. Sadly.
My impression. I hope I'm wrong.

moo

DM's lawyer is letting the public know that some of his friends are visiting him in jail. That is just dumb in my opinion.

DM's lawyer is letting the public know that some of his friends are visiting him in jail. That is just dumb in my opinion.
Funny I didn't think the guy had actual friends jmo

So basically DM's lawyer is relaxing and knowing that nothing much will happen for about a year to a year and a half. And we have a publication ban to boot...Let's all just come back a couple of years from now...

LOL.

Nothing to see here folks. Just Canadian justice.

moo

I wonder if they will be tried separately or together, if separate, this could push the date back even further.
I remember the VS case, the murder happened in april 2009
TM had her trial in april 2010 and a partial ban was lifted in Dec 2010.
MR's trial started in March 2012 and was sentenced in May of 2012......3yrs and one month later....the nightmare was over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam